Grimm Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
I just watched the Grimm Green review on the Buzz. Some good, some bad, some mis-information. He was wrong about changing the cap. I tried to find an email link to correct a few things but didn’t find one. Perhaps someone here knows how to get in touch with him.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimmGreen

Last edited:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I wouldn’t bother trying to inform someone like that, if you get into teaching him that twisting the end cap 180 doesn’t do anything it will just annoy him, like teaching singing and pigs.

Everytime I read a comment like that, I'm one step closer to leaving this site for good. If you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all.

Of and if the pigs are already singing I assume they are fairly easy to teach.

for the OP, I don't have his contact information and you can't post in on this site anyway. You could send him a PM from this site. If he made a mistake I'm sure he would want to correct it.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I just watched the Grimm Green review on the Buzz. Some good, some bad, some mis-information. He was wrong about changing the cap. I tried to find an email link to correct a few things but didn’t find one. Perhaps someone here knows how to get in touch with him.

YouTube - GrimmGreen's Channel
Finally someone sees this Grimm Army for what it is! Now you are ready to become one of my loyal subordinates, join my Crimson Guard and we will reach out and CRUSH them once and for all!!!
:evil:

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
I wouldn’t bother trying to inform someone like that, if you get into teaching him that twisting the end cap 180 doesn’t do anything it will just annoy him, like teaching singing and pigs.

I disagree. Like him or not his reviews carry some weight. To be blunt there were several mistakes on this review.

Annoyed? I don’t think so. I am sure he would appreciate being informed about mistakes on any of his videos. It will only help his credibility when he makes corrections.

As for the end cap, what I found wrong was the part about having to solder and unsolder the pieces to change from a 901 to a 510 cap. That misinformation might make a potential customer back away from buying a Buzz because it sounds too complicated. I have changed the caps myself and there is no soldering involved. It is very easy.

I am sure Mike will clear this up and there will be a better review shortly.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Is what it IS !~

Nick has certain preferences obviously.

Well after watching it closer , the batteries that did not work I am sure were 3.2 volt Lifpo types , they trip the LOW VOLTAGE circuit ! , I guess Nick did not read the manual ?

901's are not for everybody but does that = a review ? not very accurate .
Nick is a good guy and he does some great reviews , this time he did NOT have the time to even try the unit to it's potential ( no voltmeter , no idea what it was set at ! or what he was doing ) sorry but that was a misinformed , no read the manual , no time review . ( hell he said that in the beginning )

I understand the the BUZZ is not for everyone and I also understand that Grimm Green reviews effect the vaping newbees and experienced users .

However WE understand what is going on , I know it took some of you quite a while to GET IT ! but once you did you GOT IT !

Anyhow no cut on Nick , but in the future at least read the manual .

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
He seems like a good guy to me. Highly doubt he would get ...... if someone informed him of an inaccuracy in one of his videos. That's all I have to say.

Agreed , I will talk to him if I can , he is hard to get hold of .
I think I need to send him a manual ?? I thought I put one in the box , but maybe not ? My bad if I did not !!

Gotcoffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2008
Las Vegas
Grimmgreen is well respected in the vape community for a reason. He has helped many including myself. He is human and would never have a problem being corrected. He has done many follow up reviews correcting comments he has made due to people correcting him. IMO he does the best reviews. I am not a part of his army and not a fanboy. As you can see I've been doing this a long time and respect the people that try to help others.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
I agree , I think he is just slammed for time and the Buzz does take some time to get used to operating .

I appreciate that he even took the time to review the device .

I wish he had more time to really review it , and if he had questions about the operation that he would have asked.

In any case it is his review and it is the way he sees it ! no one can argue with that.

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I just watched the review and think it was totally unfair and had an air of bias against it from the get go. I don't know why someone who supposedly is a respected reviewer would make so many misinformed statements and contradictions. Something else going on here in my opinion. At any rate that is my first impression of his first impression. :)

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Something else going on here in my opinion
It's called haters, when someone new pops into the forums asking questions, then produces something good from the info they receive, you get haters. One person calls him out then a whole group jumps on to join the mob. Not saying this is the reviewer's intentions but follow the journeys of the builder through all the forums and you will see that people were ready to hate on this device early on. The thing doesn't have glitter or jb weld slathered all over it, so their hate is nothing more than jealousy. The first two or three mod makers couldn't keep up with the booming community's demands, actually set out to over shoot them and the final product is still probably nowhere near completion, and probably won't be very practical either. New mods are always going to happen and the OG crowd is just going to have to get used to it.

Edit to add: When someone starts pointing out the cons of a device in their video, start thinking of the cons of smoking cigs, it really puts things into perspective again. Don't like carrying a little screwdriver around? Well for one you don't really have to, secondly is it much harder than carrying a lighter around all day?

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I take all reviews at what they are. The opinion of the reviewer.

This review did have errors in it and I am sure Grimm will make it right. Hope so anyways,

I have owned almost all the mods on the market and this ONE is in the top 2 or 3 that have ever been made IMHO.

There is no learning curve to it that I found. You basically use it like any other mod.

You adjust the voltage with a little screwdriver. Doesn't take a degree.. lol

That's it.. It is a well made device with superior quality built in..

I love my RED one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread