The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Has anyone tried the new CE2 Ultimate clearomizer (revision 6) yet?

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by FlyingFree333, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Galthrojh

Galthrojh Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    You just have to get a good auto batt. I don't like having to press a button. I have ones that work just as good as my manuals. I'd recommend SmokelessImage's Volts (808 minis), Volcano's Volcano or Magma batteries (510 super mini and minis, make sure to ask for the new version as they might still be sending out some old stock), the Echo auto batt (808 650mAh), and KINDA the eGo 650 auto batt, I got mine from CigNot.

I agree too with getting 2.6-2.8. At 2.4-2.6 on a 3.7V it's a bit harsh for me, and if I chain vape enough, I can pull a dry spot here or there. Safer bet is getting the higher ohm and if it doesn't work for you (it will still work fine) you can just get the lower ohm later and have some fallbacks.

2. VapingTurtle

VapingTurtle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Gal, why "KINDA" on the eGo auto? How does it differ (other than 808 v. 510)?

3. Galthrojh

Jul 12, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    The switches are in different spots. If you look at almost all auto batts out (ones I have are Echo, Magma (510 style), and Volcano, and Volt 808) the airholes are in the connector post and in the LED on the bottom. Since the CigNot ones don't have an LED in the bottom, the airholes are actually just on the side (right under the cone area, where a button would be) above just before the matte coloring starts. That's pretty easy to set off by blowing into it, though the shaking and noise tests don't set it off, so no biggie.

One thing I've found though is sometimes it takes a super strong draw to activate it. Sometimes if you take a normal draw it'll just cut off because the draw isn't strong enough. Kinda odd. I have one out of two that work well most of the time, the other works well sometimes. Add me on Skype (same username as here) and I'll show you on video once I get home. Sorry bout the late reply, but internet's been finicky.

4. VapingTurtle

VapingTurtle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks. Good assessment and description. Since I am an easy, long, light toker you just saved me some $$$. Send me your bill. ;)

5. Galthrojh

Jul 12, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah. If I were to best describe it, it's the difference when you blow through an auto batt and get air coming out one end (loose switch) vs where you just get the switch turned on and not too much air out the other end (good tight switch). The air in the vape should come through the carto end, not the battery end.

6. Razz

Razz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    okay i'm not sure what version i have...
    i have one of the fluxomizers from gotvapes. it's for my 808. it's not as clear to me on the website if this is a new version. my impression is that the ce2 R6 is for the 501 connection.

more to the point... the fluxomizers leak... i am all sticky and have no idea how to carry this thing around with me. tastes great though...no burning. what if the bottom screwed on? maybe counter clockwise or something? to avoid the leaking issue.
    i do not like sticky!!!!

off to go research tank solutions???

7. calico21

calico21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Was your tube to begin with extremly clear or opaque?

The new ultimate one's are opaque, frosted looking and are much better as far as not leaking, no craked or slipping tubes. The old ones are notorious for small hair line cracks around the base for leaks.

8. Razz

Aug 4, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    it's opaque... and i cracked it a lil trying to get the rings out

take into consideration that i am TOTALLY new to flux and this is my very first try today

but to bring it to work i had to hold it upright so as not to leak out the mouth piece...and prop it up for the same reason. had to hold it the whole way cuz i dont trust it in my purse.

let me say though... the clear design is awesome...i know when exactly to fill. but there has to be a better way. and of course no burnt cartos is awesome too

once i took it apart it was much easier to remove the rings and fill. but once after filling i was adjusting and took the whole thing apart =[ freshly filled. the resulting covered in goo and loosing a ml of juice sucked.

9. calico21

calico21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's a first cracked tube issue with the new ones I've heard, and people have tried to do it! I even gave mine some good "charmin" squeezes to see. Can you fill with the syringe? Some find it a pain but I like it fine. No muss,especially with the newer blunt tip needle. I don't even try to take my cup ring out till after I've vaped it through one fill. It's much easier then, and only do it to clean them and put back in more gently. I also don't take off the tube, just soak in hot water , rinse repeat if necessary. I hear some use vinegar or Liquor as well for hard to remove flavors. Hope some of that helps.

10. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    This is the first I have heard of a New CE2 cracking also.

Did all the CE2's crack or was it just one?

11. Carlos1787

Carlos1787 Full Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I have been using the newer CE2 for a week, no cracking on the 5 that are in use (I like to change flavors throughout the day). They will leak if they are laid on it's side. My solution was to take a piece of wood, cut it to fit my cup holders in my car and I drilled some holes to fit extra carts and my battery upright!

The hit I get from these is on a par with dripping.

12. Razz

Aug 4, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    that works for in the car...but i've been unable to really travel with these guys. Been using a cart condom and that helps, but i still get sticky a lot. the flavor is amazing though...

and after a week on the same cart vaping sweet bakery type stuff i did manage to clog mine up pretty good [i let it sit a day in it's condom to prevent leaking]. i just put it down and haven't messed with cleaning yet. i got a "burnt" taste and put it down asap. with the sweet vapes i notice, if i put a cart away for a day, it's gunky when i next try it out. So i don't switch flavors much =[

i think i'm gonna try and figure out tank options...

13. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I love ce2's in a tank. I don't think anything is better. I hear people using cartomizers in a tank saying its better, but I can't imagine that being very good

14. Razz

Aug 4, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    at this point... i can see using these at home... but i will not be doing much out and about with them. i'm happier with my regular cartos on the go. I did have problems with leaking if i'm gonna be very honest. i'm sorry... i really wanted this to solve all of my problems. I'm gonna try dual coil cartos... and hopefully get a fat bat with a 510 thread & fool around with a tank a lil. but i hear the same thing....leaking is an issue.

Also i found myself "tipping" the e-cig often to get my juice to hit the atomizer.

15. wyojoe

wyojoe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2011
    Wyoming
    I think you will really like the Dual Coil cartomizers. In my opinion they give better vapor and last longer that a regular carto. Just keep them moist. I will be interesting what you think of them.

16. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I found that the DC's use alot more liquid. I understand how it uses up the liquid faster and more vapor and throat hit but It was not for me. If you think about it, its like vaping with 2 reg carts at the same time.

17. Briconte

Briconte Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    italy
    New user here.

I have been using them on my ego 900mah for now a week. Personally, I don't really like them. With sweet juice they will enhance the sweetness and not the aroma itself of the juices which almost totally disappears. So it's like vaping pure sugar which is not very nice.

The vapor is really warm, though I realize most people like that, I tend to appreciate something colder but with more flavors, in my LR Ego Tanks.

I'll post more in a few days as I may expand my practical use with the CE2 ultimate.

18. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It sounds like you would perfer a "Bottom Coil" design or a Filler Carto better if you don't like a warm hit. Which a Top Coil design does give.

19. Briconte

Briconte Full Member

Sep 11, 2011
    italy
    I agree. Would you have any suggestion ?

Do MAP Tanks also produce a vapor as warm as with the CE2 or a little bit less, which would be acceptable ?

20. wyojoe

wyojoe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2011
    Wyoming
    Agree the DC's do use more juice. But with the clear ones I can see when to add juice and they have kind of spoiled me with the good vapor it produces. What do you like??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.