Hana Modz v3 or Hana Modz mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nighlykeira

May 16, 2013
Philippines
Hello,

I plan to purchase my next mod, I'm pandering between these two devices. Are there any special difference worth knowing? Can I change the polymer battery inside the mini?

Is polymer battery better than AW 18650 in regards of battery life? Is the polymer battery better in terms of shelf life? In the Hana standard, I can change the 18650 battery when the battery is not performing very well anymore. What about the polymer battery inside the mini?

Thank you in advance!

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
If I had the choice, I'd opt for the full-size V3.

I've got a V2 mini. I'm a light-moderate vaper so I can usually get a full day of vaping from my mini. If you're handy with a soldering iron, I thing swapping the mini's battery wouldn't be a big deal. Personally, I'd get Hana Modz to replace my battery if need be.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
I just stopped in a local vape shop which just ran out of the Hana Modz... the kid behind the counter had a mini, and it was SICK... soo small and very cool. He said he runs a 1ohm coil at 15W all day and the battery almost makes it the whole day on a charge. And he vapes a LOT. So, when they get more in stock im going to be tempted to pick one up!

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I just stopped in a local vape shop which just ran out of the Hana Modz... the kid behind the counter had a mini, and it was SICK... soo small and very cool. He said he runs a 1ohm coil at 15W all day and the battery almost makes it the whole day on a charge. And he vapes a LOT. So, when they get more in stock im going to be tempted to pick one up!

Same here, recently saw the V3, can only imagine how nice the mini must be... Seems to be the best of both worlds (mech/APV) so I think the price is well worth it IMHO.

reogrand

Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Same here, recently saw the V3, can only imagine how nice the mini must be... Seems to be the best of both worlds (mech/APV) so I think the price is well worth it IMHO.

I have a light blue mini v3 coming from ssvape in PA...said they have them in stock and I pulled the trigger. With my Russian 91% on top it's going to be epic! I can't wait to fire that thing up...come on DNA 30 and get there already :D

Niles Krane

Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
I ordered the Regular From ss Vapes they said possibly 2-3 weeks... My final deciding factor between regular and mini was that the regular is not even an inch bigger and .31" longer i can have the longevity of a 18650 that was my deciding factor. They are both pass through capable and the regular will have a serial number the mini will not. User serviceable battery is a big deal to me especially for $250. I hope this will help some one make a decision with a few more facts.

wowoboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
GS
Well, I ordered 2 minis. I can definitely enjoy a day of vape with mini as I'll be prolly vaping around 15-20 watts. Also it'll definitely lighter and smaller than the regular but the feature of the dna30 is still there with 800 mah lesser without the vtc4. So, hmm see what you need and take what you need. Furthermore, it's a pass thorough mod. Oh, and btw the 1200lipo battery in the mini is user exchangeable.

Last edited:

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Sigh, if I could, I'd totally get a mini along with the regular green v3 I just preordered :(

I can understand getting two. Having one isn't as fun. The good thing with these things is, that because they are released in limited quantities, they hold their value. I've never seen a Hana last more than a day in the classifieds. It makes me much more comfortable knowing that it is my only electronic device that will be worth about the same in six months. It's a good investment. As long as you keep it in running order, I could see someone paying 200~ dollars in six months. Hell even the DNA 20 Hana's are fetching near retail and they came out a year ago. My phone won't be worth even half as much of what I paid for it a few months ago, in a year.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Has anyone tried upgrading the battery in the mini? Had a friend tell me about a 2400mah rc car batt that apparently he knows someone else put it in his v1. Is it to good to be true?

No I'm sure you could do that if your good with a sodering gun and what not. I run RC cars too and have packs that would probably fit into the mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread