Halo confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornFlemish

Aug 22, 2013
United States
A couple of weeks ago I got my halo kit with cartridges (tribeca, prime 15 and since I'm Belgian, Belgian cocoa) and a free bottle of southern classic. I actually did like all of them, tribeca being my favorite. They all had medium nicotine level.

So when I was running low on them I figured I'd try the mini tanks. So I ordered a couple of those and a whole bunch of their liquids.
Captain Jack, Freedom juice, midnight apple, longhorn, tiki juice, malibu and mystic. I ordered all but one in 0 nicotine because I really only want the vaping experience and don't really need the nicotine. I started with filling a tank with Captain Jack and omg...it was horrible. Then i filled my second tank with malibu and it was nice, almost like drinking the actual drink with a hint of mint. After that one was empty I filled it with midnight apple...and that one was equally as horrible than the captain jack, just with a hint of dried apple. So now I have 2 tanks that have remnants of the bad flavor in it so trying the other juices kinda results in the same notes that I didn't like lingering in the other ones I try. Even the southern classic that I know the flavor of is tasting bad now.

So now I'm all paranoid and wonder if the tanks have anything to do with the bad flavor. Or the zero nicotine. I'm just really confused. I ordered a bottle of tribeca, with 0 nicotine, and a bunch of new tanks and hope that that will be good. I'll probably stay away from the other tabacco flavors and stick with tribeca and maybe some gourmet ones.

Anybody have any experiences with these flavors or with zero nicotine flavors?

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
I've found that lowering the nic level makes flavors taste better. But maybe for you, it was that nicotine that made it taste better to you. Tanks will change the flavor a little bit, but they shouldn't go from good to bad. You can try ordering a few empty cartridges and filling them with the juice to see if the flavor is still bad.

I don't know much about Halo juice, so I don't know if it needs to be steeped.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Steeping? Sheesh, how are we beginners to know all these things?? Guess I'll try that with the ones that I don't like and see what happens.

Halo juices are ready to vape right out the box. They do not require steeping.

Yes, the flavor of any juice may change a bit while it's sitting exposed to light and oxygen, but that's normal and nothing to worry about.

If you like Halo, just vape and enjoy! If you don't like them, just try something else! Nicotine has a slight peppery taste, that's it.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I started with Halo G6 gear and liquids in April, also got Tribeca in my kits prefilled cartos, plus bought a 30ml of it and a Gourmet sample pack, extra batteries, blank XL cartos and a bunch of mini tanks. All I ended up using was the mini tanks... don't like the cartos, so I bought a bunch more of them to build up a stock of them. They are very easy to maintain by cleaning them with vodka, and other than one that was junk out of the box I still have all of them from the very start... and they all still work great. Halo's liquids are freshly made depending on when they got their order in. All of mine have been no more than a week old when I got them. They are OK as soon as you get them, but enhanced by steeping them. Loved Tribeca at first, can't stand it now and half of that 30ml bottle is still unused 4.5 months later. Was the same with most of the others, I bought several 30ml bottles of those I liked from the sample pack (a couple of them 2 bottles), but got tired of them and seldom vape them now. I got into DIY as soon as I got the supplies bought and received to do it and never looked back. Even though I have mods now I still use the Halo G6 gear, have 6 batteries with mini tanks scattered around the house and take them when I go out for walks. At first I used them w/mini tanks to try out my test batches of DIY, but switched to the mods and mostly use the Megalodon now. They are a good company, have solid gear and are known for their liquids. But in my case anyway I mostly don't like their liquids anymore. Must be 5-6-7 30's sitting around here at $20 a pop, a couple still unopened the rest half or more full that I never dip into anymore (except maybe the Kringles Curse rarely). That was my surprise favorite of the 8 Halo flavors I've tried, and the only one I didn't get overly tired of. Hope some of that rambling helps BF...

BornFlemish

Aug 22, 2013
United States
Okay..so after steeping the ones I didn't like straight out of the box I have to say it does taste better. I haven't dared to try the captain Jack yet though. But the midnight apple sure tastes better. It probably helped that I used a tank that first had juice in it that I liked, so when it was empty I didn't clean it or anything, just put in the juice I didn't like and it seems that the remnants of the previous juice kinda make it sweeter and more likable. But the steeping sure helped to get the harshness out of them too. So thanks for the help!

I also ordered some Mt. Baker juices. Seems like people are raving about those.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Everybody has such different likes and dislikes. I thought Torque, Prime, Voodoo and Midnight Apple straight out of the box were awesome. Tribeca, not so much. Let it steep for 3-4 days, still don't like it..giving it more time before I start mixing it. Also, Southern Classic smells super perfumey to me, been steeping now a week and still smells yucky so I haven't tried it yet.

But, I love deeper, layered flavors and not super sweet, exception has been Voodoo. I don't think I could ever vape a straight out flavor like strawberry or peach or something sweet like that. Makes sense since I don't care for eating desserts. Give me the tobacco or coffee flavors and I'm happy!

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
If I'm reading the original post correctly, you plan to use Tribeca exclusively in your new tanks to avoid tainting them with other flavors. Sounds like a reasonably good plan to me.

If and when you decide to sample some new juices again you might consider using your old cartridges (cartomizers) to sample them. Hopefully you haven't discarded them. You can remove the poly fill and just drip a couple of drops inside for sampling. You'll get 5 or 6 good vapes from a couple of drops and the flavors don't seem to mix too badly when you switch flavors. Even if they do, you only waste a cartridge that you probably would have discarded anyway instead of ruining one of your tanks.

There was a recent thread with a video in the Halo forum showing how it's done:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cart-into-drip-atomizer-test-taste-juice.html

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
If I'm reading the original post correctly, you plan to use Tribeca exclusively in your new tanks to avoid tainting them with other flavors. Sounds like a reasonably good plan to me.

If and when you decide to sample some new juices again you might consider using your old cartridges (cartomizers) to sample them. Hopefully you haven't discarded them. You can remove the poly fill and just drip a couple of drops inside for sampling. You'll get 5 or 6 good vapes from a couple of drops and the flavors don't seem to mix too badly when you switch flavors. Even if they do, you only waste a cartridge that you probably would have discarded anyway instead of ruining one of your tanks.

There was a recent thread with a video in the Halo forum showing how it's done:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cart-into-drip-atomizer-test-taste-juice.html

HUH???? :confused::confused: You can drip like this????????:ohmy: I just asked in the Halo forum how to sample new flavors w/out having to "waste" tanks!! THANK YOU! :toast:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
One of the hardest things is finding the flavors you like. It's great that you found Tribeca right away and some of the gourmet flavors. There isn't just one juice vendor that I like all their juices. And I've found I don't like fruity flavors at all. But that wasn't until I tried several different bottles that I realized that.

My advice, is buy samplers or small bottles to start out with. Samplers can be more expensive but it's cheaper in the long run and you're not getting stuck with 29ml of something you don't like. Good luck on seeking out the flavors you enjoy!!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
One of the hardest things is finding the flavors you like. It's great that you found Tribeca right away and some of the gourmet flavors. There isn't just one juice vendor that I like all their juices. And I've found I don't like fruity flavors at all. But that wasn't until I tried several different bottles that I realized that.

My advice, is buy samplers or small bottles to start out with. Samplers can be more expensive but it's cheaper in the long run and you're not getting stuck with 29ml of something you don't like. Good luck on seeking out the flavors you enjoy!!

Oh don't get me wrong, I've found quite a few great flavors. But ironically, I did start w/a ton of different sample packs and have like 3-4 small little sample bottles left I haven't tried yet. But I didn't want to fill tanks to do this. I've read about dripping but thought that was only for fancy mods. Didn't realize I can make a lil drip for my G6!!! So excited to try it. I just hope it gives a pretty true taste of the flavor this way.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
If you were a long term smoker, things will change as your sense of taste and smell starts to recover. The juices I liked when I started, I couldn't stand 2-3 months later. Don't make the mistake I made. I stocked up on juice...I mean I REALLY stocked up...and now I have more than a dozen bottles of awful tasting juice in my apocalypse stash.

BornFlemish

Aug 22, 2013
United States
I do buy the samplers first. I think I now realize that I kinda need 12mg of nicotine in my juice. For the flavor. The 0mg tribeca I got is sooooooo bland. And the 6mg tribeca cartridges I got are pretty bland still too. The first time I tried Tribeca it was 12mg. Maybe I don't like tribeca as much as I thought... All the samplers without nic that I got are like vaping vaguely flavored air and I miss the throatfeeling of smoking. Soooo I don't know. The search for the perfect juice and nicotine level continues. I hope I can mix some of my mount baker 0 nic flavors with other 12 mg nic juices that I ordered so they won't just go to waste.

I will definitely do the testing of flavors with some of my used cartridges. Thanks for the tip!

I keep blaming the fast dying halo G6 batteries for my lack of good vapor and flavor and etc. So now I got a passthrough battery, which did help with a consistent vapor production. But of course flavor of 0 nicotine juices did not get any better lol. So....I ordered some nicotine juices and also tried out a relatives' eGo Twist. I was like holly ....., THIS is awesome, and with a lot of guilt for spending so much money already on G6 stuff I went and ordered the eGo C twist with Kanger T3S and a Kanger Protank. It seems like I've wasted a lot of money on finding the right setup and juice but by reading the forum I realize I'm not alone. :blush: I hope the Twist will be what I am truly happy with. I have read many good things about it. Of course I can still use the G6 for going out so i don't have to shock people with the gigantic Twist and I can use it to try the new flavors. So my guilt is somewhat lower.

I could really use some suggestions for good juice though. It seems like I like a tobacco juice that is slightly sweet, but not cloyingly sweet and has a nice throat hit but not making me cough up. I also like some flavours. I liked the cola,malibu,pineapple and strawberry milk (moojuice)...well..from what I could tell from the vague 0 nicotine flavours I have. Sigh...I wish I would have just ordered nicotined juices. It would have made my life so much easier lol

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Yeah, I've spent a lot of money searching for my sweet spot too. My first starter kit was $99.99 and I only used it for a week before I realized it wasn't really what I needed. I bought some other stuff (some of it was right for me and some of it wasn't) and I haven't used that kit since. It takes a lot of trial and error unless you just get lucky.

The good thing about all of this is that with persistence, you will find what is right for you and when you do you can really start to save some money if that is what you want to do. And if you are a former smoker you probably would have spent just as much or more on cigarettes anyway.

I have finally reached the point where I haven't had to buy any vaping supplies for 2 weeks and I hope to go another 2 weeks or more before I need to make another purchase. It feels good to have finally found my sweet spot.

You'll get there and when you do, you'll know that it was all worth the effort.

BornFlemish

Aug 22, 2013
United States
Well my eGo C Twist came today! This thing is huge! But at least now I'm getting somewhere. First Kanger T3S I tried was gurgling, then I tried another and that one is fine. I guess I need to check first if all the pieces are assembled right and the rubber thingies are all secure. My juices that I ordered are coming tomorrow so now I'm kinda stuck vaping flavored water for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread