qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
GP PAPS v2.5 LUX Edition

Well, went ahead and ordered the first batch of GP PAPS LUX. It was tough, many days of lurking on their Facebook page, then taking day-off on Thursday, May-16th/2013, the sale day, site opened @ 4pm local time (it was 11pm in Athens-Greece), their website nearly crashing (overloaded) and finally getting thru the checkout process in 45minutes... man it was tough. However, as the Paypal confirmation came thru - it seemed so worth it.

Basic features: 22mm x 60mm in 18350 mode, which is the serialized main unit. The tubes are made of aluminium-bronze, while the caps (top & bottom) being SS. All contacts and the adjustable centre post are gold over silver plated brass. And now the locking ring has 4 x 1mm ridges, which enables the LUX to stand upright even in it's unlocked state.

Price: The mod, €120 EUR. Shipping, €15 EUR (by DHL to Canada). Total €135 EUR, which works to $181.79 CAD.

More details: www.vapourart.com; Facebook

Though this is my 2nd GP I yet can't seem to go thru the wait anymore... it is exciting! How many of you made it thru yesterday? And how's the feeling?

anskyboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Texas
I got through also. Finally got it on the 55th minute.

The website was crashing constantly which was fine, but the most infuriating part was check out. It took 5 minutes to load the states for the country. However, if you by mistake chose a wrong country (i.e. Pakistan), then even if you chose the United States, 5 minutes later it'd load the cities for Pakistan.

Just when finally the states loaded, the shipping methods didn't load. If you clicked checkout before it loaded, it'd give you an error and you'd have to start again.

I don't think I ever want to go through that ....ty, sad excuse of a checkout, but I'm glad to have gotten my LUX 2.5

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
^Exactly. It was difficult, frustrating, irritating... but I guess all these sites (Caravela, Poldiac, Chi You etc.) go thru similar drops during their sale days. And the fact that we have finally 'got it' - makes everythig bearable.

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
I completely agree with JC, the new switch v2.5 is phenomenal... It is the smoothest button and being able to stand it up any time with any weight catapults it to another level. The threads are perfect. I can not wait to upgrade my v2.1 with this switch. I almost sold it and then decided against it, now I'm glad I kept it since I can upgrade it.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
How about some GP LUX Accessories ?

Given the neat feat with this LUX Edition, its gorgeousness, I believe it also deserves some of it's own accessories, some hi-quality stuff... say a LUX Carry Pouch, Sleeve or Hard Case... a GP Drip-Tip, Or how about a Tank-Atty dedicated to it, something like the "Vela Latina"? Maybe the GP S&P gets a tweak.

I'm sure GP will find a loveable market for these amongst us.

I'm waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread