Has anyone ever actually STUCK with Blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenu2112

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Nashville
Just curious...

It seems that, almost every hour on the hour, there is a new poster on the forum who has recently switched to e-cigs and started out with the Blu. This is how I got off the stinkies and started vaping, just as it was for hundreds of you, I'm sure. Inevitably, the new poster is met with suggestions to toss out their Blu and move up to en ego setup or the like...and this is good advice, as Blu is most definitely a crappy product that isn't worth the insane prices they charge for them.

My question is: has anyone ever actually stuck with it and made it their PV of choice, even after being exposed to other, better alternatives? I mean, it has to have happened to people who simply didn't know what else was out there, but has anyone ever heard testimonials or even tried another setup, only to decide to keep riding the Blu train?

No shame if so...whatever keeps one off the analogs, more power to them. Just wondering if this has ever happened. I did some cursory poking around on the subject, but couldn't come up with anything concrete. Anybody? Buehler? Buehler?

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I know several vapers at work who are perfectly content with cig-a-likes and pre-filled cartridges. I'll occasionally show them my latest gadget and while they ooh and ahh appropriately I can see their eyes begin to glaze over. When they start to check their watch I know the conversation is over.:laugh:

And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that...

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I like disposables for grab and go sometimes when I don't have time to get my others ready to take along. I have one blu, a finn and several Flings. They all work in a pinch and I actually like the batt life of the blu and feel of it but the flavor sucks! I actually added some of my own menthol to it since I didn't hardly taste any menthol in it, tasted like tobacco to me. bnrk

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
my wife and I started with cigalike with the intention of using as a quitting device
It worked well too (got down to 6mg) Until I got a bad case of vapor tongue and did not know anything about it
I ended up freaking out trying to find something that worked after getting some ego's it was all over for me
she still uses the cigalike's and I understand
for her she does not want to catch what I got a love for vaping
new liquids new mod's new tank and such
She does not want to like it that much

Seigun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
New Orleans, LA, USA
I don't have a blu, but I was considering getting one. Instead I went with a volt after everyone spoke so badly about battery life.

I really have no interest in getting anything bigger. I like having my tiny little setup. It's easy to carry around in a small wrist bag with charger, extra juice and cartos, extra batteries, and all. I even have a mini tank I can use.

It's not giant and bulky, it delivers, and I can still vape all I want. It also blends in while I'm in public. I have no desire to carry around a multicolored machine the size of a pipe of any significant diameter.

I've considered getting a spinner, which will of course make it about the size of an ego, but I'm still hemming and hawing on it. It's really just not my thing.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
When I'm out and about I still carry my Blu...with new 510 refillable cartos and some good juice....
I'm still in an area that gives any device other than a cig-alike....the "hairy eye ball" treatment!!!
There's just enough paranoia in me to "remain discreet" with my vaping....
Now, at home.....that's a different story!!
Blu stays in a drawer..or in my car...
Still and all.....I have to credit Blu for getting me into the vaping world...and it's done that for many!!
But it now must play second fiddle to Ego-C Twists and clearos......:)

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
I used blu for 2 weeks before I upgraded to an Ego. It wasn't horrible...because I hadn't experienced anything else. The main issue for me was the 2 hour battery life. I was a slave to a power outlet and constantly rotating batteries.

Blu's are what got me off of smoking after many years. Always will have a special place in my heart. If they had longer battery life I might still be on them. Tasted good, certainly did the trick. I keep some Blu cartos around, and have bought refills when in a pinch. If you like them, Blu's and other cig-a-likes are just fine. Whatever works for you.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I like the flavor of the Blu disposable. My corner mart recently changed ownership and the new owner didn't want to continue carrying Blu products. So he put them on a half off rack behind the counter. I bought six disposables for $4 each and still have four in my backup box.

Blu's flavor also led me to Johnson Creek, which is quickly becoming my go-to liquid manufacturer. I appreciate their consistency, quality and great flavor.

I had a 30ml bottle of Red Oak Domestic arrive on the same day as my first 30ml bottle of Boba's Bounty. I have about 10ml left of the Domestic and have barely used 10ml of the Boba's.

crawler65

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
When I fly, I carry a Blu in my carry-on. TSA confiscates anything else. I also use them for back-up when working on location.
I went through TSA 2 times last weekend with:
5 evod tanks
1 Vamo
1 K100
1 X6
1 Tatroe tank
2 bottles of juice
And 6 or 7 18650's and 18350's all in my carry on bag. They never batted an eye at any of that. They did however have a problem with an all metal ink pen I had. (They let me keep it, but suggested a plastic one next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread