Halloween Horror Nights 23 Orlando 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaken007

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
I just got back from HHN 23 and wanted to share my vaping experience there.

First, there are fog machines everywhere... So keep that in mind.

The very first house we went to was The Walking Dead and hardly anyone was there at the time. Standing in line, one of Universal Studio's workers said I couldn't smoke my e-cigarette in line. :vapor: :glare:

Okaaaaaay... So I put it away in my pocket. I continue vaping later on in the line because it's such a habit, that I sometimes forget I'm doing it. Luckily he didn't see me.

Later on in the night, we go to another house called La Llorona. I took a quick puff, put it back in my pocket and exhaled through my nose. Another Universal Studio's worker saw the smoke exiting my nose and said "Hey! No smoking in line!" I raised my hands to show I didn't have anything in my hand, almost as if to say, "You're seeing things, buddy!" He looks at me all confused and goes "No e-cigarettes either!":(

At this point, my own mother started thinking out loud... "You know, that is SOO stupid, people are ignorant, they think it's offensive because it's smoke, but it smells so good! People are idiots." :thumbs:

I was sick of stealth vaping... I'm standing in all these lines and other people are SMOKING around me and I can't vape?? :confused: My vape is better looking, and better smelling and yet I can't vape? :confused: That was quite annoying. I couldn't stand the smell of cigarette smoke the whole time I was there, it was so disgusting. :facepalm: Smoking areas were not abided by, people were smoking right outside of food trucks/kiosks. I did see about 3 other people with e-cig mods though.

Back to the fog machines... they use PG, do they not? And they're blasting this stuff at their own guests all throughout the park. Why can't I make my own little fog machine? :D Anyway, it was just ignorance throughout.. and I thought I'd share my experience with you guys. It's a shame. A damn shame.

Go Mommy!!! Right on, Mom!

As for the why, I'd say it's because it's so hard to police who's actually smoking v. who's vaping since they look the same, and with all the crowd control involved in keeping a sometimes rowdy, very bored group under control, it's easier just to give it an across-the-board "no" than go over, check, verify, have a discussion about it, etc. I know this is traitorous but I can see that. These attractions are hectic enough to begin with.

Next time, stealth it. Blow the vapor down your shirt.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
So fog machine can use PG they can also just blow dry ice.. really depends on the fog machine. There are things called haze machines as well.

So little jimmy was drinking a soda in line. I pulled out my flask and took a big swig of Jack. The attendant told me I couldn't drink that in here.. So what water is in soda right?

Now if people were smoking in line and you couldn't vape? That is messed up to all ....

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
We went to HHN this year too and had a great time. I stealthed my way around the park without any problems, but I'm a pretty sneaky vaper anyway. I ponied up for the express pass so I never got stuck in any lines long enough to want a vape but I understand what you're saying. The whole area is blanketed in PG from the fog machines and they're worried about a PV.

They sure weren't worried about the energy drink/alcohol combos they were selling at the event.:facepalm:

Oaken007

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
So little jimmy was drinking a soda in line. I pulled out my flask and took a big swig of Jack. The attendant told me I couldn't drink that in here.. So what water is in soda right?

Now if people were smoking in line and you couldn't vape? That is messed up to all ....

I think bringing in your own alcohol (which they would have caught at the front gates anyway) is different than drinking alcohol PURCHASED in the park. If they sold e-juice, I might be interested too... but they don't sell cigarettes, and they don't sell e-cigarettes/juice. The park does sell alcohol & sodas & waters... I don't see how this comparison is accurate.

I think bringing in your own alcohol (which they would have caught at the front gates anyway) is different than drinking alcohol PURCHASED in the park. If they sold e-juice, I might be interested too... but they don't sell cigarettes, and they don't sell e-cigarettes/juice. The park does sell alcohol & sodas & waters... I don't see how this comparison is accurate.

Yup. Same as how you can't bring Pepsi into the movies, but you can buy it there and drink it as you wish.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

Sorry don't live in FL. I have brought drinking liquids to other events. Sorry the HHN or whatever doesn't allow it.

My point still stands.

Again not the point or the comparison.

Your vape has PG in it... maybe the fog machine do.

My flask has water in it just like the soda.

Comprendes?

I really don't think you are understanding this whole thing...it has nothing to do with whether one or both products are liquids...it has to do with the fact that you can't bring alcohol into the park because the park requires you to buy their alcohol. Exactly like not being able to bring a drink into a movie theater, but being able to buy theirs and drink it in the theater.

Oaken007

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
Again not the point or the comparison.

Your vape has PG in it... maybe the fog machine do.

My flask has water in it just like the soda.

Comprendes?

No, I don't comprende, because you're not drinking the alcohol for it's WATER & HYDRATION PROPERTIES. You're drinking it for it's ALCOHOL CONTENT. Same as the soda, we all know that Soda will dehydrate you, so they're not drinking it to quench their thirst. So no, I don't get what you're saying because it's not a valid comparison. Even if you go a step further and say that "Well you're vaping for its Nicotine content." The only way I can vape it is by putting it into PG/VG mixture, which again, they DO NOT SELL at the park.

They don't sell cigarettes at the theme park, they don't sell e-juice or even e-cigarettes at the park. They do sell: water, soda, alcohol. So I understand why they wouldn't let you have your flask of whiskey at the park... because they want YOUR MONEY on the alcohol they provide. Two completely different things... Completely different.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I really don't think you are understanding this whole thing...it has nothing to do with whether one or both products are liquids...it has to do with the fact that you can't bring alcohol into the park because the park requires you to buy their alcohol. Exactly like not being able to bring a drink into a movie theater, but being able to buy theirs and drink it in the theater.

Sorry her quote...."Back to the fog machines... they use PG, do they not? And they're blasting this stuff at their own guests all throughout the park. Why can't I make my own little fog machine? A"

this ain't that hard.

Last edited:

Oaken007

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
His quote...."Back to the fog machines... they use PG, do they not? And they're blasting this stuff at their own guests all throughout the park. Why can't I make my own little fog machine? A"

this ain't that hard.

I get it... (I'm a girl by the way)

But what I said about "making my own little fog machine" was a joke. A sarcastic joke.

Therefore, in your alcohol comparison, it is still not valid. Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense.

His quote...."Back to the fog machines... they use PG, do they not? And they're blasting this stuff at their own guests all throughout the park. Why can't I make my own little fog machine? A"

this ain't that hard.

And back to my reply to that quote...it's THEIR fog machines, under THEIR control in quantities THEY dictate, with liability covered for THEM using the fog only...That shouldn't be very hard either. But apparently, it is.

Not to mention the fact that we don't know whether they're using PG alone, or PG in conjunction with dry ice, or no PG at all and just dry ice...but that's a whole other matter and you're having enough difficulty with just this much so we won't delve into the possibilities. ;)

(Sorry, seems like you enjoy being snotty so I figured I'd indulge you.)

I get it... (I'm a girl by the way)

But what I said about "making my own little fog machine" was a joke. A sarcastic joke.

Therefore, in your alcohol comparison, it is still not valid. Sorry, but it doesn't make any sense.

Apparently, it doesn't have to! :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread