Hard to find flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I've been doing lots of research about specific flavors (and specific brands) I've made a list of the "special" one's I want just to find out they can be very hard to find. I can't afford to make multiple orders from different vendors (more shipping that way) and to make things worse, some flavors I can't seem to find at all. They may carry the brand but not the specific flavor (even checking multiple vendors) Does this mean the flavor is not available anymore? Which vendor has the most selection? Even BCF didn't have some of the ones I want. Before this, I was less picky... would settle on "close enough" but after working so hard to choose these, it's hard to just settle for something else. I did finally have to do that (very limited budget) and found some decent "second best" flavors. Another issue is price. I might have to choose between that one special flavor or getting 3 other flavors for the same price.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2018
NE Texas
Some aren't just hard to find, they're gone. What are you looking for?
Sometimes it’s like an epic quest! Some hard to find flavors I eventually get from Chef’s. DIY one stop and flavor shack are good ones too.

I frequently have to go to the brand’s website for their lists. Often I find a flavor to go by two names. Just as often I find the author used the wrong name! That’s very aggravating. Every so often they are just gone.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I frequently have to go to the brand’s website for their lists. Often I find a flavor to go by two names. Just as often I find the author used the wrong name! That’s very aggravating. Every so often they are just gone.
If I REALLY need a specific flavor, I've considered going to the manufacturer (like this special recipe I need a specific bacon...the ONLY bacon that is supposed to be good)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Terri, thank you so much! They have it.
BTW... might just forget the bacon thing... it was just for one recipe, maybe not worth it anyway.
Might make the pie in real life anyway... has bacon, pecans, chocolate chips, caramel, kentucky bourbon, pretzel butter crust and mocha whipped cream topping (does sound good doesn't it?) Saw it on a cooking show.

• Love
Reactions: Terri McVeety

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2018
NE Texas
Terri, thank you so much! They have it.
BTW... might just forget the bacon thing... it was just for one recipe, maybe not worth it anyway.
Might make the pie in real life anyway... has bacon, pecans, chocolate chips, caramel, kentucky bourbon, pretzel butter crust and mocha whipped cream topping (does sound good doesn't it?) Saw it on a cooking show.
Drinks and snacks in that one! Let me know how it turns out!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
The pie sounds delicious. I don’t get the tobaccos in the vape tho BUT I just follow recipes. I haven’t created my own yet.

Are you on Facebook? There are mixers there that lean outside the box. I’ve seen a pizza recipe there! I’ll bet you could get someone interested there.

Do you have some names of good DIY groups on Facebook? I'm definitely interested...

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
It has been said that DIY-ejuice.com out of Vancouver Canada has taken over the Real Flavor recipes. Can’t say if they will be the same or not. They have frequent sales which will help offset that cost of shipping, so check regularly if interested in purchasing from them. Can also use coupon “ELRecipes” for a 5% discount. Cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons.

But as for Real Flavors, have to ask yourself why they went belly up. DIY or DIE ran a community poll, and RF came in as one of the most disliked flavoring companies. Obviously this is subjective, but something to keep in mind.

I am always cautious about buying unique flavours for a specific recipe. Should that recipe not turn out to your liking, it maybe hard incorporating that unique flavour into other recipes. Made this mistake with INW Lemon Cake (big fan of lemony flavours/recipes). INW Lemon Cake is just a sour mess – nothing that I have thrown at it works or improves its flavour…even a half bottle of whisky didn’t work and whisky fixes everything! Wasn’t expensive so not a huge loss, but it was a loss none the less.

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2018
NE Texas
It has been said that DIY-ejuice.com out of Vancouver Canada has taken over the Real Flavor recipes. Can’t say if they will be the same or not. They have frequent sales which will help offset that cost of shipping, so check regularly if interested in purchasing from them. Can also use coupon “ELRecipes” for a 5% discount. Cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons.

But as for Real Flavors, have to ask yourself why they went belly up. DIY or DIE ran a community poll, and RF came in as one of the most disliked flavoring companies. Obviously this is subjective, but something to keep in mind.

I am always cautious about buying unique flavours for a specific recipe. Should that recipe not turn out to your liking, it maybe hard incorporating that unique flavour into other recipes. Made this mistake with INW Lemon Cake (big fan of lemony flavours/recipes). INW Lemon Cake is just a sour mess – nothing that I have thrown at it works or improves its flavour…even a half bottle of whisky didn’t work and whisky fixes everything! Wasn’t expensive so not a huge loss, but it was a loss none the less.
And that makes you smarter than a lot! In one year of mixing I have accumulated 600 flavors and so far only a handful of recipes I want to make again. If course I have a to. I haven’t gotten around to mixing yet.

Real Flavors like any other brand has a few must haves! The link above is in WI but affiliated with the one in Canada you are referring to.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I don't do facebook. I just looked over my "best flavors" list (ongoing project) and there is only one RF on my list (and it's Wild Cherry... supposed to be the best cherry if such a thing exists) and they also seem to have a good Strawberry (but there are many others) so maybe I won't miss RF that much anyway.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Can't seem to find OoO Bacon (supposed to be the only good bacon) Might have to give up on that pie recipe (still going to make it in real life!)

Did a search and couldn’t find it anywhere cept the One on One site. I’d send them a email, state you are interested in the flavour but can’t find it anywhere. Maybe, just maybe, they might send you a sample. Doesn’t hurt to try.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread