• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 61

Honigschmidt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Sacramento Ca
Just ordered my Gripper yesterday. Can't wait to get it.

I was looking for a nice mod that protected the Carto while in my pocket and this seems to fit the bill perfectly. Love my roughstack but my wife always jokes with me if I put it in my pocket:

"Are you _xxxxx_, or are you happy to see me?"

One suggestion though: On the madvapes website I had the hardest time finding the Gripper. With how affordable and nifty this mod is, I would think it would be more of a headliner on the website.

Always happy with you guys though :) Thanks again

Last edited:

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Sorry, no. It's 9.35mm, just checked it w/ my calipers.

There is a slight inner lip at the top of the hole.This could possibly be reamed/drilled to get to 10mm?

I got my Gripper yesterday and I love the little guy.Fits the hand very nicely.Very pocket friendly. This may be the best basic mod out there, for the $. IMHO,of course.

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Done and done. Got it today and am pretty impressed. :) The lip shaved off nicely with a step bit, but I had to use a round wood bit for the ribs, with a metal bit it would be a breeze. Thankfully the ribs were in there, much easier than actually re-boring it. A shorter mini genisis sat flush inside, and this one with a 75mm tank is kinda too long by about 25mm. An excuse to make another.

6878106966_136fdebd01_z.jpg

The shape of these fits real nice in the hand, the button is great for a thumb, not so much an index finger, and the edge of the knurling on the cap is fairly smooth and isn't getting my palm. The AW IMR's fit great too. Quite pleased with my purchase. :)

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Done and done. Got it today and am pretty impressed. :) The lip shaved off nicely with a step bit, but I had to use a round wood bit for the ribs, with a metal bit it would be a breeze. Thankfully the ribs were in there, much easier than actually re-boring it. A shorter mini genisis sat flush inside, and this one with a 75mm tank is kinda too long by about 25mm. An excuse to make another.

6878106966_136fdebd01_z.jpg

The shape of these fits real nice in the hand, the button is great for a thumb, not so much an index finger, and the edge of the knurling on the cap is fairly smooth and isn't getting my palm. The AW IMR's fit great too. Quite pleased with my purchase. :)

Modding the mod.You gotta love it.Please keep us informed on your progress. I'm very interested in getting a carto set-up that'll hold more juice and not stick out too far. BTW I tried a non-AW flat-top 18350 battery and it fit perfectly also.

BubbaBlue

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
Maryland
One of our guys here came up with a 44.5mm extension and with that screws in the gripper and fits all ego type cartos and tanks. Cool part is that outer tube of the gripper is the same diameter as the bottom part of ego cartos so they actually look good :)

hoog

I love the Gripper. Put in my order for a second one a few hours ago. :thumbs:

Any chance of you carrying the 44.5mm extension? Would like to try one of your DCC tanks on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread