The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Halo not for pg sensitive vapers

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by DantesInferno, Aug 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DantesInferno

DantesInferno Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    I've put some serious time into figuring out that i can tolerate up to a 40% pg liquid. More than 40% and within I'll a few hours I have a sore throat and have what feels like a head cold. This will last for a few days then go away. Ok so halo offered me free samples. Great. So I ask, what's the pg/vg ratio? Their response...they can't release what their pg/vg ratios are! Seems its a secret. You gotta be kidding me. Check halo off that list of vendors for me to try.

2. Miira

Miira Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2012
    Seaside, CA
    I took the free samples anyway. I expect them to arrive tomorrow. I am ok up to 30% PG, but prefer <20%. I suppose I can volunteer to be the sore throat guinea pig.

3. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I have a buddy that DIY's and he has a few of their recipes that are spot on. He could do it up with your particular vg needs. In the DIY section, that vendor doesn't have too many secrets. That's why I find it weird that they're all secretive, I mean, I have tried an exact duplicate of their stuff that was not made by someone that touts himself as a great DIYer, but it was spot-on...a whole lot cheaper too.

4. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I am telling you, those juices are at least 80% pg.

5. Miira

May 15, 2012
    Seaside, CA
    Darn it :( I guess I'll pawn them off on my friend who likes high PG.

6. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Try them and come back here and report back with what you think the ratio is. It may be 75/25, 80/20, or even 85/15 pg/vg. It is high though.

7. Miira

May 15, 2012
    Seaside, CA
    I won't be able to guess that accurately, as I only vape high VG juices. Even the stuff I got from Ahlusions (30/70)bothers me after awhile. I had such high hopes for them too.

8. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place

You may HAVE to go full monty vg?! Put those juices in the classies.

9. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    I'll give it a try. I can pretty well estimate how much pg is in it by how it affects me. But I don't care if it's the best damn juice out there I won't be buying anything from a company that won't even give up the pg/vg ratio. That's just crazy.

10. Kyi

Kyi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    I've been vaping more VG recently, but I used to opt for the PG, mostly for the flavor. Usually I find that the throat hit is too harsh on most liquids. I'm finding I like VG more than PG, as I prefer the smoother hit and really can't tell if the flavor has changed that much. That being said, I also received some samples from Halo (Malibu and Kringle's Curse) and I don't find that they irritate my throat at all. I think the Halo juices I got are pretty smooth. Then again, I got mine in 6mg.

11. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Ya I found at ahlusion juices like devil dog didn't come in enough vg for me. Also found copper creek house blend even at 40% pg has to be closer to 50% with their flavoring. But damnit at least they try to tell me what to expect.

12. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    You may not be sensitive to pg either. It's not about throat hit or flavor. Too much pg and I feel like crap. I've vaped 36mg 100%vg without a problem so it's not the nic that bothers me.

13. Miira

May 15, 2012
    Seaside, CA
    This. I thought that my PG problem might have been a "new to vaping" problem, but it's not. Even 30% PG makes my throat sore if I vape it for several hours. I can handle some, 20% or less, but 100% VG is preferable. I can always thin juices with a few drops of water in the clearo.

14. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    You should try HHV purity line then. Most 100% vg aren't exactly 100% because of the flavoring n such. The purity line are 100%. Gandalf is amazing.

15. Miira

May 15, 2012
    Seaside, CA
    Already on that. Gandalf and Dragon's Fire are among my favorite juices.

16. stratmatt

stratmatt Full Member

Apr 14, 2012
    florida
    Its unfortunate that halo refuses to release a vg line as I love the flavor and have spent at least 100 per month since march but now must go elsewhere due to pg allergy that caused pain and swelling :(

17. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    They can release a 100%vg and I still wouldnt order it just for a matter of principle. There's too many excellent vendors that will tell me exactly what I'm inhaling into my lungs. Especially considering they are one of the highest priced juices out there. I'll take my 12$ bottle of HHV any day. Trust me halo juices can't be all that great.

18. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    Actually they are that good---to me anyway. There are many juice vendors out there. If Halo doesn't float your boat, someone else will. There is no need for you to vape Halo.

19. DantesInferno

Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Funny if they're that good they sure didn't get into the top 10 of last years poll. But ya the company itself is not for me.

20. SSG

SSG Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2011
    Evans, GA
    I have been trying for over a year to DIY something similar to the Halo Cigs stuff (mainly the Tru Pure, Coolmist, and Menthol Ice) but have been hugely unsuccessful. Because I am vaping the Odysseus on the GGTS I burn through 30ml in a few days, and at $20 for 30ml, it was getting to be almost as expensive as smoking analogs. If your buddy would be willing to share his recipes it would be greatly appreciated. Having searched this forum numerous times I know that there are others out there that would love to have these recipes. :toast:

I have had a few people on ECF give me recipes that they said tasted just like Halo Cigs stuff. While I appreciate them sharing, the recipes that they gave me were absolutely horrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.