Has anyone ever made...

Status
Not open for further replies.
a VV/VW plug-in wall unit just for fun?

Someone with an industrial/lab style variable power supply should try this, I think it would be interesting!

I want to try, but can't find a decent power supply with the features I would want for a good price...

Imagine having full control over volts and amps right at your finger tips with a super clean corrected power source!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Word of warning...the only thing holding that cord in that case is a tiny blob of glue...I highly recommend wiggling the top off and tying a stress relief knot in the cord or it can and will snap the little wires inside

Ask me how I know ;)
Little solder and a knot later...my unregulated straight thru 5vdc USB bypass (gotta run high resistance coils..rocking a 2.8Ω coil right now) is working like a champ!
solder_zpscac5ac47.jpg

Different base...but the same critter (I got mine for $4.98)

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
My stuff is so tacky but vapes are awesome, ashamed to show it after rolf. lol..
Nice mod

I need a workshop badly...

I used a computer power supply an old bayer asprin bottle with an ego body and 510 thru the bayer cap to make one of my units and another is out of a little bitty screw box, put both together in less than 10 minutes lol...

It can be dialed up or down by changing a resistor..

View attachment 256456 like this ?
used old computer power supply ..vv board ..v and a meter ..shoved into a plywood box .

YES!

Haha, that is what I meant...pretty cool...how does it work for you? And compared to other systems, like a vv/vw mod?

Do you have other threads on this that I maybe can read through?

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
jes I wrote it up once I while back with pictures and all .I think it was in the regular modding section .
its been working great not only for vaping but many other things like wire foam cutter also my digital ohm meter plugs into the vaping port for the supply voltage .the computer power supplys are free ..the vv board and the meters are from ebay...also circuit breakers and rca plug. very versetile project which I would not want to miss...tip of the day...many vids on u tube for hacking computer supplys .
are we having funn jet???
just found it ...called it ..power vaping brick ...started it on 7-4-12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread