Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
So I've become a tad dissatisfied with some of the inherent design constraints with certain mods or attys (eg airflow on the kayfun or my RDAs) or just stuff like modifying juice channels etc. I'm also sure I'll be picking up a reo once I'm back home, so I wanna start modding my RDAs to be bottom feeding.

My question is this: I currently have a simple single speed hand drill. Looking to purchase smth like a variable speed drill or Dremel. Could any kind folk explain to me the difference / provide me with some basic knowledge?

I've noticed that the variable speed drills typically goes from 0-3000 rpm, while Dremels typically starts from 5000rpm to 20k rpm. Wondering which is gonna be more useful for my intended purposes, and what exactly is the difference? Like, what diff does the RPM make when I'm doing different stuff like drilling through a SS topcap vs shaving juice channels to make it deeper?

Heck, as long as you have any knowledge that'll prevent me from putting AFC on my fingers instead of my top caps, I wanna hear it!

If TL/DR, I'm asking for general hardware knowledge/skills + recommendation for either a drill or dremel, given the typical simple modding needs, such as deepening juice channels, bottomfeed-modding or airhole enlargement.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
Be careful with the kayfun. The magic that makes it work depends on pressure differences to feed juice and keep juice out. If you change the size of the juice channels it might break it.

And yeah, the dremel and the drill are good for different things. They both have other uses around the house too. Drilling different size holes for the drill and a bunch of sanding, cutting, polishing, etc. for the dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread