75W Vaporesso TARGET 2 VTC Kit with Ceramic cCELL Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
Last night my wife experienced a "Low Power" on her targe (Original one) I have been trying to research it but not much out there on this problem. Is this part of the glitch or a different problem. No matter what I do I can't get it to fire or get rid of the low power, it seems like it's not reading any atomizer, even without an atomizer it still shows the low power and there is no voltage showing on the screen either. I don't remember if it should or not. I tried to reset it by pulling the battery and holding the power switch down with no luck also.

I bought it for my wife for valentines day so it's about 6 months old.

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Last night my wife experienced a "Low Power" on her targe (Original one) I have been trying to research it but not much out there on this problem. Is this part of the glitch or a different problem. No matter what I do I can't get it to fire or get rid of the low power, it seems like it's not reading any atomizer, even without an atomizer it still shows the low power and there is no voltage showing on the screen either. I don't remember if it should or not. I tried to reset it by pulling the battery and holding the power switch down with no luck also.

I bought it for my wife for valentines day so it's about 6 months old.

Thanks for any help.
That sounds like a battery issue. Have you checked the contacts to make sure they are clean? Or maybe try a different battery?

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
That sounds like a battery issue. Have you checked the contacts to make sure they are clean? Or maybe try a different battery?

Yes, tried multiple batteries and atomizers. It just happened unexpectedly with a 2/3 charged battery. My wife went to vape and it said low power and now it won't even say check atomizer if there isn't one. It will give the shorted if I short the 510 but other than that nothing but low power. I have contacted vape nw where I originally bought it from and will see what they say.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Yes, tried multiple batteries and atomizers. It just happened unexpectedly with a 2/3 charged battery. My wife went to vape and it said low power and now it won't even say check atomizer if there isn't one. It will give the shorted if I short the 510 but other than that nothing but low power. I have contacted vape nw where I originally bought it from and will see what they say.
That's a real bummer. :( Hopefully Vape NW gets back to you soon. They should send you out a replacement. That's definitely not a normal function, lol!

Xexist

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
Yeah, unpleasant flavor is definitely not something you expect with a cCell. Has it improved any?

It did finally go away! Yay! Other problem though. my sister says hers leaks quite often out of the air holes which amoung other things, wastes juice which sucks. Is this a known issue? any chance you know a fix for this?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
It did finally go away! Yay! Other problem though. my sister says hers leaks quite often out of the air holes which amoung other things, wastes juice which sucks. Is this a known issue? any chance you know a fix for this?
I have a friend that had that same thing happen. She added an extra O ring (the top one, I think) to hers and it stopped leaking. The O rings they use on the cCells are not the best. She can try swapping one or both of them out for better ones or just try adding one to the coil. Also, she needs to make sure the coil is tight in the base. They can come loose and that can also cause leaking.

Also, I'm so happy that taste went away! The main feature of the cCell (at least for me!) is the flavor it gives. :)

Reactions: Petabread

Xexist

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
Just want to confirm that the ccell coils that worked in the Target Tank bottom fill should work in the new top fill Pro tank?

Also can I get a recommend on which coil I should get?

9 ohm,
.2 ohm ni200
.5 ohm or .6 ohm stainless

or reverse it and tell me which I should avoid lol. Thanks!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Just want to confirm that the ccell coils that worked in the Target Tank bottom fill should work in the new top fill Pro tank?

Also can I get a recommend on which coil I should get?

9 ohm,
.2 ohm ni200
.5 ohm or .6 ohm stainless

or reverse it and tell me which I should avoid lol. Thanks!
Yes, the Pro takes the exact same coils as the regular Target. I am personally partial to the .9 ohm kanthal coils. I did not care for the ni coils at all. If you want to be able to vape in TC mode, the SS coils are good. That's just my opinion, though. YMMV. :)

Xexist

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
Yes, the Pro takes the exact same coils as the regular Target. I am personally partial to the .9 ohm kanthal coils. I did not care for the ni coils at all. If you want to be able to vape in TC mode, the SS coils are good. That's just my opinion, though. YMMV. :)
the coils design is different and my sister said the ccell coil I had bought for the previous target tank wasnt firing or her. bad coil maybe?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
the coils design is different and my sister said the ccell coil I had bought for the previous target tank wasnt firing or her. bad coil maybe?
The cCells are all interchangeable. They just have different colored O rings for the different wire types. There have been pictures online of some silver ones, but I have yet to see any of those in real life, lol! As for your sister's coil, it could be that that coil is bad, or it might be how it's installed. They sit in the base so tightly that you can think it's snugged down properly but in fact it isn't connecting. She should try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it and seeing if that helps. One of my original Target tanks was especially fussy about how the coil was installed and every so often I would have to do that with it.

Xexist

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Fort Saskatchewan
The cCells are all interchangeable. They just have different colored O rings for the different wire types. There have been pictures online of some silver ones, but I have yet to see any of those in real life, lol! As for your sister's coil, it could be that that coil is bad, or it might be how it's installed. They sit in the base so tightly that you can think it's snugged down properly but in fact it isn't connecting. She should try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it and seeing if that helps. One of my original Target tanks was especially fussy about how the coil was installed and every so often I would have to do that with it.
I posted in the correct thread now lol, I hadnt realized Id been posting in the wrong one all this time. Yeah what confused us initially was the different shape at the bottom on the coil (circle vs square) but I see that is just how they chose to differentiate some coils for whatever reason.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I posted in the correct thread now lol, I hadnt realized Id been posting in the wrong one all this time. Yeah what confused us initially was the different shape at the bottom on the coil (circle vs square) but I see that is just how they chose to differentiate some coils for whatever reason.
Oh right! The newer ones have the square bottom! I forgot they did that. I think I posted a picture of the 2 side-by-side a few pages ago, actually. I still have some of the original ones with the round bottom that I clean and reuse. I haven't had to throw very many cCells away! :)

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
That's a real bummer. :( Hopefully Vape NW gets back to you soon. They should send you out a replacement. That's definitely not a normal function, lol!

Well Vape NW got back to me and said they can't do anything because it has been over the 90 day warranty. So I contacted eight vape, who I think is taking all the returns/failures for the other glitch problems to see if they can do anything for us. Hope to hear some good news from them.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Well Vape NW got back to me and said they can't do anything because it has been over the 90 day warranty. So I contacted eight vape, who I think is taking all the returns/failures for the other glitch problems to see if they can do anything for us. Hope to hear some good news from them.
You can also try contacting Vaporesso directly. They are really good about responding to direct requests, though it can take some time for them to get back to you. I hope you get it worked out through Eight Vape, but definitely try Vaporesso as well.

Reactions: Xexist

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
That was before I started using Japanese Organic Cotton Pads.
LOL... sorry, the pub on the telly at the moment I was reading that was for "leak" prevention... ;)
Yes, I find the Organic cotton best, whatever I use, ST, KBF... OMG those HORRID silica wicks that were every where before Cotton! Yukky, so much!
I've not yet tried ceramic, except some Cartos YEARS ago, which were good, as Cartos go...
But I wonder if they'll bring out ceramic replacement coils for the other tanks?
It lasts AGES, so I've read, has no burnt cotton taste, and I wonder if it gives you that "toxic" taste of Dry Hits?
I'd love to know that, about Dry Hit tastes, as my friend, who started vaping when he had 12 months left if he kept smoking (over 4 years ago!) finds them really unpleasant, because of his lung problem.
OK yes, they're unpleasant for every one, but he coughs, splutters, and dives for the O² bottle!
As well, it seems to happen to him much more than it does to me... which is... unfortunate
So any advice on that side would be welcome.
It might end nightmares if it's positive, even ;)
If these tanks were less prone to unpleasant Dry Hit effects I'd order one tomorrow... well, Monday.
Dry hit proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread