Hello there. New to eGo cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prachanda

Mar 20, 2013
Durham, UK
I have been vaping various brands of conventional cartomizer/based e-cigs for a few months now and thought I'd take the plunge with eGo e-liquid cigarettes. My CE5 starter kit arrived today, but the instructions, to put it kindly, are a bit incomplete. The atomiser inside the oil tank has a soft plastic cap on the needle and a piece of thread running through the middle of it. Am I supposed to remove both of these before filling the tank?

Sorry, I know I sound like a noob, but it seemed a good idea to err on the side of caution and ask somebody.

Oh, and hello everybody. Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:

Prachanda

Mar 20, 2013
Durham, UK
No that is your wick the part that pulls your juice like a Cole oil lamp

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
Thanks. Looks like I worked it out eventually. There is also a tiny plastic washer that came loose when I removed the mouthpiece from the clearomizer. I re-attached it to the inside part of the mouthpiece. Am I doing the right thing here and is there anything else I should know?

Also the clearomizer looks slanted when I stand it upright. In particular, the atomiser is not parallel to the walls of the tank. Is this normal or is there a risk of leakage if it's like this? :confused:

very gently wiggle it back in place it can come loose at the base also press down on it when its not in your ego carful not to break it i snapped a few in the past it takes just the right touch but i havent seen it leak at all just looks weird you will get the hang of it

Prachanda

Mar 20, 2013
Durham, UK
Thanks, Acidspring13.

I'm afraid I'm having some more issues. I have been using my eGo Twist battery for just over a week now having already replaced the first I was using, but it has started to just flash on and off every time I press it. Does this mean the battery is extremely low or that it is broken? If it's broken, this will make it the second time I have to replace my battery in as many weeks :(. Are they really this fragile?

I've also noticed this only happens when the clearomizer is attached. if I take the battery on its own, I am able to switch it on and off and activate it as normal. Could it be to do with the clearomizer or is this wishful thinking?

Last edited:

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks, Acidspring13.

I'm afraid I'm having some more issues. I have been using my eGo Twist battery for just over a week now having already replaced the first I was using, but it has started to just flash on and off every time I press it. Does this mean the battery is extremely low or that it is broken? If it's broken, this will make it the second time I have to replace my battery in as many weeks :(. Are they really this fragile?

I've also noticed this only happens when the clearomizer is attached. if I take the battery on its own, I am able to switch it on and off and activate it as normal. Could it be to do with the clearomizer or is this wishful thinking?

It sounds like the battery just needs to recharge.

Prachanda

Mar 20, 2013
Durham, UK
It sounds like the battery just needs to recharge.
Okay thanks, I'll try charging it some more. As much as I know is that it's not making the atomiser work (sorry, I should have added that detail, it was why I was so concerned) and that the LED on the charger flashes red and not green. Presumably this means it's charging and a green light means a full charge?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Prachanda and welcome to ECF. Congrats :thumbs:

The atomiser inside the oil tank has a soft plastic cap on the needle and a piece of thread running through the middle of it. Am I supposed to remove both of these before filling the tank?
The atomizer is known as the "head" and contains the wick and coil/ element. The silicon cap is to prevent juice from flooding into the air way AND also seals the drip tip to prevent leaks. The thread going down the center of the air way are wires from the coil/ element that connect to the battery. The wicks running down the side of the tank are silica.

There is also a tiny plastic washer that came loose when I removed the mouthpiece from the clearomizer. I re-attached it to the inside part of the mouthpiece. Am I doing the right thing here and is there anything else I should know?
That's an O Ring and seals the drip tip and prevents leaks. There are 3 O Rings- one on the drip tip, one on the head and one at the base of the clearomizer. Try not to lose them as they are important to prevent leakage.

I'm afraid I'm having some more issues. I have been using my eGo Twist battery for just over a week now having already replaced the first I was using, but it has started to just flash on and off every time I press it. Does this mean the battery is extremely low or that it is broken? If it's broken, this will make it the second time I have to replace my battery in as many weeks . Are they really this fragile? I've also noticed this only happens when the clearomizer is attached. if I take the battery on its own, I am able to switch it on and off and activate it as normal. Could it be to do with the clearomizer or is this wishful thinking?

One of two issues- either the battery needs charging OR the clearomizer is shorting out. When is the last time you recharged the battery?

Prachanda

Mar 20, 2013
Durham, UK
Howdy Mountain_Rain96 and thank you both for the helpful info Vapoor eyes er and Wizzlefits.
One of two issues- either the battery needs charging OR the clearomizer is shorting out. When is the last time you recharged the battery?
Last night, but I switched off the battery overnight and didn't use it again until 1pm today (GMT). Sounds like it could be the clearomizer. Would it be worth emptying it out and trying again?

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Howdy Mountain_Rain96 and thank you both for the helpful info Vapoor eyes er and Wizzlefits.
Last night, but I switched off the battery overnight and didn't use it again until 1pm today (GMT). Sounds like it could be the clearomizer. Would it be worth emptying it out and trying again?
If the clearomizer is shorting out emptying it and refilling would just be wasting juice. If you are sure your battery is charged than it might just be a bad clearomizer. Sometimes there's a bad one or two in the batch. I would try a brand new clearomizer and if that solves the problem throw the other away before it kills your battery. Always keep back-up's around.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

You're welcome. If you had a digital multi tester you could test the clearo for a short.
Battery Info: 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before recharge is needed. If it's a 650 mah then you should have about 6 hrs vaping before recharge is needed.
Did you "fiddle" with the head at all? I may be wrong but it sounds like a short in the clearo- fortunately the battery is sensing this and avoiding damage to the battery.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Prachanda

Mar 20, 2013
Durham, UK
If the clearomizer is shorting out emptying it and refilling would just be wasting juice. If you are sure your battery is charged than it might just be a bad clearomizer. Sometimes there's a bad one or two in the batch. I would try a brand new clearomizer and if that solves the problem throw the other away before it kills your battery. Always keep back-up's around.
I can't be certain at the minute that is not the battery to be honest since I've still got it charging away. If I have to replace the clearomizers though, would I get away with using VIP-branded CE4 clearomizers? They're just a lot cheaper than the CE5's.

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I can't be certain at the minute that is not the battery to be honest since I've still got it charging away. If I have to replace the clearomizers though, would I get away with using VIP-branded CE4 clearomizers? They're just a lot cheaper than the CE5's.
Those should be fine. Just remember these are disposable, depending on how much you vape you may get anywhere from 5 days up to 2 0r 3 weeks. And you will get a bad one from time to time. Some vendors are nice and will replace the DOA one's. So always keep spares around. Nothing is worse than going 3 weeks without an analog to find your last clearomizer doesn't work and going out and buying a pack of stinkies.

Prachanda

Mar 20, 2013
Durham, UK
Compliments of Chrissie here's a list of reputable UK Vendors and discount Codes:
http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/1148/cigarette-liquid-vendors-discount-codes
And here's a list of B&M Vendors in the UK:
Bricks & Mortar Shop Map | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK

And after 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and you can post in the UK Forum
Ah great, there are some very cheap CE7 and CE5 clearomizers on ecignet.co.uk as it turns out. Will I be okay with CE7's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread