Hana Modz v3 - Full & Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it lasts like an hour but it is me. I use 30+ml of juice in an hour. on the other hand I do like a 1 hour session a day and that's it. I did not do analogs that is why. I did hookah(mainly),cigars and chew. by comparison I can get 2, 1 hour sessions out of 2600mah. it is fine. I just chain vape like a freight train. for most people I am sure it would last all day.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
You're kidding me, right? 30 ml in an hour? Why don't you just stick a straw in it? :D

it lasts like an hour but it is me. I use 30+ml of juice in an hour. on the other hand I do like a 1 hour session a day and that's it. I did not do analogs that is why. I did hookah(mainly),cigars and chew. by comparison I can get 2, 1 hour sessions out of 2600mah. it is fine. I just chain vape like a freight train. for most people I am sure it would last all day.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
well at least I vape 4-6mg. I used to smoke the hookah like four hours a day. one thing about me I tend to over do things. I use ecig mods like a hookah. I know most people use them to replace analogs. if you think about it ecigs are more akin to a hookah than cigs sort of. I am also not vaping expensive juice. I love $30 juice but not the way I use it.

back on topic: this thing does not have a real pass through. or I would just plug it in. it has to charge the battery and then the battery provides the power. so if I exhaust the battery right quick plugging it in will not keep it going. I exhaust a battery much faster than they can charge. okay, so I am a fiend lol.

besides that I love this thing. it is like the advanced vapers evic. at first I thought I could use a clearo. that was fun for a few days. then I put on the z-atty. boy oh boy I tell you this thing is the killer app. I have made it to a ripe old age with usage of tobacco but I would never even have touched the stuff if they had this 60 years ago.

now I know this will not out last a mech. who cares. there will be a better one to get in six months! this is way more fun than smartphones.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I would like a gi2 because it is cool. good luck getting one now. it also has issues. it can feasibly fire at 168 watts. on a .15 or so coil. quite frankly that is asking for trouble. it also goes to 5.5v whereas the dna30d goes to 8.3v. even though the gi2 is cool and I would not use it at more than 15 watts the hana is probably a lot better device in real usage. what upsets me is the Chinese have made a 1:1 clone of the hana. it is not a mech mod where the genuine quality shows. it is a aluminum box stuffed with electronics. the reason it upsets me is it undermines why one would spend $250. well that is all said and done now so I guess upset I can be. besides used ones are $5-600 on the bay so I think that speaks for itself. plus hana is a real company that obviously did real r&d. so this is not being made in a garage.

on that note how is one assured a a jerk did not pass off the clone as real? it is not like mech mods where it is pretty obvious. i personally would not do that for $600 ebay. i got mine from hana at vape bash so i know i am good at least.

edit: I think there is an easy way to tell if it is a real dna30 if it is seen. the Chinese has a larger battery icon. the Chinese is more of a white display, the dna30 is bluish. also I don't think the Chinese flashes the ohms if it is out of range. it just says check atomizer. I do not know if the Chinese ones say "hana modz" when the display is powered on. anyways I guess I don't really feel bad about these rip off artists. one is very high quality American craftsmanship the other is far eastern trash. I bet you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
I would like a gi2 because it is cool. good luck getting one now. it also has issues. it can feasibly fire at 168 watts. on a .15 or so coil. quite frankly that is asking for trouble. it also goes to 5.5v whereas the dna30d goes to 8.3v. even though the gi2 is cool and I would not use it at more than 15 watts the hana is probably a lot better device in real usage. what upsets me is the Chinese have made a 1:1 clone of the hana. it is not a mech mod where the genuine quality shows. it is a aluminum box stuffed with electronics. the reason it upsets me is it undermines why one would spend $250. well that is all said and done now so I guess upset I can be. besides used ones are $5-600 on the bay so I think that speaks for itself. plus hana is a real company that obviously did real r&d. so this is not being made in a garage.

on that note how is one assured a a jerk did not pass off the clone as real? it is not like mech mods where it is pretty obvious. i personally would not do that for $600 ebay. i got mine from hana at vape bash so i know i am good at least.

edit: I think there is an easy way to tell if it is a real dna30 if it is seen. the Chinese has a larger battery icon. the Chinese is more of a white display, the dna30 is bluish. also I don't think the Chinese flashes the ohms if it is out of range. it just says check atomizer. I do not know if the Chinese ones say "hana modz" when the display is powered on. anyways I guess I don't really feel bad about these rip off artists. one is very high quality American craftsmanship the other is far eastern trash. I bet you get what you pay for.

I just ordered some raptor chips to build my own mod now. Hopefully it'll work out better and be cheaper than what others are charging for them. Too bad the wont ship til the end of july :(

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
I think it's going to be really tough to figure out the authentics from the clones/counterfeits until the c/cs are released. From what I've been reading in another thread, Cloupor[sp?] has sent samples to two companies [elev8vape] and [illvapes] and asking for input. I really think it's just a stalling tactic. They also have released pictures of 5 or six people sitting around a table assembling them. I'm guessing we're looking at late May-early June before we see them. Hopefully there will be clear indicators which are phonies. The c/cs with Hana's logo are about $70, and the ones with logo are about $110.

For the life of me, I don't know enough about copyright law to understand how this is possible. Every vendor, the manufacturer, and all the purchasers have made it clear that this is counterfeiting Hana's device. I saw a film a couple of days ago -- allegedly from Cloupor -- that uses an original Hana to show how well they've counterfeited it. It's probably not worth it in the long run, but if I were Hana I'd be ...... == BIG TIME!!

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Cool! Keep us posted. And, if you end up with more than you need, or maybe even a few beta testers, you know where to come. :unsure:

What are you hoping to end up with, and how does the math work out?

I just ordered some raptor chips to build my own mod now. Hopefully it'll work out better and be cheaper than what others are charging for them. Too bad the wont ship til the end of july :(

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
so the fake with the hana logo is not even is the usa yet? I actually know about this. it is not legal for a "business entity" to sell them in the usa. that is all you need to know. china can do whatever they want. without the logo it should be fair game. the case has "no unique identifying component". however the hana logo is a "descript identifying component". on the other hand a coke bottle for instance is a trademark in and of itself because it is a "descript identifying component".

man, my juice I make burns at 4v. the juice I buy goes to like 5.7v. I guess I need to reformulate unless I want to make the nice indian stockiest wealthy. I do like to chat with him though.

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US

Hey I own 2 Hana Modz and I still have a Cana Modz clone on pre order. I'm dying to know how it preforms and will probably just give it to my dad once I check it out (as long as its not junk). Also there making a Cana Modz mini with a 18490 removable battery! I definitely want to check that out too if they are decent quality. I'm fairly positive you will be able to tell a difference between the real thing and the clone pretty easily.

PS if you want a GI2 Pre-Orders | Vaperize

brekec88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
US
I think it's going to be really tough to figure out the authentics from the clones/counterfeits until the c/cs are released. From what I've been reading in another thread, Cloupor[sp?] has sent samples to two companies [elev8vape] and [illvapes] and asking for input. I really think it's just a stalling tactic. They also have released pictures of 5 or six people sitting around a table assembling them. I'm guessing we're looking at late May-early June before we see them. Hopefully there will be clear indicators which are phonies. The c/cs with Hana's logo are about $70, and the ones with logo are about $110.

For the life of me, I don't know enough about copyright law to understand how this is possible. Every vendor, the manufacturer, and all the purchasers have made it clear that this is counterfeiting Hana's device. I saw a film a couple of days ago -- allegedly from Cloupor -- that uses an original Hana to show how well they've counterfeited it. It's probably not worth it in the long run, but if I were Hana I'd be ...... == BIG TIME!!

I've often wondered the same thing, to understand you have to understand China. They literally clone or pirate EVERYTHING there. Everything from the Iphones to Nike shoes to Levi jeans. I've heard before that there are more pirated copies of Microsoft windows in China than legit copies in the rest of the world (I don't know if thats true or not). My point is China knocks everything off and under Chinese law its not only acceptable but encouraged. If Microsoft and Apple can't get them to stop theres no way in heck Hana Modz will either.

I used to be a staunch hater of clones (and am still not a huge fan) but someone put it to me this way: It's actually good advertising for the real thing. Look at SoveoMesto. They are the most cloned piece of vape gear ever. They still sell Kayfuns as fast as they can make them. A lot of people aren't going to spend $100+ on a device they have never tried before or even seen in person. They buy a $30 tobecco clone and like it but realize build quality is not up to par and end up springing for the real thing (thats what happened to me when I started vaping).

At the end of the day, you pay for what you get. Some people recognize quality and some don't or don't care. Most people who buy exclusively clones probably never were going to spring the loot for a real one anyways.

Last edited:

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
That's my understanding. Only two companies in the U.S. have been mentioned, both have the same Chinese source, and are supposed to received their "samples" in the next couple of days. After reviewing the samples and give the okay, the clones/counterfeits are supposed to ship. We'll see if it plays out quite that way.

I can understand the "no logo" version not drawing attention, but these companies also sell a "logo" version for an additional $40. Still no trademark violation?

so the fake with the hana logo is not even is the usa yet? I actually know about this. it is not legal for a "business entity" to sell them in the usa. that is all you need to know. china can do whatever they want. without the logo it should be fair game. the case has "no unique identifying component". however the hana logo is a "descript identifying component". on the other hand a coke bottle for instance is a trademark in and of itself because it is a "descript identifying component".

man, my juice I make burns at 4v. the juice I buy goes to like 5.7v. I guess I need to reformulate unless I want to make the nice indian stockiest wealthy. I do like to chat with him though.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Right, and I'm sure there's a good reason for it. My guess is it costs too much to prove your case. I would love to see someone succeed.

it is easier to claim import of counterfeit merchandise than trademark violation. all these clones are clearly counterfeit merchandise. it seems no one is being penalized for selling them.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
yes indeed. the burden of proof lies with the manufacturer in these cases. it is pointless unless you go after all sources. that runs millions. for instance monster cable and Oakley spend millions each year weeding out counterfeits. this is exactly why they are getting away with it. in many cases the Chinese fakers have more capital than the small mod makers.

besides that cana mod sounds like something to be sold in head shops. I just hope the thing is a piece of junk thus only increasing the value of the hana. btw, this thing is super. some things are just worth owning the real. I have never seen a good fake rolex. ever.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
besides that cana mod sounds like something to be sold in head shops. I just hope the thing is a piece of junk thus only increasing the value of the hana. btw, this thing is super. some things are just worth owning the real. I have never seen a good fake rolex. ever.

I'm with you. This is, for now, my favorite mod. My v3 topped with a ceramic-wicked KFL+ is just damned awesome!

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
z-atty. flat kanthal,ceramic-.8@18w. love this.

I noticed a minor issue. sometimes it has been charging three hours on the mini v3. I press the fire button to turn it on. the battery indicator slowly climbs to the top. then I know it did not hold a charge. since it will last 15 minutes. if it has been charging, I turn it on and the battery indicator is already at the top I know it charged. it is a bummer to charge it three hours to find out it did not hold a charge.

also my atty ohms will fluctuate a lot. I build .8 it says .8. later it can be anywhere from .4 to 2.3 but ohm meter still says .8.

I don't even mind those issues. the thing is still sweet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread