have a few questions if someone can help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The key ring is the smallest bat with a decient battery life (about 3 hours)
    THE SD KEY RING E-CIG BY TROG
    However Jason said they are about two weeks out before they will be back in stock.
    The e-power is not a bad choice at all, just remember that you also need to buy the batteries and charger. Just make sure it has the blue switch, the white switch has problems.
    I would ask before I bought one, there are still a lot of e-powers out there with the white (bad) switch.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
    The key ring is the smallest bat with a decient battery life (about 3 hours)
    THE SD KEY RING E-CIG BY TROG
    However Jason said they are about two weeks out before they will be back in stock.
    The e-power is not a bad choice at all, just remember that you also need to buy the batteries and charger. Just make sure it has the blue switch, the white switch has problems.
    I would ask before I bought one, there are still a lot of e-powers out there with the white (bad) switch.

Shes being given an 18650 E-Power, so the issues with the white switch dont matter bc their for the 14650 model.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
    Unfortunately, the older 18650 E-Power had a lot of problems, and most vendors stopped selling them bc of it. I hope it works well for you though.

The problem is, very few vendors sell spare parts for the older 18650 anymore, if any at all. You can def get the batteries amd a charger, but if the switch fails at some point, I dont knwo where you could get another one.

For the batteries, quite a few vendors sell protected 18650 batteries. If you want to get some for cheap, Hoosier Ecig Supply sells the 18650 batteries that were actually for the 18650 E-power. Hoosier stopped selling the 18650 unit and spare parts bc of all the problems it had, but they do have some extra 18650 left over batteries for sale, and they have them discounted.
    Here they are: Smok Tech 18650 protected battery 2200mAh
    For only $5.99, they are a really good deal, and they are the batteries that came with the 18650 kit so they will work well. And they are 2200mah so they will last over twice as long as the 14650 batteries, meaning you could prob even get over 2 days on one battery.
    Also the charger I mentioned before from Hoosier for $5.99, will also charge the 18650 batteries, so you could still get that charger if youd like.

I hope the 18650 works out for you and hopefully it doesnt give you problems.

Goodluck!

tattoodmommy

ECF Veteran
    Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan
    Unfortunately, the older 18650 E-Power had a lot of problems, and most vendors stopped selling them bc of it. I hope it works well for you though.

The problem is, very few vendors sell spare parts for the older 18650 anymore, if any at all. You can def get the batteries amd a charger, but if the switch fails at some point, I dont knwo where you could get another one.

For the batteries, quite a few vendors sell protected 18650 batteries. If you want to get some for cheap, Hoosier Ecig Supply sells the 18650 batteries that were actually for the 18650 E-power. Hoosier stopped selling the 18650 unit and spare parts bc of all the problems it had, but they do have some extra 18650 left over batteries for sale, and they have them discounted.
    Here they are: Smok Tech 18650 protected battery 2200mAh
    For only $5.99, they are a really good deal, and they are the batteries that came with the 18650 kit so they will work well. And they are 2200mah so they will last over twice as long as the 14650 batteries, meaning you could prob even get over 2 days on one battery.
    Also the charger I mentioned before from Hoosier for $5.99, will also charge the 18650 batteries, so you could still get that charger if youd like.

I hope the 18650 works out for you and hopefully it doesnt give you problems.

Goodluck!

thanks a lot, yeah I looked it up, said the batteries have to be 2200 mAh or higher, so those will be perfect with it...I will try to look around for a spare switch, i'll try and stock up on those batteries when i get the unit, hopefully they will have some still in stock.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
    If you look around you can prob find some vendor that has some leftover 18650 parts.

Off the top of my head, the only vendor I know that sells the 18650 E-power, is Sweet-Vapes.com, which is the vendor I mentioned earlier. They sell the 18650, but its not the 18650 your getting. Swee-vapes sells the newer 18650 E-Power, which replaced the problematic older 18650. They do sell spare 18650 switches, but I have no idea if the newer 18650 switches can be used on the older 18650 E-powers. I would def call or email them and ask.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA

Ha nicceeee!!! Before you buy one of those though, I would def call sweet-vapes first and see if the newer switch would work with the older 18650. Bc youd def be better off getting one of those. The older 18650 switch is what caused so many problems and is what made most vendors stop selling the 18650. The newer 18650 switch has a much bigger button and is supposedly fixed all the problems the older 18650 switches had.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
    Heres the link to the sweet-vapes spare switches: E-Power Switch | Sweet-Vapes E-Liquid

I also noticed that in the second picture of the website you posted that has 18650 stuff, that switch in the picture is the bigger button newer one. The first picture, if you look at the E-Power, its of the older switch with the smaller button.
    So maybe the newer switch will fit on the older 18650 E-power. Hopefully it does!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2011
    PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
    sorry, I forgot I clicked on the actual unit and not just the spare switches.

Heres their full kit from the website you posted: Smoktech 2200mAh EPower | E-Power 18650 2200mAh | 2200 MAH E Power Kit

If you look at the second picture of the unit by itself, it has the bigger button switch, which is the newer one. So thats what made me think that maybe it will work on the older 18650 E-power

tattoodmommy

ECF Veteran
    Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan
    If you look around you can prob find some vendor that has some leftover 18650 parts.

Off the top of my head, the only vendor I know that sells the 18650 E-power, is Sweet-Vapes.com, which is the vendor I mentioned earlier. They sell the 18650, but its not the 18650 your getting. Swee-vapes sells the newer 18650 E-Power, which replaced the problematic older 18650. They do sell spare 18650 switches, but I have no idea if the newer 18650 switches can be used on the older 18650 E-powers. I would def call or email them and ask.

Yeah that's def. something I need to find out. I really hope the newer model fits. it's the same size I would think. I don't know though.

tattoodmommy

ECF Veteran
    Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan
    Heres the link to the sweet-vapes spare switches: E-Power Switch | Sweet-Vapes E-Liquid

I also noticed that in the second picture of the website you posted that has 18650 stuff, that switch in the picture is the bigger button newer one. The first picture, if you look at the E-Power, its of the older switch with the smaller button.
    So maybe the newer switch will fit on the older 18650 E-power. Hopefully it does!

I just sent Sweet-Vapes an e-mail, waiting on them to get back with me.

tattoodmommy

ECF Veteran
    Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan
    i started with the blu went from there to a ego.that was before all the ego t/c. then i got a silver bullet.
    i would recommend a 900 mah + ego and some low resistance attys/cartos...i prefer cartos

I'm getting ready to get an E-power given to me, I'm going to try this out and see how I like it, If I like it, I'm going to get the newer e-power model, if not, ego will be my choice. I was thinking about getting just the standard ego and use low res. carto's on it. Ego makes some carto's that have a built in mouth piece on them that I like a lot. a little harder to refill, but something I could get used to, don't know if they make them in low res. or not. But this e-power will be a good start until I can save up the $ to get a starter kit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread