Guess I should say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
Hello from TX! I decided it was time to give up a long time expensive and unhealthy habit last spring when a friend of mine started using an ecig. I tried hers, but didn't like the idea of a push button and leaky juices so I went with GreenSmoke after looking around. (Don't crucify me just yet) I liked the idea of a 2 piece unit, nice naturalish cig looking, no hassle, screw the thing on and go. It worked, never picked up another cig (except the one drag that made me sick!) and I enjoy it. Don't miss analogs a bit.
Well, I've had bad luck lately with the GS cartos, they used to last me 3-5 days, mostly evenings only, not an all day vaper, but that was still a great deal to me. I've gotten unhappy with the flavors, and lack there of, and they are no longer lasting even 2 evenings, although they are "improved". Sounds like they are doing away with flavors altogether, and I'm not a tobacco person.
And the batteries are pretty wimpy.
Anyway, I hated the idea of starting from scratch but spent the weekend scouring the forums, different vendors, and youtube videos, and finally found a kit I hope to be very happy with from wordup. The Joye Ego wordup starter super kit. Read nothing but good things about the EGo. Ordered a few other liquids and a case and I'm very excited to get started with it! The 3 piece setup and liquid is still a bit intimidating, but I hope I get used to it quickly! With all those awesome sounding flavors out there, how could I not switch?!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Welcome to ECF, sounds like you're on your way of the natural progression of vaping.
Start with something that looks like a cig, trade up for something with better battery,
next thing you know you're vaping a full sized flashlight!! :facepalm: :laugh:

I have an ego myself, and it's a great unit, lots of interchangable attys and cartos,
you can use any vendor's juice. All round good vape!

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
Filling, dripping, cartos, cartridges, atomizers, LR....what's best is still a mystery to me somewhat. Trial and error I guess...we'll see. Thank you! And I'll keep on reading!

And yes, being able to use the wide variety of juices out there is exciting to me..GS is limited to their cartos.

Last edited:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Welcome Jennie O :)

The best thing about the eGo is that it's so versatile. You can use any 510 style cartomizer on the eGo if you end up finding that the 3 piece system to too fussy for your liking. Plus, they even sell them (the cartomizers) without the flavored e-liquid in them so you can put in whichever flavor you like the best.

Yes, the eGo is great for experimenting with; carts, cartos, tanks, dripping, LR.... you can try all of that with the eGo and see which is the right fit for you.

Anyway, keep us posted on how it goes and don't forget to ask questions. Good Luck!

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
Filling, dripping, cartos, cartridges, atomizers, LR....what's best is still a mystery to me somewhat. Trial and error I guess...we'll see. Thank you! And I'll keep on reading!

And yes, being able to use the wide variety of juices out there is exciting to me..GS is limited to their cartos.

Trial and err does have a lot to do with it, but that has been part of the fun for me. Part of giving up analogs is finding something to do with the time you would normally spend smoking, and all the options in vaping are really more of an asset than hinderance. Try them all, without getting discouraged or intimidated and decide what is best for you. I remember reading about dripping for the first time and thinking "what a PITA, I DONT want to mess with that"; a couple months later, dripping is my preferred method and is really no more trouble than the process of having a conventional cig.....but with much better flavor.

Welcome and look forward to hearing your first impressions of the new PV when it gets there.

(don't forget to blow out the primer fluid from your new attys before first using them)

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Yep! I have 3 seperate orders coming! Big hit to my wallet, budget was a reason to quit smoking...but what I got should last awhile I hope!

Lol, 3 orders coming my way too. One vendor is running a few days late and has offered me a free bottle of e-liquid. So far I've invested $180 for gear and 95ml of e-juice. Can't wait to vape inside my home, instead of being stuck outside in -20.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
Lol, 3 orders coming my way too. One vendor is running a few days late and has offered me a free bottle of e-liquid. So far I've invested $180 for gear and 95ml of e-juice. Can't wait to vape inside my home, instead of being stuck outside in -20.

That's almost what I spent and what I'm getting. And yes smoking outside sucks.

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
That's almost what I spent and what I'm getting. And yes smoking outside sucks.

Ooh, that rough Texas winter, perhaps you'll need a cardigan? Lol J/k

I remember working at a hospital in Winnipeg (notoriously cold Canadian prairie city) and saw patients outside in -35 with housecoats and rolling IV units, just so they could have a smoke. That's dedication!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread