Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'm getting the impression that the Halo White series is basically just lighter versions of their classic flavors.
I think it was an effort to be more competitive. Halo Blue was one of the most expensive premium juices, and might still be. I only buy during a sale.

• Agree
Reactions: LaZeR

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Wow!:eek: Are you sure that isn't causing things to later go mellow or subdued?

I always want bottles/eliquid to stay as intact/potent as possible from the factory, always capped, and kept in the fridge. Depending on what I want to vape I take it out of the fridge, let it sit on the counter (still capped), and after dripping into mini-tanks or pods, I let it steep for at least around 15 mins +++, and occasionally shake it. Then later, bottles back in the fridge ~ esp overnight!!:cool:
Hi, LaZeR.
When I'm ready for a new bottle, I'll open it, mostly to exchange the bit of air, then cap it and shake it hard. Then I'll vape it the next day. And I never refrigerate juice. (I have my nic for mixing in the freezer, but that's for long term storage). Room temp juice added to the tank. I wouldn't want cold juice to warm and possibly expand in the tank, causing the coil to possibly flood.
And I always have my juices capped, and kept fairly dark, not near any window or sunlight.
I have a few bottles from 2013 and 2014. They are still potent in flavor, although the nic has probably lessened.
And all Halo liquids are steeped at the factory.
But as we always say, if your methods work for you, then it's right for you!

:)

• Optimistic

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
... Malibu might be, it was supposed to be like a pina colada but it was heavy on the menthol leaving your mouth tingling minty, too harsh of a throat hit for me to vape ...
... I'm a fan of Malibu with some Belgian Cocoa added, about 3:1 or 4:1.
MORE reviews/thoughts on MALIBU plz!? (It's in my Shopping Cart but haven't clicked order yet).
What else do you mix in with Malibu? Thanks!! PS >>> CBD is also in my cart.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveOno

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
If you haven't tried Belgian Cocoa, you are missing out on a superb vape. It's like opening a can of hershey's cocoa. Or very close to a tootsie roll. It's not too sweet, but absolutely delicious.
However...
It requires a pristine tank and coil; if not new, then absolutely clean and no lingering flavor, as it will taint the experience. It also tends to gunk up coils right quick.
It also is a great adder. A few drops in a mint makes a york peppermint pattie. And it rocks into a tobacco.
I didn't really like Malibu straight up, but my friend @wheezal suggested the Malibu/ Belgian Cocoa mix. Amazing, sorta like an almond joy. The BC mellows out the harshness of the Malibu.
And I have never had anything close to Malibu.

Reactions: tgs3

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Hey Halo Fans, PMTA/FDA applications will cost eCig & eLiquid companies literally MILLIONS $$$$$, many will go out of business, and it's estimated around 50,000 brick & mortar shops will either close their doors, or forced to shut down their eCig & eLiquid line of business.

Here's to HOPING Halo has the moola to be able to afford this. An alternative I think is that since Halo is profitable, and has a solid core of die hard customers, a Big Tobacco company might take over Halo so we can continue purchasing our favorite eLiquids.

The chronological summary pasted here is from an user with the handle @ Rossum:

2014: The FDA published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking requiring all vape products sold in the US to get FDA approval, a process estimated to cost (at least) in the mid six figures for each and every product. This would eliminate 99% of the vapor products from the market.

2016: The FDA finalized this rule, with a deadline to file PMTA paperwork by 8/8/18.

2017: After the 2016 election, the new administration's FDA granted the industry a four year reprieve, kicking the deadline to submit PMTA paperwork out to 8/8/22.

2018: The American Association of Pediatrics (and some others) filed suit claiming the the FDA exceeded its authority with the above extension.

2019: A federal court agrees. The suit is settled with the FDA pulling the deadline forward to May of 2020.

Bottom line: After next May 11, no vapor product can legally be sold in the USA unless a PMTA has been filed for that product. Nobody knows how vigorously this will be enforced, but better to assume it will be draconian than be caught with nothing left to vape.

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Here's to HOPING Halo has the moola to be able to afford this. An alternative I think is that since Halo is profitable, and has a solid core of die hard customers, a Big Tobacco company might take over Halo so we can continue purchasing our favorite eLiquids.
Halo is one of the largest juice manufacturers. If anyone can get the submits in, it's them.

And, omg. If they were ever bought by BT, they would lose me as a customer.

I will never knowingly support anything BT.

In the last minute, someone in this country died from smoking.

In the last minute, 19 people from India, died from smoking.

Tens of Millions of people a year, dead. Thank you BT!

This is why vaping is so important. It can, does and will save millions of lives!

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Halo likely has an advantage here because they are well established and fairly well known. However, it's a difficult situation for any company; any harsh legislation will instantly kill many companies while others will likely go bankrupt trying to fight this.

As I said, Halo is in a better position than many in the industry, but that doesn't mean it's going to be an easy battle if laws change for the worst.

• Optimistic

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Halo is one of the largest juice manufacturers. If anyone can get the submits in, it's them.

And, omg. If they were ever bought by BT, they would lose me as a customer.
Ya but: 1) companies merge or get bought out A LOT, and often, ($13 Billion spent on JUUL alone, VUSE, BLU, etc), so I doubt they don't have eyes on Halo, and 2) my next favorite eLiquid brands fall FAR BELOW Halo so I'd have no choice. :eek:

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
, but that doesn't mean it's going to be an easy battle if laws change for the worst.
It's almost an impossible battle for the current laws, as they stand now.

I'd have no choice.
Yes, you have choice.
For under $100, you can set yourself up with the supplies to make your juice for the next 12 years.

(btw, the other juice company that is superb is Vermillion River.)

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
If you haven't tried Belgian Cocoa, you are missing out on a superb vape. It's like opening a can of hershey's cocoa. Or very close to a tootsie roll. It's not too sweet, but absolutely delicious.
However...
It requires a pristine tank and coil; if not new, then absolutely clean and no lingering flavor, as it will taint the experience. It also tends to gunk up coils right quick.
It also is a great adder. A few drops in a mint makes a york peppermint pattie. And it rocks into a tobacco.
I didn't really like Malibu straight up, but my friend @wheezal the defiler, devourer of souls, guy with great hair; suggested the Malibu/ Belgian Cocoa mix. Amazing, sorta like an almond joy. The BC mellows out the harshness of the Malibu.
And I have never had anything close to Malibu.

Kringle's Curse and Belgian Cocoa tho....that's the winner

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
Ya but: 1) companies merge or get bought out A LOT, and often, ($13 Billion spent on JUUL alone, VUSE, BLU, etc), so I doubt they don't have eyes on Halo, and 2) my next favorite eLiquid brands fall FAR BELOW Halo so I'd have no choice. :eek:
Yes, you have choice. For under $100, you can set yourself up with the supplies to make your juice for the next 12 years.
@DaveOno hear what you're saying, and I dont mean that literally, but what I mean is in the last six years I've tried SO MANY (possibly 100s of eLiquid brands), and (for me) nothing comes remotely close to the crispness, taste ~ and especially ~ the quality Halo exudes & affords us. Halo seems to be unique like a top secret KFC recipe.

I agree there are many pretty good eLiquid brands, and millions (including me) are happy & satisfied with them, but with Halo I can go several days just swapping eLiquids and vaping. With every other brand I feel like lighting up a cigarette.

Thanks for the Vermillion River recommendation ~ will check it out! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread