The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

LorAnn Flavors- COLOR CODED Complete Ingredients List

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Mistress_of_Design, Jul 27, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nextminttwist

nextminttwist Full Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Brooklyn NY
    basically what i see from the latest list , is any thing without food colour from lorann is safe to vape ?

2. CryoGen

CryoGen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Are The following Lorann's Oils safe to vape?

Pear
    Honey
    Cappucino
    Black Cherry
    Teaberry

Thanks!

3. CryoGen

CryoGen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2014
    Tampa, FL
  4. Austin lol

Austin lol Full Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    Anyone tried the blueberry concentrate? I got it in and it was DARK PURPLE. Found out it had food coloring in it, so I ordered wild blueberry from TFA real quick.

5. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    OUTSTANDING breakdown for someone like me making my first DIY order!!!! Thanks so much

6. sir_puffs_alot

sir_puffs_alot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    Hillsborough, NJ, USA
    I find it starnge how you list the oils as BAD because i use the anise oil, grapefruit oil, and lime oil and love them to death. They taste way more natural and flavprful then reg flavors. I usually use an rda and just shake the bottle every once in a while to mix it up. I only need a few drops of the oils because of the flavor concentration and dont find it separating alot at that concentration. Now if you mix wrong and use alot of the oils of course they will separate, but you dont need that much. Alot of high end juice are useing oils now, as am I in DIY. Some say using equal parts alcohol haelps it meld together.
    I use the natural line from Loranns and natural oils.

7. DeadbeatJeff

DeadbeatJeff Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah like I think was mentioned earlier, essential oils are fine. I use:

anise
    ceylon
    peppermint
    bergamot
    tangerine
    basil

They generally do better diluted @ about 20% in PGA. Especially with something very strong, like the anise, it makes more workable as well.

8. Imme

Imme Full Member

Sort of like, or a lot like, if it looks like smoke it must be bad even when people *know* it's vapor, used in fog machines, inhalers, etc.

I have a friend who is convinced the vapor from my e-cig now bothers her lungs though it didn't for more than a year. I'm convinced it's a mind/body connection that occurred after all the fear mongering and propaganda and the "F" word studies. But that's another topic all together. :)

Anyway, thank you for the explanation and to the person who asked in the first place. Makes sense to me. Cheers!

9. tehmidcap

tehmidcap Super Member Verified Member

Mar 13, 2015
    PA
    I've used bubblegum and certainly would again, it was better than bubble gum flavor extract I ordered from an ecig vendor.

Definitely found even that to be strong though, ended up diluting by about 30% and it still went a long way.

Only thing that bothered me was the coloring really shows, especially after steeping a bit. I prefer colorless options when possible.

10. Hannypoo

Hannypoo Senior Member Verified Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Does anyone know which LorAnn flavors will crack plastic tanks?

11. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
  12. ArgusMcJohnsten

ArgusMcJohnsten Senior Member Verified Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Aurora, that link now goes to the begininning of that thread. I was wondering the same thing as Hannypoo

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
  14. ArgusMcJohnsten

ArgusMcJohnsten Senior Member Verified Member

Mar 24, 2015
    You're welcome, I clicked around and found it, but figured if somebody was in a hurry, they may dismiss it due to the link.

• Like Like x 1
  15. p0nyexpr3ss

p0nyexpr3ss Full Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Indiana
    Oh my goodness! I wish I would have thought to check this out as I was buying flavors from JoAnn's the other day. Luckily the flavors I purchased are all safe to vape! This will definitely come in handy in the future. Thanks!

16. meatdonkey

meatdonkey Full Member

May 26, 2015
    And how much flavoring is needed per 30mls? On average?

17. Arriss

Arriss Senior Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Central Tx
    Thanks for sharing list. I ordered a few Lorann flavors today.

18. MikeTay9779

MikeTay9779 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2015
    Has anyone updated this list for the Natural line of Lorann Oils? I have their natural banana and can't for the life of me figure out a percentage to use and actually taste it. I know they are half the strength, but ugh.

19. AngelColeFire

AngelColeFire New Member

Apr 7, 2016
    How about acetoin or acetyl propionyl
    (I realize this original post is 6yrs old LOL) But hoping someone is still watching :)

20. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Sky Island
    I just popped in to see what was going on. I have some LorAnn flavors.

Anyway, I see some questions and just thought to add.

Ref. post #196, for me, I start a primary flavor at 10-12%. Some flavors are just demure by nature. Pear is one that comes to mind. But, a mint, I lean to a bit lower. If their is more than one primary flavor, I split the percentage. Secondary flavors are there to support or enhance the primary and somewhere in the 1-4% area. As to the 30ml size, I use percents. Some use weight, though. If my total flavoring is 16%, then my base (PG, VG, Nic) is 86%. For a 10ml bottle just divide the percent by 10, or 8.6ml or base and divide all the different flavor percents by 10. For a new recipe, I make 5ml bottles worth so I can vape it throughout a day. My taste buds get affected by different things (morning breath is one) so I like a tank full. Anyway, to get to 5ml values, just further divide by 2. It is all just working in 100 "parts" to the whole. To fill a 30ml bottle, divide by 10 to get 10ml values and then multiple the percents by 3.

I just made 8 new recipes today. What someone else says is good, phooey, I want to try it before I go and make a large amount. Anyway, 8 little 5ml bottles later, they are steeping. When I try the recipe, I make notes, a lot of notes throughout the day. What is strong, what is weak, what to do with the next making of the recipe. It takes time to find and develop a new recipe in to an ADV juice.

Ref. posts #197-199, that is a reason that I stopped by. I am actually looking for info on all the brands of flavor. I use TFA, Flavor West, Flavorah, Inawera, and Capella. Another thing is which have alcohol in them that needs to be aired out.

Thanks