Has anyone used a tank atty to drip yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
I finally have a 'stash' of tank attys, and I am wondering if anyone else has tried dripping with them? I'm 'this close' from trying it, but if anyone else has done this first, please let me know how/if it worked and was it worth the hassle, did it leak on you, etc.

I know we all bought the tank pretty much so we wouldn't HAVE to drip, but the flavor loss is killing me! I even smoked an analog last night in desperation. I'm sure I'd have to clean the crap out of the atty if it does work for dripping, but I don't mind. TIA everyone! ~Kitty

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I pulled the needleplate out of one of the bad LRs I got from TW. I dripped and stovepiped it a few times. - I don't have a drip tip to fit the t atty and I doubt anyone will ever make one... I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to cut up a tank and make a tip.

Other than not having a drip tip, it was OK.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
You can buy a delrin drip tip for them at Good Prophets for .99. Ego Type A . Stove pipe them to see if you like the results before you spring for a driptip

I dripped with two different eGoT attys sans needleplate. They aren't bad, much better flavor that with the tank in them and because of the reservoir around the atomizer, they hold 4-5 drops dripped down the sides and if you keep them horizontal and twirl the ego occasionally they go pretty long without redripping. Seem similar to a bridgeless 510 atty. Save the needleplate and wick piece after you pull it out with plyers and you can always but it back later if they invent a better tank.

The LR306s are so much better flavor and TH wise, I save them for backup now.

Last edited:

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I have not tried dripping with the tank, but I did pull it out after reading this thread and think with a larger o-ring that an 801 drip tip would fit them. MissKitty47-if you are willing to get a larger o-ring from the hardware store and pm me your addy-I'll send you an 801 driptip. The drip tips are from China-but they work-lol. MOst of them are anyways-just resold here for a small profit. Hit me up girl!

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I have not tried dripping with the tank, but I did pull it out after reading this thread and think with a larger o-ring that an 801 drip tip would fit them. MissKitty47-if you are willing to get a larger o-ring from the hardware store and pm me your addy-I'll send you an 801 driptip. The drip tips are from China-but they work-lol. MOst of them are anyways-just resold here for a small profit. Hit me up girl!

The Ego Type As fit perfectly, I have a few and used them with the tank attys. There can't be that much profit in them for .99.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
The Ego Type As fit perfectly, I have a few and used them with the tank attys. There can't be that much profit in them for .99.

No type A's here, good to know. I was just going off what I have here in my stash. When you purchase in quantity from China the prices go down a pretty good bit. When the price is 99 cents-whos to say anything-LOL.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
No type A's here, good to know. I was just going off what I have here in my stash. When you purchase in quantity from China the prices go down a pretty good bit. When the price is 99 cents-whos to say anything-LOL.

The problem with .99 is I always feel obligated to order other stuff. Have you every lost a shipment from China to customs?

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
The problem with .99 is I always feel obligated to order other stuff. Have you every lost a shipment from China to customs?

I always have to justify the cheap order and the shipping-Oh look I should go ahead and add this too-
I have ordered 5 times from China in my year+ of vaping and have yet to have any problems. I really sweated during the wait with all the confiscated shipment threads though. The orders have taken anywhere from 3 weeks up to 6 weeks to arrive, go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread