Harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Heaton

Jan 5, 2015
Johnstown, PA
Hi everyone, I made a post not to long ago about coil builds. Last time I tried I had no idea what I was doing and did some really irresponsible stuff. Long story short my rda caught fire and my mod got a little messed up. But thanks to all the people who posted in my last thread I think I have a pretty good understanding now. (well for the most part)

My question is I still can't get my hit right, well I can just not consistently. Some hits are really harsh and make me cough, others are find a nice cloud flavor and throat hit. I think I my wick is rolled right and my build is nice and tight and burns evenly. Could it be the liquid?

Here is a picture of this build

10933269_810189619027389_875275161_n.jpg

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
My question is I still can't get my hit right, well I can just not consistently. Some hits are really harsh and make me cough, others are find a nice cloud flavor and throat hit. I think I my wick is rolled right and my build is nice and tight and burns evenly. Could it be the liquid?
To the last question... doubtful.

Your dual parallel coils appear to be around 6 or 7 wraps, with a modest wire gauge in the 2.0~2.5mm ID range, so perhaps a 0.5Ω~0.7Ω (or higher) net resistance... which should be a bother for most 18XXX batteries.

Other than your wick might be too densely rolled or too tight a fit in-the-coil... which can restrict adequate capillary flow, I see no real issues. If you're taking draws too frequently, you may be not allowing enough time for wick-in-coil refilling.

That's about it, without specific build details, juice blend, and on what atty with what air flow... clueless. :closedeyes:

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
From what I can see, your wick doesn't look too tight, but like State said above, make sure your wick is not too tight inside the coil.

How do you prep your wick after your fix it into your coil? What I do now is make sure it is fluffy, and that when I tuck it into the well, that it is not tucked directly under the coil. I tuck it in towards the posts. That way the coil gets more air to it and better clouds (in my opinion). I would then drip a couple drops of juice into each coil (not the wick) and allow it a couple moments to soak into the wick inside the coil. Pulse it a couple times. Drip more juice and fire up the mod. Then repeat twice more. At that point, my cotton is almost fully saturated. Then I would then juice the whole wick and fire up and vape away.

Onelist140

Oct 26, 2014
Arizona
I'm not the best at wicking (from a consistency standpoint), but i am a perfectionist. If I gotta, I will re-wick a few times until I get the diameter right. I can say from experience that a wick that is too tight or too loose will make your life miserable. Looking at the pic, it doesn't look like it's too tight but it may be too loose. If there's any gap whatsoever, you'll get a burned hit every few pulls. Re-wick that sucker and that should end your woes. You're looking for that "snug but not too snug" feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread