Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey peeps, anyone found any "sleeve" for the GP-LUX?

View attachment 213871 View attachment 213875

This thing is so beautiful & gorgeous that I dread placing it on the table, or in my pockets either for the 'fear' of blemishing it :( I don't want a single scratch on my LUX. Which is why I'm ending up carrying it in my Ray-Ban pouch, rolled in the soft micro-fiber cloth. And that's passable - but not right.

So, any IDEAS?

anskyboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Texas
You just gotta enjoy the paps bro. Mine's already tarnishing but it adds character.

20130530_005418.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The GP PAPS v2.5 LUX is more than a mod could be :)

Having 'obtained' it in the 1st batch and since playing with it 24/7 (incidentally my Serial# is 0247), I find the GP-LUX miles ahead in concept and design. Both minimalist and simplistic (Perseas says, "less is more"), however manufactured to the highest efficiencies and offers unbeatable performance.

View attachment 216568
_______
Lets' take the TUBE. It is a fresh introduction... Aluminium-Bronze. Rock solid, tougher than brass and 4 x times expensive than SS. And man, it's a head turner. At hand it feels more like Gold, definitely dazzles like one! There'd be patina? Yes. But, much later than brass. And we have discussed re-shining it back a few post earlier in this thread already.
_______
The top HEAD and bottom SWITCH. Made of certified EU 316SS. Higher grade than the previous v2.1, which was 304SS. And they r polished finish (shiny). Together they offer contrasting hues to the device, the body being Golden!
_______
The CONTACT POINTS. Telescopic head, obviously, who makes otherwise nowadays? But 24K Gold over Silver plated? Nah, not many! And this 24K Gold/Silver is all over -- the positive contact point, the bottom (negative) rest-nut and the telescopic post. This entire arrangement gives "conductivity" a new meaning. Though I may not be an efficient techie - yet my multimeter suggested a mere 0.1-0.15v voltage drop without load, while it's consistently <0.2v with a 1.1-1.2Ω atty.
_______
The FIRING BUTTON. It's pointless to talk about the GP-LUX without describing it's new designed, innovative button! Hereon all PAPS shall adorn this refreshed button until Perseas comes up with something better. This is a rocker! Yes the LUX stands while being unlocked! GP created 4 ridges of 1mm height on the bottom of the locking ring, which enables the PAPS to stand upright without the need of being locked. And while talking of the advantages of this button design -- the PAPS firing button has even lesser travel now. It performs at nearly '0' pressure... it's a mere 1mm plunger... and thus akin to touch button!
_______
The LOCK RING. The design dept. of GP has another feather in their cap with this locking ring. The ring works super smoothly, locks/unlocks the switch just with a flick of the finger. Yes, one single flick rotates the ring into a full 360° turn, which is enough to do the job.
_______
The THREADS. All threads of the LUX and it's switch mechanism are calibrated. It's at 0.05 tolerance. So, the new v2.5 switches will be interoperable with all earlier versions of the PAPS, especially the v2.1. However, the new tubes wouldn't, with an earlier switch. The grooves are the best machined in a device as of now. Everything couples-in buttery smooth, effortlessly.
_______
OVERALL: This is one stunning device, an MPM (Must-Possess-Mod)!

porkchopharry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Los Angeles
Ordered this yesterday to keep my PAPS' (+vape stuff) happy & safe...

Ref.: Vapor Joe
Price: $34.95 Shipped (to Canada)
Note: Some customization being done/accepted before shipment
Lead time: 3-4 business days

I've boomarked their page and will be getting one myself, damn fine little deal that is.

colossalK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
The GP PAPS v2.5 LUX is more than a Mod could be :)

Having 'obtained' it in the 1st batch and since playing with it 24/7 (incidentally my Serial# is 0247), I find the GP-LUX miles ahead in concept and design. Both minimalist and simplistic (Perseas says, "less is more"), however manufactured to the highest efficiencies and offers unbeatable performance.

View attachment 216568
_______
Lets' take the TUBE. It is a fresh introduction... Aluminium-Bronze. Rock solid, tougher than brass and 4 x times expensive than SS. And man, it's a head turner. At hand it feels more like Gold, definitely dazzles like one! There'd be patina? Yes. But, much later than brass. And we have discussed re-shining it back a few post earlier in this thread already.
_______
The top HEAD and bottom SWITCH. Made of certified EU 316SS. Higher grade than the previous v2.1, which was 304SS. And they r polished finish (shiny). Together they offer contrasting hues to the device, the body being Golden!
_______
The CONTACT POINTS. Telescopic head, obviously, who makes otherwise nowadays? But 24K Gold over Silver plated? Nah, not many! And this 24K Gold/Silver is all over -- the positive contact point, the bottom (negative) rest-nut and the telescopic post. This entire arrangement gives "conductivity" a new meaning. Though I may not be an efficient techie - yet my multimeter suggested a mere 0.1-0.15v voltage drop without load, while it's consistently <0.2v with a 1.1-1.2Ω atty.
_______
The FIRING BUTTON. It's pointless to talk about the GP-LUX without describing it's new designed, innovative button! Hereon all PAPS shall adorn this refreshed button until Perseas comes up with something better. This is a rocker! Yes the LUX stands while being unlocked! GP created 4 ridges of 1mm height on the bottom of the locking ring, which enables the PAPS to stand upright without the need of being locked. And while talking of the advantages of this button design -- the PAPS firing button has even lesser travel now. It performs at nearly '0' pressure... it's a mere 1mm plunger... and thus akin to touch button!
_______
The LOCK RING. The design dept. of GP has another feather in their cap with this locking ring. The ring works super smoothly, locks/unlocks the switch just with a flick of the finger. Yes, one single flick rotates the ring into a full 360° turn, which is enough to do the job.
_______
The THREADS. All threads of the LUX and it's switch mechanism are calibrated. It's at 0.05 tolerance. So, the new v2.5 switches will be interoperable with all earlier versions of the PAPS, especially the v2.1. However, the new tubes wouldn't, with an earlier switch. The grooves are the best machined in a device as of now. Everything couples-in buttery smooth, effortlessly.
_______
OVERALL: This is one stunning device, an MPM (Must-Possess-Mod)!

are you freaking kidding me right now... How can you write such a thing.... now i MUST have it... but seriously this review sold me. now to choose between this and a brass chi_you

colossalK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
It's attainable friday around 10am est

lol funny you said that, I just did the math for it thought it was 12pm and said fck then realized i did math wrong and i'll be home for that! wish me luck. anyone know how many units they release?

This is obtainable... That is not!

I have a stainless and it needs some brass rings, need to get a brass - mid june there are going to be a bunch of stores west coast, east coast, some stores over seas who will be carrying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread