• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Has God Used you lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Have you been surprised like I was?

Have you looked back maybe a few minutes, hours, days or even weeks or months and seen that God used you in some way or protected you from harm and as you think back on it, do you realize you were in the presence of Almighty God Himself?

No need to go into details a simple yes will do though it’s your choice and you have the option to give your testimony in detail if you wish too.

Yesterday I must have heard the voice of the Lord and responded to a question about me, I didn’t think much of it at the time but looking back my response was cool, non argument, peaceable, respectful and in everyway resembled how Jesus would have responded. I don’t think I could have done a better job if I tried which I realize now that It was the Lord.

Today a light went off and I realize I was in the presence of the Lord and He was instructing someone, One on One it wasn’t me. For the Lord is surely Merciful and Loves all of us. :)

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Yes. There is nothing like praying with a friend and when it's over, you open your eyes and you are still on earth and it's a bummer. Nothing beats being in the presence of Almighty God and you want to stay with Him. Of course, we can be with Him in Praise and Worship, prayer, and reading Scripture. You're so close, yet so far. Silly, I guess, but I wish to be with Him. :closedeyes:

jensy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2014
    Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
    Yes constantly .

Funny thing is I have always owned businesses and have always felt I had these businesses not for what I sold but for a place to be for certain people to walk through my door and me be there for them when they needed me. Hope that makes sense. My mother would come and visit me and hang out with me for the day at my shop and she was always amazed how a total stranger would walk in tell me their life story and their problems and I would be there for them . She would also say that yes ,I was there for the people and not business like a sign was hanging out on my shop placed by God. She would always shake her head and giggle.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Slide228.jpg

sarvis

Apr 29, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Please don't bring Albert into this. On reading the forum rules, I don't think posts from him would qualify. ; )

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

Albert Einstein, in a letter March 24, 1954; from Albert Einstein the Human Side, Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, eds., Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 1981, p. 43.

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Knowing God's Thoughts

I want to know how God created this world. I'm not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element.

I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.

From E. Salaman, "A Talk With Einstein," The Listener 54 (1955), pp. 370-371, quoted in Jammer, p. 123.
    Short Comments on God

Einstien quote is not out of context.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Yesterday, I posted a question on how do non-Christians cope with adversity. I, in all honesty, didn't realize that there is a new posts lists on the front page of this site. I do now. It's a small print and I just never noticed it. I don't get online much as it takes more stamina than I have because of fibro. I do what I do because I have felt led to do so. I opened pandora's box, and the more I ponder on it, I'm not so sure it was an accident. I expected the Christian community to answer and maybe a few folks from the secular world who are searching for answers, but not what I was received. Why? Because I live in 'The Bible Belt,' and I have to say that I am unaccustomed to being received as I was yesterday. I gleened a great deal pertaining to the outcome. First of all, I am so thankful I live in The Bible Belt. Second, I got a glimmer of what Jesus went through.

Matthew 10:22 - And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Now I'm not going to say I was hated, but was not well received when I asked for respect for Almighty God. I can't help but wonder how folks would have posted had I been anything other than Christian. I was the topic of the day on this website in certain areas, because I checked. I did not intrude or defend myself. I left it alone. Nothing would have been gained by it. I did leave the thread up. I could have deleted the entire thing, but chose not to because I didn't want them to think I was running from it. It is a good reminder of what is coming down the road. I am not embarrassed by what I posted. Granted, I was rather knocked off my feet for awhile, but the Lord stood me back up again. They are now held accountable because I posted truth. I prayed for them this morning.

I just wanted everyone to know what happened and why there is a closed thread. Today is a new day! Outlook is sunny! :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Yesterday, I posted a question on how do non-Christians cope with adversity. I, in all honesty, didn't realize that there is a new posts lists on the front page of this site. I do now. It's a small print and I just never noticed it. I don't get online much as it takes more stamina than I have because of fibro. I do what I do because I have felt led to do so. I opened pandora's box, and the more I ponder on it, I'm not so sure it was an accident. I expected the Christian community to answer and maybe a few folks from the secular world who are searching for answers, but not what I was received. Why? Because I live in 'The Bible Belt,' and I have to say that I am unaccustomed to being received as I was yesterday. I gleened a great deal pertaining to the outcome. First of all, I am so thankful I live in The Bible Belt. Second, I got a glimmer of what Jesus went through.

Matthew 10:22 - And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Now I'm not going to say I was hated, but was not well received when I asked for respect for Almighty God. I can't help but wonder how folks would have posted had I been anything other than Christian. I was the topic of the day on this website in certain areas, because I checked. I did not intrude or defend myself. I left it alone. Nothing would have been gained by it. I did leave the thread up. I could have deleted the entire thing, but chose not to because I didn't want them to think I was running from it. It is a good reminder of what is coming down the road. I am not embarrassed by what I posted. Granted, I was rather knocked off my feet for awhile, but the Lord stood me back up again. They are now held accountable because I posted truth. I prayed for them this morning.

I just wanted everyone to know what happened and why there is a closed thread. Today is a new day! Outlook is sunny! :)

I know Cuz.... I read the thread and it saddened me.

That thread brought home the following scripture now more profoundly than ever;

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. .... But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. - Matthew 7:13-14

I realize quoting this Scripture is offensive to those who do not believe, but for me, it's even more evidence that GOD is real and that the Bible is His love-letter and road to Salvation to all that 'like little Children come unto Him"...

PS - I thought I'd add; I'm not offended that some People think I'm somehow (intellectually or otherwise), 'less than" those who don't believe in some Mythological Spirit-Being in the Sky....... that's to be expected and was also 'predicted' by Father GOD.

No matter WHAT any Person says or does nowadays, we're going to offend somebody.

The Bible instructs us to deal with offense thusly;

[h=3]Proverbs 18:19[/h]A brother offended is more unyielding than a strong city, and quarreling is like the bars of a castle.
    [h=3]Proverbs 19:11[/h]​
    Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is His glory to overlook an offense.

You did the 'right' thing Cuz'.... you closed an unyielding thread. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    No, he closed the thread because he didn't want to hear that there are people out there who do not believe and still are capable of being moral and good and kind. People who find peace in the earth or within themselves. He asked how they coped, and a few came in to answer. He didn't like their answers and shut the thread. I do not stomp on your beliefs. I respect that you believe what you want to believe, but saintscruiser stepped on those people because they did not believe as he did. Shame on him.

Carry on!:)

UntamedRose

PV Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2010
    Homeish now
    Can I just throw out there...there are PLENTY of Non- religious Non- Christians who live in the bible belt. Just b/c you have personally chosen to not interact with them, or be so lala you just have assumed they are christian and hide in a corner from anything that doesnt agree with you.
    Does not make them go POOF and blink out of existence.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
    ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    This thread is funny. You guys asked how non-Christians cope with loss. We cope with it just fine. We don't turn to imaginary gods or magical dreams of afterlives or any of that. We cope with it in more immediate, concrete terms. None of that is an affront to your faith or your worldview and our articulation of that viewpoint is exactly what you were asking for, so you were surprised and offended... why?

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    The Oil Coast, AL
    I realize quoting this Scripture is offensive to those who do not believe, but for me, it's even more evidence that GOD is real and that the Bible is His love-letter and road to Salvation to all that 'like little Children come unto Him"...

Let me provide some perspective.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. .... But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. - Matthew 7:13-14

First of all, this bit of scripture is hardly offensive. I don't share your paradigm or belief system so from the perspective of being offended or terrified, really, what do I have to be terrified of? I think that perhaps you are laboring under an assumption about non-Christians (Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.) that they would be offended by views that scripture they don't prescribe to could somehow be threatening. Anymore say than you would be by:

Every man’s fate We have fastened on his own neck: On the Day of Judgment We shall bring out for him a scroll, which he will see spread open. (It will be said to him:) “Read thine (own) record: Sufficient is thy soul this day to make out an account against thee. Surat Al-'Isrā'

However, this bit of scripture, either taken from Matthew or Surat Al-'Isrā' roughly can be taken at face value. Namely that the path to being a good person is hard and despite these depredations, the road is worth it not because of the reward, but because the road is hard and it teaches. I don't, as a non-believer need an ancient text to tell me that and I don't need a deity attached to it to be poignant. So if there is any offense to be found, its not in the scripture, its in the idea that I or others who don't share your faith would somehow miss the very obvious life lesson.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    However, this bit of scripture, either taken from Matthew or Surat Al-'Isrā' roughly can be taken at face value. Namely that the path to being a good person is hard and despite these depredations, the road is worth it not because of the reward, but because the road is hard and it teaches. I don't, as a non-believer need an ancient text to tell me that and I don't need a deity attached to it to be poignant. So if there is any offense to be found, its not in the scripture, its in the idea that I or others who don't share your faith would somehow miss the very obvious life lesson.

Infernal I always respect you and always have seen you give respect, of course I read your post though I'm a little complex you said this

"bit of scripture, either taken from Matthew or Surat Al-'Isrā'

Now I've looked in the Book of Matthew and can't find it, a little help would be appreciated possible quote which verse so I can do a small study on it, otherwise I'll assume it's not in the New Testament Book of Matthew.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. .... But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. - Matthew 7:13-14

If your talking on the above Scripture Than I can respond IMO: that it was not directed towards everyone but those seeking God; to understand it fully it has to be read in context starting around verse 7 to verse 27

The keys to understanding these Words are "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" It's not directed to everyone only those who seek or better said want to come to God.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

These words have nothing to do with being a good person or it's hard. It's about not being a good person and it's impossible to come to God with your own works, telling us those who earnestly want to come to God have to trust in a Savior that there is no other way.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread