Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Great first impressions video by Scott today. I liked the way he described the RES, which I was still trying to wrap my head around. Its made of barbeque briquette material...so.....how does that feed liquid to the atty? is what I was struggling with. There was that and the temptation to violate my inviolate battery family rule to cross over to the 17670. I tell ya, if there's a way to complicate a simple decision I'm the vaper to do it!

It took me a minute to get it as well but it is a very simple design, there are holes on the outside of the res chamber that air is drawn through and also holes right at the base of the atty on the inside of the res, as you draw through your atty, air gets sucked through the outside holes pushing/sucking the liquid down into the holes on the inside near the base of the atty, and that is it, if the res isnt quite keeping up you just suck a little harder to draw more liquid and your good, oh yeah and in case it was not implied, the liquid comes in through the bottom of the atty. Did I explain that ok I am not very good at explaining things. One more thing, the ceramic or bbq briquette just acts as a holder for the liquid and the air from your inhale is what moves it or forces it into place, along with gravity. Make sense? As far as batteries, which type do you have in the family because there are 3 different sized Ultras, I have the 14500 version , here is what I am pretty sure it is called THE APEX ALPHA ULTRA FROM INNOVAPOR. Thats quite a name, I really do love this thing though it has been in my hands 90% of the time since I got it. Hope this helped convince you.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Yea, I knew if I was going to order, I needed to decide before the shipping cutoff or I would hate myself tomorrow.

BTW, I can't say enough about how quickly you response to threads and your enthusiasm for customer response on your products.

Well, we are a company built by people who love to vape, for people who love to vape. So we run innovapor like the business we would want to order from. Glad you appreciate us, it is a labor of love!

Cheers, keep us posted on your new Alpha!

SH

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
It took me a minute to get it as well but it is a very simple design, there are holes on the outside of the res chamber that air is drawn through and also holes right at the base of the atty on the inside of the res, as you draw through your atty, air gets sucked through the outside holes pushing/sucking the liquid down into the holes on the inside near the base of the atty, and that is it, if the res isnt quite keeping up you just suck a little harder to draw more liquid and your good, oh yeah and in case it was not implied, the liquid comes in through the bottom of the atty. Did I explain that ok I am not very good at explaining things. One more thing, the ceramic or bbq briquette just acts as a holder for the liquid and the air from your inhale is what moves it or forces it into place, along with gravity. Make sense? As far as batteries, which type do you have in the family because there are 3 different sized Ultras, I have the 14500 version , here is what I am pretty sure it is called THE APEX ALPHA ULTRA FROM INNOVAPOR. Thats quite a name, I really do love this thing though it has been in my hands 90% of the time since I got it. Hope this helped convince you.

Thanks, Ata! I had to read through a few times (while moving my lips and tracing my finger over the screen) but it does make sense now. :laugh:

My battery family consists of the 18650, 14500 and CR123a. It covers a comfortable range of mod sizes and mAh and can be run parallel (all) or stacked (the baby of the bunch, the 123a). Gotta love a family that versatile.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Well, we've spent the day together - just changed my battery - and I've already put on decals and a 901. My thing - that which I seek from all my mods - is lazy vapin' so you know I'm enjoying this. :laugh: I'm about to try one more unsanctioned thing and that is dripping a different flavor into the RES. I kinda have to since I know for sure I'm gonna tear through these lil 3ml bottles at quite a clip.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Well, we've spent the day together - just changed my battery - and I've already put on decals and a 901. My thing - that which I seek from all my mods - is lazy vapin' so you know I'm enjoying this. :laugh: I'm about to try one more unsanctioned thing and that is dripping a different flavor into the RES. I kinda have to since I know for sure I'm gonna tear through these lil 3ml bottles at quite a clip.

Awesome, glad it made it quickly and that you are enjoying your new Alpha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread