has it got easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonhedgy

Oct 21, 2010
australia
Hi i gave up the whole E-cig thing a year ago, i found it very fiddly, liquids , carts, was using Joye 510 so wondering if it's gotten any easier yet?. I would like to see a once daily thing where i can just fill it up and it lasts all day, then recharge much like a cell phone thanks. What product would be better for me in that regards?, I also think the E-juice was strong and i got some major heart rush from it, again i think i gave up quick. thanks.

kritikal

Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Perth, Australia
It hasn't gotten much easier but it can be easier than what you last had.

You could get yourself an eGo-t battery or even an eGo Twist (variable voltage) for a few dollars more and a couple of stardust clearomisers. The stardusts are a breeze to fill, just unscrew the drip tip/mouth piece squirt your liquid in screw it back up and vape.

The Stardust is semi-disposable and should last you 4-6 weeks. They go for about $5-6 each.

You could buy yourself four or so, and if you pre-filled them all, they would carry enough to easily last you a whole day. Three of them should last you a day really.

If you bought pre-mixed liquid, you could fill up 3 or 4 of them in about 5 minutes. At the moment, it doesn't get much easier and cheaper than that. :)

It's what my girlfriend uses and I'm making up a starter kit for her Dad with this stuff. He's 63. :)

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
I agree with the above. I don't use Stardusts rather Resurrector cartos but the principle is the same. Get a couple of good eGo style batteries (KGO or Riva as they are 3.7 volt vs Joye which is 3.4 volt) and some clearomizers or large cartos and you'll be good for a whole day. I carry a little kit with me to work with 2 spare batteries, 3-4 pre-filled cartos (I change flavors during the day), and I'm set. Nothing in vaping will ever be as easy as buying a pack of smokes and burning them; however, nothing is as bad for you either...

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Hi i gave up the whole E-cig thing a year ago, i found it very fiddly, liquids , carts, was using Joye 510 so wondering if it's gotten any easier yet?. I would like to see a once daily thing where i can just fill it up and it lasts all day, then recharge much like a cell phone thanks. What product would be better for me in that regards?, I also think the E-Juice was strong and i got some major heart rush from it, again i think i gave up quick. thanks.

Sounds like you left when I did.
I got an Ego-C kit and it is easy, functional, and just works. No fiddle. You can add a passthrough batt or the variable voltage battery (Twist) if you want to just keep it simple.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I started with the old Joye 510 and the fiddly carts we tried to use all kinds of stuff in so they didnt' burn and would wick right. I can tell you it's gotten a lot easier. You can get a kgo 1100mah battery that'll last 8-10 hours on a charge. Or you can get a unit that takes 2000mah batteries and lasts two days.

The cartomizers are much better than they used to be and come in larger sizes. There are clearomizers you can fill up without leaking all over the place. You can prefill a handful of them and take them with you. There are tanks that hold 5ml, which lasts some people a day or more. Some cartomizers and clearomizers hold 2-3ml or more.

What's harder is finding the right juice. There are far more options. Depending on your budget, there may also be many more good options of what e-cig to buy.

There's still some fiddling, but even the worst performing equipment today is better and easier than what we had to deal with a few years ago. You had to have been around then to recognize just how much better it is nowadays.

I would suggest a kGo starter kit with a couple atomizers to test juice with. Then, pick up a pack of cartomizers or two and/or a couple of the larger clearomizers, like the CE4+ "Stardust" aka eGo Clearomizer. Two of the CE4s full of juice will be about 3.5ml, and enough to last a average vaper most or all of the day.

Here, IMO, is currently the best deal on a kGo kit with atomizers. You'll need the atomizers to test juices. Don't underestimate the importance of selecting the right juice. Your previous experience probably taught you that much.
KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
If you read through this section of the forum, you'll notice a lot of posts about the eGo-T and eGo-C tank systems. They invariably start with something like, "Help- my ego-t is leaking" or "how can I stop the burnt plastic taste from my ego".

The eGo-T and eGo-C are efforts to rehabilitate the old atomizer/cartridge system by changing the name to "tank system". Don't fall for it. The vast majority of people who get these "systems" end up ditching them and using a Stardust clearomizer or cartomizers. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who stayed with these systems for more than a few months. When they strip away the "tank system", they're left with a 3.4V version of the 3.7V kGo, the thing they should have bought in the first place. The eGo-C and, especially the "T" are the definition of fiddly. You won't appreciate the drama they bring to vaping.

About the Twist. The Twist makes a fine SECOND e-cig. For the battery capacity, it is huge. The 650mah version lasts 3-4 hours between charges and is the size of the 1100mah kGo. The 1000mah version is longer than any other PV I've ever seen. It looks like a Police baton.

More importantly, if you get a Twist, they don't come in pairs, so make sure you get something else to use while your Twist sits on a charger for 3 or 4 hours. You don't want to charge it overnight. Their chargers are no more reliable than the eGo chargers of 2 years ago. By the time you end up buying two Twists, you'll find you can get a better variable voltage model that's not disposable and that has a greater range of voltage, and you'll pay less money for it. You will also find that everyone who recommends a Twist already has another e-cig or two in their collection. In their enthusiasm, they always forget to mention that. They forget the cardinal rule of vaping. Never have just one battery.

Last edited:

anfleet

May 19, 2012
St. Louis
I agree with sailorman on this one. I have a twist, but my main kit is composed of two kGo batteries, which last me all day and then some on one charge (for one of them). I don't take the twist out of the house because of its size, but it is nice to have a VV unit to vape in front of the computer screen.

As for the all day setup, I recommend a kGo battery with ressurector (smoktech XL 1.7 ohm single coil) cartomizers and a tank of some sort. I use the J Tank from electronicstix.com and it has given me NO problems since I've had it. It's only about $20, and you can fill it once a day and forget about it.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
I also hated "the fiddle factor" when I started out 11 months ago, but I stuck with it and it did get easier. Now that I found my happy place with a KGO 1100 mah bat and EMDCC cartos (fill cart and charge bat once a day!) I'm the happiest ex-smoker ever! Not to sound like an ad but sweetvapes has a KGO EMDCC combo kit for about 60 bucks that I just picked up for my sister. Usually I buy my blank EMDCCs from Madvapes though. As for juice, it definately sounds like you were using too high a nic. I started out with 24mg juice but had to drop back to 18mg when I started the EMDCC. Suggest you get a bottle of PG to add to your juice in case you get too strong again. It's cheap and easy to add.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yep the weak link in vaping is most certainly the delivery/ storage systems. Life changed for me once I began using a carto/ tank system. Next will be using clearos as I've already used and liked them. Present tank is a Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop Easy and not messy to fill and takes less than 30 secs because of the side screw. Carto in my tank lasts 2 weeks. My recommendation would be the Kgo 1100 mah. Many, many friends and myself own one and it's prolly the best 3.7 volt PV out there IMO. Long batt life, great power and handles all sorts of cartos, attys, etc. Did I mention reasonably priced?
Good Luck.

Last edited:

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
Sailorman nailed it on the Twist - they are LARGE for the capacity they provide. They make a good backup battery and do provide a way to play with VV but I would not recommend them as a standalone system. Yes, I bought 2 650 Twists when they came out and they work well. The problem is the 650 Twist is the size of an 1100 KGO but it still only provides the battery life of the compact 650 mah batteries - less if you're pushing the voltage. I gave both Twists to my son and he uses them as backups for his KGO. For VV, I bought an Apollo VTube Mini as it's a much greater value...

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I managed to get rid of pretty much all fiddling by using a Lavatube with a Phiniac Pyrex tank. No fiddling, easy refilling especially if u get the "tank tool" for the phiniac. It sits on top of the carto for refilling, you can simply push the carto down, pour your juice in, push back up, and take off/reattach your drip tip. Can't get easier than that. No leaking, no cracking, tank hold about 4 ml + juice in the carto. 18650 batteries last all day at 4 v or less, most of the day at higher voltage.
Don't know if you are ready to try variable voltage but if you are, the LT is an option for less than $100. ;)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
If you want extremely low fiddle factor, are able to make an eliquid your all-day-vape (ADV), a bottom feeder 18650 box is a zero-fiddle package.

I love my VV units a lot, but have been doing some things where I simply can't be bothered to even refill a tank a couple times during a day (I vape 6 ml/day). For those cases I'm using a Red Sky Mods Mark 9, a beautiful wooden bottom feeder, with 6ml eliquid bottle inside it, an AW 18650 2600 mAh protected ICR battery (I rotate it with an AW 3100 mAh on alternate days, but the 2600 actually has better specs for the voltage/amp region I use), and a Cisco 306 1.5 ohm atomizer.

All I do is squeeze the bottle a bit if the atty is starting to run dry, press the fire button, all day -- zero other work involved. At night, refill the bottle, swap battery (I use an XTAR WP2 II charger, set to 1A max current, for these big 18650 batteries -- a very good charger, excellent reviews, less than half the price of a Pila). Plenty of warmth/vapor, and the Cisco 306 is still fine after a month of heavy use (and no maintenance -- I just leave it attached to the mod, keep vaping on it).

These big AW batteries have plenty of capacity, zero issue with the amperage required for 1.5 ohms, and I like the protection circuit to cover me if there's ever a short. No electronics -- just the battery, switch, connector, bottle, nicely packaged in the wood box.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you want to try a good tank for a cheap price, check out the Smoktech DCT dual coil for a 3.7v vape that will give you about 9 watts from the two coils combined. Provapes also has the single coil 1.5 ohm flanged cartos that work with the DCT tank.

It's about $13 including one carto. I find it a satisfying vape from a 3.4v or 3.7v battery.

This is the link to the single coil 1.5 ohm carto for that tank.
ECig Cartomizers: E-Cig 510 Cartomizer, E-Cig Cartomizer from ProVape

This is the tank. It comes with a 3 ohm carto. You might want to buy the Smoktech DCT tank where you can get the LR carto with it.
510 DCT Cartomizer Tank

Here's a link to the tank with the 1.5 ohm DC carto included
http://www.awesomevapor.com/35ml-DCT-Dual-Coil-Tube-Tank-New_p_271.html

Last edited:

bensonhedgy

Oct 21, 2010
australia
If you want to try a good tank for a cheap price, check out the Smoktech DCT dual coil for a 3.7v vape that will give you about 9 watts from the two coils combined. Provapes also has the single coil 1.5 ohm flanged cartos that work with the DCT tank.

It's about $13 including one carto. I find it a satisfying vape from a 3.4v or 3.7v battery.

This is the link to the single coil 1.5 ohm carto for that tank.
ECig Cartomizers: E-Cig 510 Cartomizer, E-Cig Cartomizer from ProVape

This is the tank. It comes with a 3 ohm carto. You might want to buy the Smoktech DCT tank where you can get the LR carto with it.
510 DCT Cartomizer Tank

Here's a link to the tank with the 1.5 ohm DC carto included
3.5ml DCT Dual Coil Tube Tank- New!

Thanks everyone i guess were kind of spoilt with the Analogues, take out puff. I really think E-Cig one day will be like that, somehow, not that i am lazy, I jus find that kind of thing when i am out a bit inconvineient, but it seems like things have come a long way, I don't mind recharging or filling as such, it was more that it has so many parts to it...Carts, this that, Be good if we can wake up, fill up, charge the night and of we go lol...cheers again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread