Status
Not open for further replies.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I won a bottle of shamrock here in a contest and must say it is the only chocolate vape I like. I purchased 10 other brands and had to give them away. I will have no problem buying it in a lage bottle when I am close to the bottom.....it is a yummy chocolate with just the right amount of mint. I also suggest trying samplers whenever possible tio save big...it is hard to give away a large bottle you decide you cant stand after 1 tank

Nikkimarie54

Moved On
Oct 12, 2013
Dracut, MA
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Halo is very good IMO
but def falls under the taste are subjective section
I would suggest you get the tobacco sampler to start if you like tobacco vapes
They have dif options that are very dif
I like Tribeca, Prime 15, torque and tiki juice
Also shamrock and coco is very good
there menthol's are the only liquid ive found that have an authentic menthol taste
my only problem with the menthol is not tobacco taste
the hx3 has more of a mint taste I don't like it although it was good when using prefilled carto's

Not too long after I started (3 years ago), I ordered their sampler pack (still have the tin). There were, as recall, 7 - 7ml bottles of their current line and I believe at the time was nearly every flavor. I found a few that I liked right out of the gate and a few that just didn't do it for me. Tribeca was and still is to this day high on the list of must haves FOR ME. I have since found I also like Belgian Cocoa and Midnight Apple. They now have samplers in different categories (tobacco, menthol, gourmet) which may be helpful for you to find those that you like. Again taste is subjective.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I used to only like menthols, not a fan of tobaccos. Over time, my tastes evolved and Tribeca hit the spot too. I got a chance to try Torque56 and Prime 15 today and both were very flavorful without being overpowering - tasty tobacco vapes with a hint of chocolate and sweetness respectively.

Last edited:

magicman22

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Scotts Valley, CA
Here's my take on the Halo juices I have tried (gotta love sampler packs):

Tribeca:
This is my favorite Halo juice hands down. Slightly sweet and nutty. Simply delicious. Great flavor, TH, and vapor. The whole package. Easily an ADV. By mistake I mixed this 50/50 with Boba's Bounty and WOW, what a tasty mistake! This flavor combo is just out this world (for me anyway). Excellent satisfying clouds of vapor with this combo.

Torque56: not my cup of tea. A strong straightforward authentic tobacco flavor that may mix well with something else, but not my preference given so many other options. Reminds me too much of analog cigs.

Malibu: Another favorite of mine. I didn't think I would like this, given the description, but it is really tasty. On the sweet side, you'll need to be in the mood for this. Subtle menthol really makes this shine although not an ADV for me.

SubZero: Terrific strong and unadulterated menthol flavor. I need to experiment here but I think I may enjoy this better mixing it with other things rather than vaping it standalone. Looking forward to mixing this with some tobacco flavors. Am looking forward to mixing this with JC Rainier (which is awesome by itself) to create a minty cherry flavor.

Turkish Tobacco: For a tobacco flavor, it is too sweet and floral for my tastes. Can't get into this one.

Kringle's Curse: Sweet and yummy; like vaping a candy cane. Again you need to be in the mood for this kind of thing. May mix well with other flavors.

Belgian Cocoa: Very interesting and complex. Authentic chocolate flavor which combines cocoa powder with milk chocolate. Tasty but the exhaled vapor has a strong rather funky odor.

Overall I am impressed with Halo's flavors. Not all are my cup of tea. Tribeca is by far my favorite of the lot.

Magicman

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
Halo, I think highly of them. Their juices have strong personalities which you might or might not like, but they make a statement and are unique. Belgian Cocoa is good, TriBeCa is very good, Malibu and Prime 15 are terrible. And you know what, read back on this thread and you'll find a bunch of people that love the ones I hate! That's typical, as it said, their juices have personality and add value by their distinctness, even if they aren't your cup o' tea.

GameDesigner

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2013
Austin, TX
Has anyone tried halo e-liquid? thoughts? comments?

Tribeca is a must try. It can compete with the top tier blends out there. The majority of their other tobaccos taste like powder or perfume though. Captain Jack, for instance, is easily among the most atrocious things on the market. Their vapes don't compete with the likes of Ahlusion, Plume Room, or HHV.

Nev NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Bronx, NY
Tribeca and Voodoo are great!! I vaped Torque for months and now it's kinda gross.. A sample pack is the way to go.. Problem with the sample pack is of you like the flavor you're going to want a 30ml bottle and will have to wait to order more.. Personally I wish they sold Tribeca by the gallon.. I go through 120mls a month..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
I started vaping with Halo's juices and was impressed at the start. I've since moved away from their juice line though since I need a 50/50 blend. Their ratios have to be closer to 80/20 or 70/30. If you want to try out their juices, get the Variety Sample Pack. Probably contains some of their better flavors. E-liquid Variety Pack | Halo Cigs

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Halo got me off of analogs and if it weren't for Torque, I'd probably still be smoking. Everyone's tastes are so different so it depends on what you like. Personally, Prime 15 is a nice, smooth vape w/a hint of nut, Malibu is great and the menthol is very subtle (only menthol I vape) and Voodoo..I can't get enough of it. It's so good.

But now that I've been off of analogs 3 months now, I'm sadly finding Torque too much for me anymore. I put a few drops of Fusion in it and its all good.

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
It's interesting to me just how taste is hugely subjective. When I started vaping a few weeks ago, I started with a Triton starter pack. At the same time, I picked up several Halo liquids, including the gourmet sampler. I had heard good things about TriBeCa and Café Mocha, so I also picked up 30ml of each.

Most of the samples were just okay to me (Shamrock, Belgian Cocoa, and Twisted Java), I really didn't care for Malibu at all (I thought the flavors were too weak), but I love both Kringle's Curse and Café Mocha. I also tried adding a bit of Kringle's curse to both Twisted Java and Belgian Cocoa, and for me this significantly improved both. (I wish I had picked up a bigger bottle of Kringle's!)

TriBeCa has become my ADV. I can't say enough positive things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread