• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Has God Used you lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Does the term non-Christians include --- Catholics ?

Being the OP, I try to answer your questions.

The term non Christian or Catholic is nothing more than a label that's available if one wants it.

Since both are to be understood in a religious context the labels are not important, it's about do we want to belong to a club or have a personal relationship with a Creator, so one must put all things into a order as not to be confused and understand the meanings and disregard the labels as labels are empty boxes with no value in them.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    "Used" by god? What a strange and invasive consept.

I'll explain how I see it, what would you be doing right now if you weren't here. Well while your here your talking about God or hearing about God and if it wasn't for me starting this thread which God told me to do, you might not be discussing God, I see this as I've been used by God so you and others can hear about Him, It's one of the gifts God gives men it's called FREE WILL and I'm seeing it being used right now by you being here.

So YES God has and is using me. THANK YOU LORD!

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Yesterday, I posted a question on how do non-Christians cope with adversity. I, in all honesty, didn't realize that there is a new posts lists on the front page of this site. I do now.

I do what I do because I have felt led to do so. I opened pandora's box, and the more I ponder on it, I'm not so sure it was an accident.

So are you saying that God has used you, Oh boy - what a new concept you tell other about it, by the way I think your right, though if so why not tell Him THANK YOU LORD and give Him PRAISE!

Last edited:

sarvis

Apr 29, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Einstien quote is not out of context.
    If you grant that the God Einstein thought about shares pretty much nothing with the personal God concept of Christianity... then sure, it applies. But, as he wrote, "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God..."

Please be sure to not repeat the lie, the poor man is dead and can't defend himself against the slander anymore. ; )

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
    ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    I'll explain how I see it, what would you be doing right now if you weren't here. Well while your here your talking about God or hearing about God and if it wasn't for me starting this thread which God told me to do, you might not be discussing God, I see this as I've been used by God so you and others can hear about Him, It's one of the gifts God gives men it's called FREE WILL and I'm seeing it being used right now by you being here.

So YES God has and is using me. THANK YOU LORD!

1) Your belief in god doesn't rob me of my free will.

2) How exactly did god tell you to open this thread? Did you hear it as a voice in your head, for example?

3) Why would an all powerful god, who is capable of creating and controlling a universe composed of billions of galaxies, stars and planets be concerned about one little animal on a remote rock on the outer edge of a run of the mill galaxy posting a thread on an obscure Internet forum that maybe a dozen other people will see?

4) Stepping outside of your own perspective for a moment, just for the sake of argument, doesn't that strike you as a little self-centered and possibly somewhat egotistical?

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
    ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    So are you saying that God has used you, Oh boy - what a new concept you tell other about it, by the way I think your right, though if so why not tell Him THANK YOU LORD and give Him PRAISE!

When I get used by other people I tend to feel dirty and violated. You imagine you've been used by god, but you're okay with that, even though it means ceeding your free will, arguably the most valuable thing you have in life? And you're HAPPY about that??

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    If you grant that the God Einstein thought about shares pretty much nothing with the personal God concept of Christianity... then sure, it applies. But, as he wrote, "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God..."

Please be sure to not repeat the lie, the poor man is dead and can't defend himself against the slander anymore. ; )

I never said he shared the God concept of Christianity that's an assumption you've made.

I've quoted a link to what Einstein said, how many links are need to prove it, it's all over the internet and in books.

I have know idea what your religious convictions are until you share them with me.

So what do you expect me to say about - your quote "I do not believe in a personal God..."

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
    ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    I never said he shared the God concept of Christianity tha'st an assumption you've made.

I've quoted a link to what Einstein said, how many links are need to prove it, it's all over the internet and in books.

I have know idea what your religious convictions are until you share them with me.

So what do you expect me to say about - your quote "I do not believe in a personal God..."

What any REASONABLE person would expect you to do is get a grasp on the CONTEXT of Einstein's statements, not just cherry-pick quotes and try to spin them into something he never meant.

NPTreeBanger

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Paltz
    Being the OP, I try to answer your questions.

The term non Christian or Catholic is nothing more than a label that's available if one wants it.

Since both are to be understood in a religious context the labels are not important, it's about do we want to belong to a club or have a personal relationship with a Creator, so one must put all things into a order as not to be confused and understand the meanings and disregard the labels as labels are empty boxes with no value in them.

So, yes then ? iyo ? :?:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    1) Your belief in god doesn't rob me of my free will.

2) How exactly did god tell you to open this thread? Did you hear it as a voice in your head, for example?

3) Why would an all powerful god, who is capable of creating and controlling a universe composed of billions of galaxies, stars and planets be concerned about one little animal on a remote rock on the outer edge of a run of the mill galaxy posting a thread on an obscure Internet forum that maybe a dozen other people will see?

4) Stepping outside of your own perspective for a moment, just for the sake of argument, doesn't that strike you as a little self-centered and possibly somewhat egotistical?

1) Of course not though where did our free will come from. Has science proven it exists and what it is.

2) How God Spoke or Speaks to me I'm not willing to right now maybe another time.

3) God didn't post a thread, I did, Though I do see God at work. Why, because He Loves us.

4) I can read it in the New Testament Scripture.

John Chapter 3

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

TheProphet

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2014
    Benbrook, TX, USA
    1) Of course not though where did our free will come from. Has science proven it exists and what it is.

2) How God Spoke or Speaks to me I'm not willing to right now maybe another time.

3) God didn't post a thread, I did, Though I do see God at work. Why, because He Loves us.

4) I can read it in the New Testament Scripture.

That quote has literally nothing to do with the question Surf asked. Especially since you're not stepping outside your own perspective, as he specified. Stop being so narrow minded.

Bones

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 3, 2009
    Austin, Texas

Perhaps better quotes that more accurately expresses what Einstein believed would be these -

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. (Albert Einstein)

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    When I get used by other people I tend to feel dirty and violated. You imagine you've been used by god, but you're okay with that, even though it means ceeding your free will, arguably the most valuable thing you have in life? And you're HAPPY about that??

I'm jumping up and down with joy that I'm thought by my God of being worthy of His Trust and He given me proof of it. I welcome His Trust how could I feel dirty or violated with a personal relationship with my God.

I use my free will to make a choice, never giving it away, I always have it and it's mine alone.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    No, he closed the thread because he didn't want to hear that there are people out there who do not believe and still are capable of being moral and good and kind. People who find peace in the earth or within themselves. He asked how they coped, and a few came in to answer. He didn't like their answers and shut the thread. I do not stomp on your beliefs. I respect that you believe what you want to believe, but saintscruiser stepped on those people because they did not believe as he did. Shame on him.

Carry on!:)

Kat, I posted to Aceswift about his/her comment because I found it disrespectful. Go back and read the thread once again. I have already explained why I closed the thread, however I could have deleted the entire thread and chose not to.

I read the comments in the Outside where everyone was laughing, making jokes, giving directions to see for themselves. That is when I closed the thread. Notice, however, that I was respectful enough not to post on it. That is your turf....this is mine. I expected the same courtesy. It's all about mutual respect. :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    What any REASONABLE person would expect you to do is get a grasp on the CONTEXT of Einstein's statements, not just cherry-pick quotes and try to spin them into something he never meant.

You should read it again and understand what he said "I want to know how God created this world." and New Testament Scripture say's

Matthew 7 verse 7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

If he was truthful and the Scripture is true than he found out how God created this world.

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Kat, I posted to Aceswift about his/her comment because I found it disrespectful. Go back and read the thread once again. I have already explained why I closed the thread, however I could have deleted the entire thread and chose not to.

I read the comments in the Outside where everyone was laughing, making jokes, giving directions to see for themselves. That is when I closed the thread. Notice, however, that I was respectful enough not to post on it. That is your turf....this is mine. I expected the same courtesy. It's all about mutual respect. :)

You are more than welcome to post in the OUTSIDE. It belongs to no one except ECF. I saw nothing disrespectful from anyone who posted in there with the exception of your OP. You asked a question, you got answers you didn't like and you closed the thread. I think if you all were a little more open minded and accepting of others beliefs or non beliefs you would gain more respect. But you say YOUR way is the only way. And there is the rub...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Has Your Higher Power God Used you lately?

I don't know if I would use those Exact Words? They seem to Imply Lack of Freewill. But, in some ways, perhaps my Higher Power has.

Because I have been Shown the Reward of Helping those Around me and How it Helps Me.

It might just be a Simple Word or Two of Encouragement to someone Having a Tough Time with Something. Or maybe it is Making a Commitment to Something Larger.

And it was something I Didn't do as much of until I Improved my Conscious Contact with my Higher Power.

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Has Your Higher Power God Used you lately?

I don't know if I would use those Exact Words? They seem to Imply Lack of Freewill. But, in some ways, perhaps my Higher Power has.

Because I have been Shown the Reward of Helping those Around me and How it Helps Me.

It might just be a Simple Word or Two of Encouragement to someone Having a Tough Time with Something. Or maybe it is Making a Commitment to Something Larger.

And it was something I Didn't do as much of until I Improved my Conscious Contact with my Higher Power.

Zoid, are you sure it wasn't just you becoming more YOU, finding the goodness inside of yourself? In other words, the Higher Power of your own thinking. I know that throughout the years, I have come to know myself better, and my life experiences have taught me to be kinder and more compassionate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread