The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hana Modz v3 or Hana Modz mini?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by nighlykeira, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nighlykeira

nighlykeira Full Member

May 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Hello,

I plan to purchase my next mod, I'm pandering between these two devices. Are there any special difference worth knowing? Can I change the polymer battery inside the mini?

Is polymer battery better than AW 18650 in regards of battery life? Is the polymer battery better in terms of shelf life? In the Hana standard, I can change the 18650 battery when the battery is not performing very well anymore. What about the polymer battery inside the mini?

Thank you in advance!

2. FACE MEAT

FACE MEAT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Costa Mesa, CA
    If I had the choice, I'd opt for the full-size V3.

I've got a V2 mini. I'm a light-moderate vaper so I can usually get a full day of vaping from my mini. If you're handy with a soldering iron, I thing swapping the mini's battery wouldn't be a big deal. Personally, I'd get Hana Modz to replace my battery if need be.

3. eda123

eda123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Austin
    I just stopped in a local vape shop which just ran out of the Hana Modz... the kid behind the counter had a mini, and it was SICK... soo small and very cool. He said he runs a 1ohm coil at 15W all day and the battery almost makes it the whole day on a charge. And he vapes a LOT. So, when they get more in stock im going to be tempted to pick one up!

4. HawaiiVPR

HawaiiVPR Moved On

Oct 19, 2013
    808 State
    Same here, recently saw the V3, can only imagine how nice the mini must be... Seems to be the best of both worlds (mech/APV) so I think the price is well worth it IMHO.

5. eda123

Oct 20, 2013
    Austin
    Anyone know if the hana has an adjustable 510 connection?

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

6. reogrand

reogrand Senior Member Verified Member

May 17, 2012
    Sarasota, FL
    I have a light blue mini v3 coming from ssvape in PA...said they have them in stock and I pulled the trigger. With my Russian 91% on top it's going to be epic! I can't wait to fire that thing up...come on DNA 30 and get there already :D

7. WombatNipples

WombatNipples Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Maryland
    I would love to know as well!

Not sent from an Apple product.

8. eda123

Oct 20, 2013
    Austin
    I mailed thier cust service, they said it doesnt.

9. Keynith

Keynith Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2011
    Atlanta
    Just preordered my V3 in blue! I'd say get the full v3 so you can use an 18650 battery

10. WombatNipples

WombatNipples Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Maryland
    Figures. Just ordered a DZ Nutz mod.

Not sent from an Apple product.

11. Imperialbeachboy

Imperialbeachboy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    Imperial Beach Ca.
    The top where the 510 is recessed so they said even if there is a little gap it will look flush

12. Niles Krane

Niles Krane Full Member Verified Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Des Moines, Iowa, USA
    I ordered the Regular From ss Vapes they said possibly 2-3 weeks... My final deciding factor between regular and mini was that the regular is not even an inch bigger and .31" longer i can have the longevity of a 18650 that was my deciding factor. They are both pass through capable and the regular will have a serial number the mini will not. User serviceable battery is a big deal to me especially for $250. I hope this will help some one make a decision with a few more facts.

13. wowoboi

wowoboi Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    GS
    Well, I ordered 2 minis. I can definitely enjoy a day of vape with mini as I'll be prolly vaping around 15-20 watts. Also it'll definitely lighter and smaller than the regular but the feature of the dna30 is still there with 800 mah lesser without the vtc4. So, hmm see what you need and take what you need. Furthermore, it's a pass thorough mod. Oh, and btw the 1200lipo battery in the mini is user exchangeable.

14. Simdog

Simdog Full Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Plainfield, IL, USA
    Jeez I'm thinking one of each...why not!?

15. twentysacked

twentysacked Full Member Verified Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Sigh, if I could, I'd totally get a mini along with the regular green v3 I just preordered :(

16. Keynith

Dec 13, 2011
    Atlanta
    I can understand getting two. Having one isn't as fun. The good thing with these things is, that because they are released in limited quantities, they hold their value. I've never seen a Hana last more than a day in the classifieds. It makes me much more comfortable knowing that it is my only electronic device that will be worth about the same in six months. It's a good investment. As long as you keep it in running order, I could see someone paying 200~ dollars in six months. Hell even the DNA 20 Hana's are fetching near retail and they came out a year ago. My phone won't be worth even half as much of what I paid for it a few months ago, in a year.

17. kayfunTY

kayfunTY Full Member

Feb 20, 2014
    indianapolis
    You can replace battery in the mini it has a quick disconnect would just have to find a replacement battery.

18. tragictaste

tragictaste Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2013
    Houston, Tx,
    Has anyone tried upgrading the battery in the mini? Had a friend tell me about a 2400mah rc car batt that apparently he knows someone else put it in his v1. Is it to good to be true?

19. Keynith

Dec 13, 2011
    Atlanta
    No I'm sure you could do that if your good with a sodering gun and what not. I run RC cars too and have packs that would probably fit into the mini.

20. tragictaste

tragictaste Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2013
    Houston, Tx,
    Isnt the battery plug and play in the mini? What would you need to soder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.