has any one gotten a summery of yesterdays meeting with casaa and the fdc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
They said they would be releasing a statement before the next meeting sometime. The next CASAA meeting is Sunday. There really won't be too much to tell since they were strongly suggested by the FDA that the contents of what happened in the meeting be kept confidential. Especially after that rumor that was leaked to the press earlier in the week.

So we are still waiting on news. Are you on either of the 2 CASAA Facebook pages? Also, they may email a statement to CASAA members. If you haven't become a member of CASAA yet, it is really easy to do and doesn't cost a dime. You can choose to donate to them but they never beg for money.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
My thinking was that since it was a listening session, the only report we could possibly get anyway would be what topics was raised by CASAA, and how. Couldn't see any reason why such information should be not-NDA'd-but-not-to-be-mentioned-anyway.

Since I doubt the FDA did little more than go "mhmm? uhuuh?" due to the nature of a listening session... Asking what issues CASAA prepared to raise and how they were worded would yield the answers people are looking for?

I was just a bit baffled. I thought meetings like this was considered public information by default... and I must admit I got a thing for bad plays on words ;)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Since I doubt the FDA did little more than go "mhmm? uhuuh?" due to the nature of a listening session...

I have a sinking feeling that is exactly what they did, and that this meeting was nothing more than to make the CASAA feel like they were heard. Considering that I am sure the FDA is getting outside pressure to regulate ecigs I am doubting that this meeting did any good. I will keep hoping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread