Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I spotted this in an article about Covid.

"Meanwhile, the department is steadily turning back to its many pre-Covid-19 priorities. At the Food and Drug Administration, officials are returning to hot-button issues like tobacco and CBD regulations."

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I spotted this in an article about Covid.

"Meanwhile, the department is steadily turning back to its many pre-Covid-19 priorities. At the Food and Drug Administration, officials are returning to hot-button issues like tobacco and CBD regulations."

Collecting tobacco tax is one of those priorities. Seems to me that Vape juice with nic is bound to be in the tax collection chain before it's all over. It's a good reason to stockpile nic base.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I think all government agencies were created to simply grow eternally, kind of like a form of cancer, until finally the organism that spawned it simply dies.
    New Element: Governmentium (Gv) discovered

added:
    There is a cyclical event, elections, which occurs at different times in the pots of Congressium, Senatium and Presidentorium. When this happens the elements become, in order of above, con-oriums, senileiums and a singlewannabepresidentagainium, which becomes opposed to a single isomorphic wannabenewpresidentium.

During the process of election all three become highly irritative and antagonistic toward each other. As pseudo-unified groups they attack each other while accomplishing nothing and showing no positive movement of their own. When the election process is over the elements again become seated: at which point they then turn on the populations outside of their respective houses. Althouth there may be new con-oriums and senileiums, and every four years perhaps a new presidentium, the weight and motionless nature of governmentium binds the elements again, and nothing changes.

Last edited:
    Reactions: CMD-Ky

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Seems to me that Vape juice with nic is bound to be in the tax collection chain before it's all over.
    Several states already have an excise tax on it. If not for the PTMA stuff making the matter irrelevant, such taxes aren't necessarily a bad thing. Of course no one wants to pay more but, if a state is collecting revenue on something, they may be loathe to restrict the sale of it overly much. This assumes rational behavior on the part of government, of course; generally an unfounded assumption.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Several states already have an excise tax on it. If not for the PTMA stuff making the matter irrelevant, such taxes aren't necessarily a bad thing. Of course no one wants to pay more but, if a state is collecting revenue on something, they may be loathe to restrict the sale of it overly much. This assumes rational behavior on the part of government, of course; generally an unfounded assumption.

That's true.

I guess that my issue with taxing the vape is that the same tax could be elevated for tobacco cigarettes instead. You generally place high taxes on things you'd like to get rid of (like cigarettes and cigars). Right now, the states that are taxing vape products are the ones that currently receive high tax income from tobacco. There will definitely be a shift to a vape as burning tobacco goes out of style.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    That's true.

I guess that my issue with taxing the vape is that the same tax could be elevated for tobacco cigarettes instead. You generally place high taxes on things you'd like to get rid of (like cigarettes and cigars). Right now, the states that are taxing vape products are the ones that currently receive high tax income from tobacco. There will definitely be a shift to a vape as burning tobacco goes out of style.

In an ideal world where the government actually thinks in the well being of it's citizens instead of thinking with their wallet they would actually not even tax vaping products...they would actually subsidize part of It's cost.

Vaping instead of smoking cigarettes is a way to add years to your life,healthier citizens and less stress on the general health medical system.

But then again I'm a dreamer,so yeah that ain't happening.

Last edited:

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Right now, the states that are taxing vape products are the ones that currently receive high tax income from tobacco. There will definitely be a shift to a vape as burning tobacco goes out of style.
    Part of why i'm starting to get into DIY e-liquid and RTAs despite being a newbie and a total klutz.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Part of why i'm starting to get into DIY e-liquid and RTAs despite being a newbie and a total klutz.

The easy way to DIY is to create a liter or so of nic base in the PG/VG mix you like with the right nic percentage and then use small amounts of that to mix flavored bottles. Testing is easy when all you have to do is add flavor, shake, and vape. Many of us found that we like unflavored juice as an all day vape. If we want flavor it's easy to create.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    MEJ that is exactly what I did when I got here and the first deeming date was looming but it has paid off..

795ac51d111578aaae8216a2ee09bbfa--told-you-too-late.jpg

Anna

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain

Once you reach this paragraph:

None of the new cases tested positive for the novel coronavirus and said they had recently vaped products that contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient found in marijuana.

You realize it's just another ''bought fake pods (which contain acetate vitamin e) from the trunk of a chevy nova parked behind a 7-11'' type of article.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread