Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Recently I was fortunate enough to receive a wonderful new mod/tank kit that is very new to the vaping market. I won it as part of a contest that the vendor Heaven Gifts was running, and I have to thank Evan - @Vera for the SUPER fast shipping and response! I’ll tell you this: Heaven Gifts does not waste time with shipping. The device was shipped via DHL from China on December 29th and I received it in Houston, TX on December 31st!

White Target VTC.jpg

Anyway, here’s a review of the product so far:

What:
Vaporesso 75W VTC Mod/Tank Kit

In the box:
Vaporesso 75W VTC Mod

Vaporesso cCell Tank

0.9 ohm Kanthal cCell (installed)

0.2 ohm Nickel cCell

USB Charging Cable

What you need to start vaping:
A freshly charged 18650 Battery (I recommend Sony VTC5s for this one)

A delicious and tasty juice of your choice.

Okay, so I received the package and ripped it open immediately to find the mod box itself was very well protected with several layers of bubble wrap. No risk of damaged good here! So I broke out my trusty pocket knife and freed my shiny new toy from its plastic and cardboard imprisonment.

After unscrewing the Kanthal coil head and giving the atomizer body and internals a thorough washing with soapy water, I reinstalled the Kanthal coil head and filled the tank with juice. I DIY my own blend of 70VG/30PG 7.5mg/ml nicotine that I call Peaches-N-Cream. As a side note, I have been using rayon (cellucotton) wicks for over a year now, to me that gives me the best flavor that I thought possible (yes, even better than Japanese organic cotton pads). Well, folks… I have to admit that I was not overly impressed by the ceramic coils in the beginning. I was a bit disappointed and was secretly missing my rayon… but I wanted to believe in the ceramic. I wanted to give it a fair chance. At about half-way through the first tank, it hit me. A proverbial ‘Mack Truck’ of flavor came barreling down the freeway as if it had lost its brakes and plowed right into me! I was stunned. I tasted flavors that I’d never noticed in my juice before. It was juicy, it was mouth-watering, and I finished off that tank with record speed. In fact, I went through four tanks and two batteries inside of an eight hour time period! Bottom line… the cCells need a bit of an initial break-in period, but after that they are AMAZING!

I suppose that I should touch on the mod, itself, here. All things being subjective, I like it. A lot! It gives me a nostalgic feeling of a video game joystick from my childhood. A little larger than the Atari, of course, but very comfortable and it feels great in the hand. Very natural and ergonomic… The body of the mod is all metal, the battery door is held in place by two very strong rare earth magnets (pull from the bottom to remove because there is a tab that holds it at the top). The back of the battery door (the black section) has what feels like a rubberized coating. It has a ‘leather-like’ look to it, but it allows for a non-slip grip that I appreciate. The rest of the paint is flawless, though if I were to make a suggestion to Vaporesso here, it would be to put a nice clear coat over the color. My mod is white, and easily gets dirty if you have any dirt or grime on your hands when you pick it up. A nice clear coat would make for a cleaner looking mod. The controls are very simple to use, in fact, the display can be switched with three rapid clicks of the fire button to make it easier to read for left hand or right hand use. The mod easily finds its proper orientation in your hand. The fire button is solid with a very satisfying tactile click when squeezed. I know that there is some argument that the mod is not truly capable of 75W with only one 18650 battery… I will not address that here. I will say that I am running the Kanthal coil at 40W and that is perfect for me. With the airflow between ½ and 2/3 open I get a moderately warm and very flavorful vape.

I cannot say with any certainty how long the coils will last, but I am very happy with them right now. Vaporesso claims “self-cleaning”, but what they really meant by that is – if you get a dry hit, or if you overpower the coil and get a burnt hit, if you re-wet the head and/or turn down the power, you will not continue to taste a burnt wick. Very unlike cotton, with which if you burn it… it is trash. Another thing that I can say is that with my 70VG/30PG ratio, the coil wicks and keeps up well. This morning it was 35°F outside and it continued to wick and vape well. If you’ve been through a season or two of vaping, you know that is a pretty big deal… low outside temperatures and high VG liquids typically make for an under-wicking tank and some nasty dry hits.

Just to sum up, this mod is a performer, it is comfortable, it is unique, and I am impressed!

Anyway, that’s my first attempt at a true review of a product. I hope you guys enjoy my viewpoints on this mod, and I appreciate any criticism. I did find this review to be pretty simple to write because I do truly love this little mod and this review basically wrote itself!

Happy Vaping!
Kaz

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Very well written........and sounds quite honest & sincere........I too have the tank and felt the same way about it at first(noting spectacular)...but after 1/2 tank or so it was so good I couldn't put it down.........I am trying to save it somewhat till I get more coils...so I actually put it in the other room....I can't wait till I have extra coils and then it may become my top tank.........

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Very well written........and sounds quite honest & sincere........I too have the tank and felt the same way about it at first(noting spectacular)...but after 1/2 tank or so it was so good I couldn't put it down.........I am trying to save it somewhat till I get more coils...so I actually put it in the other room....I can't wait till I have extra coils and then it may become my top tank.........

LOL!! I almost spit Coke all over my computer when you said you put your tank in the other room! I've got enough RDAs and RTAs that if I run out of coils before I can get new ones, I'll be okay... but I want to put these two coils through their paces and see how much life I get out of them. I'll update this thread periodically to keep a running record of progress...

OH!! And thank you for the kind words! I appreciate that more than you know. I wanted to give as honest of an opinion as I can... nothing worse than a review that clearly misrepresents the item in question!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Recently I was fortunate enough to receive a wonderful new mod/tank kit that is very new to the vaping market. I won it as part of a contest that the vendor Heaven Gifts was running, and I have to thank Evan - @Vera for the SUPER fast shipping and response! I’ll tell you this: Heaven Gifts does not waste time with shipping. The device was shipped via DHL from China on December 29th and I received it in Houston, TX on December 31st!

View attachment 520361

Anyway, here’s a review of the product so far:

What:
Vaporesso 75W VTC Mod/Tank Kit

In the box:
Vaporesso 75W VTC Mod

Vaporesso cCell Tank

0.9 ohm Kanthal cCell (installed)

0.2 ohm Nickel cCell

USB Charging Cable

What you need to start vaping:
A freshly charged 18650 Battery (I recommend Sony VTC5s for this one)

A delicious and tasty juice of your choice.

Okay, so I received the package and ripped it open immediately to find the mod box itself was very well protected with several layers of bubble wrap. No risk of damaged good here! So I broke out my trusty pocket knife and freed my shiny new toy from its plastic and cardboard imprisonment.

After unscrewing the Kanthal coil head and giving the atomizer body and internals a thorough washing with soapy water, I reinstalled the Kanthal coil head and filled the tank with juice. I DIY my own blend of 70VG/30PG 7.5mg/ml nicotine that I call Peaches-N-Cream. As a side note, I have been using rayon (cellucotton) wicks for over a year now, to me that gives me the best flavor that I thought possible (yes, even better than Japanese organic cotton pads). Well, folks… I have to admit that I was not overly impressed by the ceramic coils in the beginning. I was a bit disappointed and was secretly missing my rayon… but I wanted to believe in the ceramic. I wanted to give it a fair chance. At about half-way through the first tank, it hit me. A proverbial ‘Mack Truck’ of flavor came barreling down the freeway as if it had lost its brakes and plowed right into me! I was stunned. I tasted flavors that I’d never noticed in my juice before. It was juicy, it was mouth-watering, and I finished off that tank with record speed. In fact, I went through four tanks and two batteries inside of an eight hour time period! Bottom line… the cCells need a bit of an initial break-in period, but after that they are AMAZING!

I suppose that I should touch on the mod, itself, here. All things being subjective, I like it. A lot! It gives me a nostalgic feeling of a video game joystick from my childhood. A little larger than the Atari, of course, but very comfortable and it feels great in the hand. Very natural and ergonomic… The body of the mod is all metal, the battery door is held in place by two very strong rare earth magnets (pull from the bottom to remove because there is a tab that holds it at the top). The back of the battery door (the black section) has what feels like a rubberized coating. It has a ‘leather-like’ look to it, but it allows for a non-slip grip that I appreciate. The rest of the paint is flawless, though if I were to make a suggestion to Vaporesso here, it would be to put a nice clear coat over the color. My mod is white, and easily gets dirty if you have any dirt or grime on your hands when you pick it up. A nice clear coat would make for a cleaner looking mod. The controls are very simple to use, in fact, the display can be switched with three rapid clicks of the fire button to make it easier to read for left hand or right hand use. The mod easily finds its proper orientation in your hand. The fire button is solid with a very satisfying tactile click when squeezed. I know that there is some argument that the mod is not truly capable of 75W with only one 18650 battery… I will not address that here. I will say that I am running the Kanthal coil at 40W and that is perfect for me. With the airflow between ½ and 2/3 open I get a moderately warm and very flavorful vape.

I cannot say with any certainty how long the coils will last, but I am very happy with them right now. Vaporesso claims “self-cleaning”, but what they really meant by that is – if you get a dry hit, or if you overpower the coil and get a burnt hit, if you re-wet the head and/or turn down the power, you will not continue to taste a burnt wick. Very unlike cotton, with which if you burn it… it is trash. Another thing that I can say is that with my 70VG/30PG ratio, the coil wicks and keeps up well. This morning it was 35°F outside and it continued to wick and vape well. If you’ve been through a season or two of vaping, you know that is a pretty big deal… low outside temperatures and high VG liquids typically make for an under-wicking tank and some nasty dry hits.

Just to sum up, this mod is a performer, it is comfortable, it is unique, and I am impressed!

Anyway, that’s my first attempt at a true review of a product. I hope you guys enjoy my viewpoints on this mod, and I appreciate any criticism. I did find this review to be pretty simple to write because I do truly love this little mod and this review basically wrote itself!

Happy Vaping!
Kaz

Great review, Kaezziel! I'm glad you stuck with the coil long enough to get that amazing flavor. For me, the kanthal head provided that right out of the box, but the nickle coil had a little break-in period. I started my kanthal coil out at 22 watts, though, so I wonder if that made a difference. I don't have enough experience with these coils (yet) to know that for sure, but I definitely agree that the flavor and vapor from these sintered coils is beyond anything I have ever experienced! :)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Great review, Kaezziel! I'm glad you stuck with the coil long enough to get that amazing flavor. For me, the kanthal head provided that right out of the box, but the nickle coil had a little break-in period. I started my kanthal coil out at 22 watts, though, so I wonder if that made a difference. I don't have enough experience with these coils (yet) to know that for sure, but I definitely agree that the flavor and vapor from these sintered coils is beyond anything I have ever experienced! :)

Yeah, I think I started at 10W, then bumped 5W at a time until I hit 35W... I rode that out until the flavor kicked in, then I bumped to 40... I can't put it down now! I almost can't wait for the kanthal coil to die so that I can switch to the nickel and try that one...

hahahaha... now you're saying "sintered" in my thread! :lol:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
LOL!! I almost spit Coke all over my computer when you said you put your tank in the other room! I've got enough RDAs and RTAs that if I run out of coils before I can get new ones, I'll be okay... but I want to put these two coils through their paces and see how much life I get out of them. I'll update this thread periodically to keep a running record of progress...
I can't help it....when I find something that works that well....I want to enjoy it for as long as I can....I also put another flavor in it, as I started out with my ADV of 6 MG cotton candy.....but it changed out so clean I was impressed....it's full of 3 MG marshmallow now and I will get enough nic from it that I don't need to suck on it all day....

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I can't help it....when I find something that works that well....I want to enjoy it for as long as I can....I also put another flavor in it, as I started out with my ADV of 6 MG cotton candy.....but it changed out so clean I was impressed....it's full of 3 MG marshmallow now and I will get enough nic from it that I don't need to suck on it all day....

I know what you mean! It's just a really good vape and you don't want it to end... wonder if I can pre-order a whole case of new coil heads?!? :D

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Well I don't know about a case....but for sure a 5 pack....I think they may last a few weeks....if not a month...for me anyway...I have 4 tanks going 2 regular and 2 subs......

Hey! Gotta be prepared for the Vapocolypse! Wouldn't wanna run out of sintered cCells in the middle of a 3rd world revolution!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey! Gotta be prepared for the Vapocolypse! Wouldn't wanna run out of sintered cCells in the middle of a 3rd world revolution!
Maybe not Vapocolypse....but for sure be prepared for extra TAXES on online vape items.....or worse....they wouldn't be able to mail them here at all.............

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Maybe not Vapocolypse....but for sure be prepared for extra TAXES on online vape items.....or worse....they wouldn't be able to mail them here at all.............

Yeah! That would be absolutely horrible!! I'd have to buy plane tickets to China and smuggle them in myself! :lol:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yeah, I think I started at 10W, then bumped 5W at a time until I hit 35W... I rode that out until the flavor kicked in, then I bumped to 40... I can't put it down now! I almost can't wait for the kanthal coil to die so that I can switch to the nickel and try that one...

hahahaha... now you're saying "sintered" in my thread! :lol:
LOL! :D

I initially stayed at around 22 watts until I read that Vaporesso's recommended wattage for this device is 35 watts. I was a little afraid of going that high with a .9 ohm coil, but I am very glad I did. It's crazy how delicious the juice is at higher wattages!

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Looks like something kanger would make if it were for a star wars convention. Part storm trooper, part light saber.

I kinda like it.

Tapatyped

At first I thought it was kinda cool, kinda dorky, and a lot like me... :lol: Then once I actually had it, I can hardly put it down... it really does have a good feel to it.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
It does change out clean, doesn't it? I vaped 3 tanks of VERY strong menthol/fruit juice on the coil I am using right now but switched to just a straight watermelon juice for this current tank and I only have just a tiny hint of menthol flavor. I am willing to bet that when I vape through this tank (I am about halfway done) and refill all of the menthol will be gone. That NEVER happens with cotton coils!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
LOL! :D

I initially stayed at around 22 watts until I read that Vaporesso's recommended wattage for this device is 35 watts. I was a little afraid of going that high with a .9 ohm coil, but I am very glad I did. It's crazy how delicious the juice is at higher wattages!

I'm used to higher wattage from sub-ohming on mech mods. I think I've been as high as around 125W on rayon wicks with no problems. Just gotta make sure you have the airflow for it. Every time I bumped up the wattage on the Target, I opened up the airflow a little more... I had it wide open at 40W, but have since closed it back down a little... you're right, the flavor out of this coil at higher wattage is pretty unbelievable!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
It does change out clean, doesn't it? I vaped 3 tanks of VERY strong menthol/fruit juice on the coil I am using right now but switched to just a straight watermelon juice for this current tank and I only have just a tiny hint of menthol flavor. I am willing to bet that when I vape through this tank (I am about halfway done) and refill all of the menthol will be gone. That NEVER happens with cotton coils!

I haven't tried changing flavors yet... I've been vaping the same juice for close to a year now. I just like it that much... but maybe I'll mix up a Vanilla Custard this week and give it a try.

That was another thing I loved about rayon... flavor changes are pretty clean with it, too. I never could do menthol, but I had a flavor called "Sazerac" which has anise in it. I swapped from it to a Honey Pear flavor with almost no cross-over...

Reactions: cooladdict

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Looks like something kanger would make if it were for a star wars convention. Part storm trooper, part light saber.

Agreed. Though I was thinking part stormtrooper, part super soaker. The orange accents make it seem like a kids toy so they can pretend to "vape" like dad.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Agreed. Though I was thinking part stormtrooper, part super soaker. The orange accents make it seem like a kids toy so they can pretend to "vape" like dad.

LOL! You're kinda right... it does resemble the grip on a super soaker! Maybe my subconscious made me like it for that reason!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I haven't tried changing flavors yet... I've been vaping the same juice for close to a year now. I just like it that much... but maybe I'll mix up a Vanilla Custard this week and give it a try.

That was another thing I loved about rayon... flavor changes are pretty clean with it, too. I never could do menthol, but I had a flavor called "Sazerac" which has anise in it. I swapped from it to a Honey Pear flavor with almost no cross-over...
I have heard that about rayon. I don't have any experience with it, though. I CAN build my own coils but I am....lazy. :D One of my resolutions for this year is to start rebuilding some of my prebuilt heads so rayon is on my list of things to get. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread