Had to do it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
It's a great idea to have a spare RES for a different flavor. I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I had no idea how I would store it. Is there any chance that you guys could make a case for a spare RES? I was thinking something along the lines of a little cylindrical canister that has a pop-top cover....kinda like the plastic ones you use for rolls of film.

I had that very discussion with my partner at innovapor, Mark. We were thinking of a machined Delrin case, like you said essentially a old school 35mm film canister on steroids. We were arguing the benefits of a simply pop-top with a o-ring closure vs. a threaded lid, so that the case would be water/dust proof... thoughts?

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
I had that very discussion with my partner at innovapor, Mark. We were thinking of a machined Delrin case, like you said essentially a old school 35mm film canister on steroids. We were arguing the benefits of a simply pop-top with a o-ring closure vs. a threaded lid, so that the case would be water/dust proof... thoughts?

Personally, I would go with the "pop-top with o-ring" closure for a few reasons.

1. It will probably be easier for you guys to manufacture since you won't have to worry about threading the body and cap.
2. With an o-ring sealing the cap, I'm sure that it would still be water/dust-proof.
3. It's easier to use. Not that we can't screw/unscrew things, but a pop-top just seems easier.
4. Less user error. No way to cross-thread a pop-top.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Personally, I would go with the "pop-top with o-ring" closure for a few reasons.

1. It will probably be easier for you guys to manufacture since you won't have to worry about threading the body and cap.
2. With an o-ring sealing the cap, I'm sure that it would still be water/dust-proof.
3. It's easier to use. Not that we can't screw/unscrew things, but a pop-top just seems easier.
4. Less user error. No way to cross-thread a pop-top.

That will make Mark happy, he like the pop top idea as well, I think it would be a good accessory. I'll be talking to N8T about it today... we have something in the works right know, we'll have to figure out where in the production schedule we can slide it in.

Thanks!

SH

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
This will be my last intrusion into this thread (I promise!) but I have two questions:

--Can I use a dual coil carto in the RES? The top has to be kept wet.
--Is the RES adapter friendly? I love 901s and 801s for the flavor and vapor

That's it. Then I'll go back to quietly stalking...lol

I have been using the dual coils with it since i got it a week and a half ago, it feeds it very well, but every once in a while the top portion can use a couple drops but overall works well with the res.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
I have been using the dual coils with it since i got it a week and a half ago, it feeds it very well, but every once in a while the top portion can use a couple drops but overall works well with the res.

Thank you atavanhalen! I am still waiting on a dual coil in the mail, based on your recommendation, as I am a throat hit junky. If it hits harder then the SR joye at 6V then it must be pretty serious. I have been really enjoying the 6v + Joye SR for the Throat hit.

SH

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Thank you atavanhalen! I am still waiting on a dual coil in the mail, based on your recommendation, as I am a throat hit junky. If it hits harder then the SR joye at 6V then it must be pretty serious. I have been really enjoying the 6v + Joye SR for the Throat hit.

SH

I just hope you get good ones, qc hasnt been the greatest for some people. It is actually pretty intense, I actually have hardly used hv since I recieved them because they hit so hard at lv, the vapor production does suffer, at least with the ones IO got but I dont care as long as I get knocked in th back of the throat. A tip in case I have not mentioned it to you, take your time filling, drip ten drops wait a min and repeat like 6 times until it is full. Depends on the size of the drop but I get from 50 to 65 drops in one. Also let it sit for ten minutes to make sure it gets fully saturated. I am sure you know all this stuff but just thought I would mention it because they take a bit of time to fill. Also, I found that they really start working and tasting even better after a couple hours of use. Let me know what you think. Try lv first and then kick it up. I have never had a carto that was so hard to burn at hv, they are making me really happy on top of my ultra.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
I just hope you get good ones, qc hasnt been the greatest for some people. It is actually pretty intense, I actually have hardly used hv since I recieved them because they hit so hard at lv, the vapor production does suffer, at least with the ones IO got but I dont care as long as I get knocked in th back of the throat. A tip in case I have not mentioned it to you, take your time filling, drip ten drops wait a min and repeat like 6 times until it is full. Depends on the size of the drop but I get from 50 to 65 drops in one. Also let it sit for ten minutes to make sure it gets fully saturated. I am sure you know all this stuff but just thought I would mention it because they take a bit of time to fill. Also, I found that they really start working and tasting even better after a couple hours of use. Let me know what you think. Try lv first and then kick it up. I have never had a carto that was so hard to burn at hv, they are making me really happy on top of my ultra.

Great advice! Thanks! I have always been a dedicated direct dripper so I needed the crash course!

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com

Thanks, Ata! I've got good attys but these are also good and I've been using them with my bottom feeders so was hoping someone with a RES had already tried them together.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
You know, I originally thought the Ultra carrying case wasn't necessary and I could live without one. I still don't think it's necessary, but I'm really starting to want one :2cool: It would be great to have...I'm sure I'll have one at some point.

I know that its pretty hard to break an alpha, but if you have one of our cases for it you definitely wont break it. They are pretty sweet. Definitely not a must, but for those who want it a luxury.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
You know, I originally thought the Ultra carrying case wasn't necessary and I could live without one. I still don't think it's necessary, but I'm really starting to want one :2cool: It would be great to have...I'm sure I'll have one at some point.

Yeah, the case was a "built it because we can" it is a total lost leader in terms of profit margin, with the coupon code we pretty much sell them for what they cost to build, but they are sweet! There is just so much mass produced Chinese products that end up in the trash, we wanted to build something that was made to last a lifetime.

They are really nice to keep in the car, or if you are like me, carry a briefcase/messenger bag. I know I always have my alpha, some liquid, a spare atty and batts. Pretty much it is my 1 lb solid aluminum security blanket!

Cheers,

SH

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Yeah, the case was a "built it because we can" it is a total lost leader in terms of profit margin, with the coupon code we pretty much sell them for what they cost to build, but they are sweet! There is just so much mass produced Chinese products that end up in the trash, we wanted to build something that was made to last a lifetime.

They are really nice to keep in the car, or if you are like me, carry a briefcase/messenger bag. I know I always have my alpha, some liquid, a spare atty and batts. Pretty much it is my 1 lb solid aluminum security blanket!

Cheers,

SH

I like how you just disguised the fact that you carry a murse. I can say that because I do as well :)

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
I like how you just disguised the fact that you carry a murse. I can say that because I do as well :)

Yeah, the sad fact is a cannot live without my manpurse... Gotta have the laptop, gotta have the Alpha case (worse is I now carry both an Ultra and an Ultramax with cases), too many years as a student... Made me soft ;)

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Great first impressions video by Scott today. I liked the way he described the RES, which I was still trying to wrap my head around. Its made of barbeque briquette material...so.....how does that feed liquid to the atty? is what I was struggling with. There was that and the temptation to violate my inviolate battery family rule to cross over to the 17670. I tell ya, if there's a way to complicate a simple decision I'm the vaper to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread