Halo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Halo!:cool: Think I can guess, but just to confirm, if you had to choose ONLY ONE,

would it be TIMBER Nutty Tobacco OR WHISPER Sweet Tobacco?? Thanks!!
Tough call, both are good.

I think Timber is more flavorful and enjoyable. I was a bit skeptical of liking a nutty tobacco but it just works for me. It's smooth but it does have a pretty prominent roasted, nutty flavors that blends nicely.

Whisper on the other hand is also good but after a few days of steeping it is proving to be quite mellow. Very much a tamer, milder Tribeca. The flavor is quite light and subdued, but it's still enjoyable if you like Tribeca but just want a less intense version of it. Almost like a "diet" or "light" version.

Timber wins but Whisper is a nice change of pace, too.

• Informative
Reactions: LaZeR

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
@Northstar6 just curious ~ could you plz clarify "few days of steeping" ~ what xctly do you do ~ leave the bottle open, or drip it into your tank, and leave it sitting, for a few days before vaping?
In this case, I just let it sit for maybe 4 hours with the cap off initially in a cool, dark area at home and then simply let it sit again for several more days.

The first time trying it, after letting it sit inside with the cap off for about 4 hours indoors, it had more of a potent taste...almost almost as vibrant as regular Tribeca. I almost was confused, as it didn't taste any milder or less intense at all.

It sat with the cap on for a few days in my house and upon next refill it was noticeably milder.

So with the first vape with Whisper it felt full flavored but after a few days it was much more mellow and more true to what I read...a lighter version of Tribeca.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
In this case, I just let it sit for maybe 4 hours with the cap off initially in a cool, dark area at home and then simply let it sit again for several more days. The first time trying it, after letting it sit inside with the cap off for about 4 hours indoors, it had more of a potent taste...almost almost as vibrant as regular Tribeca. I almost was confused, as it didn't taste any milder or less intense at all. It sat with the cap on for a few days in my house and upon next refill it was noticeably milder. So with the first vape with Whisper it felt full flavored but after a few days it was much more mellow and more true to what I read...a lighter version of Tribeca.
Wow!:eek: Are you sure that isn't causing things to later go mellow or subdued?

I always want bottles/eLiquid to stay as intact/potent as possible from the factory, always capped, and kept in the fridge. Depending on what I want to vape I take it out of the fridge, let it sit on the counter (still capped), and after dripping into mini-tanks or pods, I let it steep for at least around 15 mins +++, and occasionally shake it. Then later, bottles back in the fridge ~ esp overnight!!:cool:

Last edited:

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Where's all the die hard Halo fans??:confused: Hope this thread stays open!!:cool:
Let's keep it alive!

Is CBD ok to talk about? Halo just released a line with some of the classic flavors and new ones as well for this. Not really my thing, but I'm sure someone out there will enjoy CBD Tribeca [emoji28]

I also recently discovered the Royal Seven line of e-juice too. Same company as Halo/Evo but just rebranded juice at a more budget price. I tried the Royal Seven "Woodsy Blend" and like I suspected it's basically the same as Halo Prime 15 & Timber. Same nutty tobacco blend. I couldn't tell the difference.

As a change of pace I tried some Evo Purple Tundra as well. Upon trying it my first impression was simply...minty grape cough syrup. I was a bit disappointed. I put it back in my desk drawer and tried it again several days later. Gave it a good shake, loaded it up and this time was a bit more pleasant; more of a palatable and subtle grape flavor with a nice shot of menthol.

I still haven't found a fruit flavor that I am truly in love with (from any vendor for that matter) but neither this nor Cryptic Blast were what I'd consider great flavors. Both decent and a good change of pace but nothing I can do all day like their tobacco flavors.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Is ... ok to talk about? Halo just released a line with some of the classic flavors and new ones as well for this. Not really my thing, but I'm sure someone out there will enjoy ... Tribeca [emoji28] I also recently discovered the Royal Seven line of e-juice too. Same company as Halo/Evo but just rebranded juice at a more budget price. I tried the Royal Seven "Woodsy Blend" and like I suspected it's basically the same as Halo Prime 15 & Timber. Same nutty tobacco blend. I couldn't tell the difference.
That's amazing news!! Where did you buy it? Thanks!!

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
eliquid.com has some very good prices on selected halo flavors. I bought black diamond and timber both which I had never tried before. Like them both. I also bought 60ml of whisper which I have been vaping for a while. $5-10 off as of today on those flavors.
How's Black Diamond? I haven't tried it yet but was wondering if it was similar to any of the other Halo tobacco juices. Is it like any other of their flavors?

Timber is one of my favorites. From what I gather it's either similar or the same as Prime 15.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Is CBD ok to talk about? Halo just released a line with some of the classic flavors and new ones as well for this. Not really my thing, but I'm sure someone out there will enjoy CBD Tribeca [emoji28] ...
Ya I wanna hear more about Halo CBD. Do you have to use only particular devices in order to vape? I use Smok Nord Pod & AIO 19, and as backups have a bunch of old KR-808-D cigalikes from V2 & Halo G6. Might order some CBD!

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Actually, Black Diamond is like a milder, less sweet Whisper.
Interesting. To me Whisper tasted like a very mild Tribeca. I love Torque 56 as well.

I'm getting the impression that the Halo White series is basically just lighter versions of their classic flavors. Timber was my favorite but there's still a few I think I haven't tried yet.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Where's all the die hard Halo fans??:confused: Hope this thread stays open!!:cool:
HERE!
(well, here's one of them)

We were quite a group. However, Halo has left the ecf. And the Halons© have scattered to other threads.

A shame, as Halo was one of the largest (non big tobacco owned) companies. Their juices are superb.

Love Torque56. I recommend it to new vapers, and yet, I just bought some at the last sale. Been vaping it for over 5 years. And there's no other flavored juice that makes a coil last longer. Very clean vape.

I'm a fan of Malibu with some Belgian Cocoa added, about 3:1 or 4:1.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
HERE!
(well, here's one of them)

We were quite a group. However, Halo has left the ecf. And the Halons© have scattered to other threads.

A shame, as Halo was one of the largest (non big tobacco owned) companies. Their juices are superb.

Love Torque56. I recommend it to new vapers, and yet, I just bought some at the last sale. Been vaping it for over 5 years. And there's no other flavored juice that makes a coil last longer. Very clean vape.

I'm a fan of Malibu with some Belgian Cocoa added, about 3:1 or 4:1.

What?! I wasn't aware Halo left, how long ago was this?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
What?! I wasn't aware Halo left, how long ago was this?
Sometime this past June 2019.

There was no Halo rep for a long time, and the Halo forum was closed. :(

Activity was ebbing. The Number's Game was legendary. But I'll guess Halo felt their efforts were better spent in other social media, like the book of face.

• Informative
Reactions: Skeebo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread