Has anyone tried the new CE2 Ultimate clearomizer (revision 6) yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i hear these aren't so good with the sweet juices... have you tried anything sweet bakery or dessert style in them Zoi?

Sweet e-liquids? That's all I vape.

I'm using 2.6 - 2.8ohm on and eGo, or a Provari at 3.6-3.8volts, and they are Great.

There is NOTHING better than a Brand New 2.8-2.8ohm CE2 with Tasty Finger or Irish Cream.

Watermelon isn't bad either.

zoiD

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
I got mine today. They are just fine with sweet juices. No flavor missing. I am going to have to figure out the juice in mouth issue tho..... I didn't get this as much with the previous version. And I have not lifted the fill seal off the cup. I have the xl and after its down about 1/2 full it doesn't seem to do it as much but still get the occasional lip full.(Thtb, spit, wipe off lip and mouth piece):blink:

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One thing I would suggest that should be done to Any CE2 sytle cartomizer before first use.

That is to remove the mouth piece and the O-Ring, if you have one, and do a quick 3 second Dry Burn BEFORE you fill it for the first time. If you get any smoke, Dry Burn it again for another 3 seconds. Repeat until no smoke appears.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got mine today. They are just fine with sweet juices. No flavor missing. I am going to have to figure out the juice in mouth issue tho..... I didn't get this as much with the previous version. And I have not lifted the fill seal off the cup. I have the xl and after its down about 1/2 full it doesn't seem to do it as much but still get the occasional lip full.(Thtb, spit, wipe off lip and mouth piece):blink:

It helps to let off the power a split second sooner than you are used to.

You can get e-Liquid buildup between the cup seal and the mouth piece from unvaped vapor. Letting off on the power a tad sooner tends to clear the carto with fresh air.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Any cure for my auto batts tho? Or am I just S.O.L.!

The Long answer is:

Auto batteries are Notorious for staying on a little longer than whan you let off you hit.

This causes e-Liquid to continue to be heated.

This causes a little fog to form in the carto.

This condenses into e-Liquid again below the mouth piece.

And this is why you get a drip of e-Liquid in your mouth every now and again.

--------------

The Short answer is:

Yes. Your S.O.L.

:D

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Figured as much, LOL.

Next time you need to replace a battery, try a manual. I didn't think I would like them but after about a week I found I liked them better than an auto.

I still have a couple of auto's laying around. Don't use them much anymore but they are fun to pull out every now and again.

calico21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
next to a corn field,IL
Ya, I have a manual and looking to switch em all over. Wrote GV today and they said they'd be getting a 808 type batt in soon Smoktech I think. I just want to be able to get the majority of my stuff from 1 place. They have a kit for a good price , but I want more than 1 new batt and I might as well wait.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well I just ordered two of them from Digitalciggz but they don't mention a revision. I've been using the Map which holds 5ml but I find that by the time I get to 1/4 left the liquid is more viscose. So 3.5ml sounds good. Yes the 10.95 is pricy but the map which has refills at $5.95 never seems to have the refills. So at this point in time they are unrefillable.

I'll put a post up after I receive them.

map refills are just ce2s stripped of the tube. Buy a pack somewhere and stuff em in.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
got vapes sells a 2.4-2.6ohm XL FLüXomizer and a 2.6-2.8ohm

any ideas on which is better? i hear some juice vapes better at LV, but what about ohm?

I was just about to place my order finally. now i'm not sure again =[

help? [and this is for a k808 battery]

I have a rule with CE2's. When in doubt, go with the Higher ohms.

If the ohms are a bit too high you might not get the greatest hit but you can vape them.

But if the ohms are too Low then it is going to taste burnt.

I would suggest getting the 2.6-2.8 XL's

Hi Vapors
When deciding on ohms you need to think Watts. Watts determine heat. Like a 1.5 ohm DC will produce a bout 8.3 watts with a 3.7V batt. A 2.5 ohm coil at 3.7v will produce about 5.4 watts. To get watts take current (I) x Voltage (V)= Watts(W). To get I you can use Ohms Law I=V/R where R is Coil ohms. I use Provari PVs so I can get Coil ohms and adjust voltage to get the best watts for the juice I am using. Remember the higher the coil ohms the longer the batt will last, the lower the watts. I read vapors say they love 3ohm cartos at 5V. I get the same heat from a 1.5ohm at 3.7 volts as they do. Fact is there just are not any VV mods that will produce over 2.5 amps, the switcher type chips used in VV mods just don't produce over 2.5 Amps. You can run the voltage up with multi batt's but they will not produce over 2.5 amps which means you can't run less than 6 ohm coils. Now there are ways to do the high current 5, 10 amps but your mod will be size of a brick. There is always insane ways to fry the juice.
My sweet spot for all the juices I have tried is between 6 and 8 watts. I have never found a juice that don't taste sorched, or burnt above that. Now scorched, it not the same as burnt to me, and some vapors may like a scorched taste but not me so 6-8 watts for me.
Vape on.
CH

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Vapors
When deciding on ohms you need to think Watts. Watts determine heat. ...

Watts is a Great startting point for setting voltage on a VVPV

Watt = Volts Squared divided by Ohms.

And

Volts is the Sqaure Root of Watts times Ohms.

I think the 808 threaded(2.6-2.8) one's I got are doing good. I use a higher vg blend so I don't get alot of th at 12mg nic but flavors are good and smooth. It's just what I like.

I wouldn't go any lower than 2.6-2.8 ohms if you are using a High VG e-Liquid. At least not if you want to use them right out of the box unmodified.

2.6-2.8 is a Great CE2 ohm range for all the 3.7 volt Class PV's.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Watts is a Great startting point for setting voltage on a VVPV

Watt = Volts Squared divided by Ohms.

And

Volts is the Sqaure Root of Watts times Ohms.

I wouldn't go any lower than 2.6-2.8 ohms if you are using a High VG e-Liquid. At least not if you want to use them right out of the box unmodified.

2.6-2.8 is a Great CE2 ohm range for all the 3.7 volt Class PV's.
Good information, I will remember that. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread