Have I ruined cartos by the score???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Ohh, jeez, I've been reading about how the cartos have to stay damp -- I have dried my cartos after boiling completely I believe and now I am wondering if that has completely ruined them. I was doing the double boil routine to clean out the juice after a couple fills and then drying at low temps in the oven -- I had read some and seen some of these ideas posted on the forum (videos, too) but now I've read that I may have not understood. God I wish I had made Shoeless Joe's, I have a lot of questions....

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You want to DRY them completely after you Clean them. This keeps mold from geting into the filler material.

You want to keep them WET with e-Juice while your are using one to vape with.

I'm sure you didn't ruin them.

Just so you know. Many people never wash out cartos anyway. They just keep refilling them until they die.

VaporLung

Jun 3, 2010
P-Town VA
I wouldnt sweat it too much. I routinely boil my cartos (twice) as well and usually never have an issue with them. And like stated before, I have gotten to the point that If I put a flavor in that I dont like I just flood it with some cinnabomb and that usually takes care of it :p

I tend to only clean my cartos now when they get all gummy and hard to hit.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
You want to DRY them completely after you Clean them. This keeps mold from geting into the filler material.

You want to keep them WET with e-Juice while your are using one to vape with.

I'm sure you didn't ruin them.

Just so you know. Many people never wash out cartos anyway. They just keep refilling them until they die.

I thought originally you could switch flavors after cleaning but now I know it just seems that the old taste never completely disappears (I've seen where some have said peroxide-ing helps but I hate that smell) so staying in the same family of flavors is a good way to go. Sometimes I can be a cheap ....... and I suppose I was trying to make them last forever and I was worried I had actually gone the other way. I had been premaking a lot but the flavor was drying before I got to them.

Man, dripping is messy, maybe its me but I'm sticking with cartos..

Thanks Kat, mutt, and zoid.........:)

I thought originally you could switch flavors after cleaning but now I know it just seems that the old taste never completely disappears (I've seen where some have said peroxide-ing helps but I hate that smell) so staying in the same family of flavors is a good way to go. Sometimes I can be a cheap ....... and I suppose I was trying to make them last forever and I was worried I had actually gone the other way. I had been premaking a lot but the flavor was drying before I got to them.

Man, dripping is messy, maybe its me but I'm sticking with cartos..

Thanks Kat, mutt, and zoid.........:)
once your are done and dont feel like cleaning them, remove the filler and make a carto dripper...get even more life from your cartos:D

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I thought originally you could switch flavors after cleaning but now I know it just seems that the old taste never completely disappears (I've seen where some have said peroxide-ing helps but I hate that smell) so staying in the same family of flavors is a good way to go.

You can clean them if you want to switch flavors. I think that cartos are cheap enough that I just buy another 10. But yes, you can clean them for that.

But I'm not a big fan of boiling. Seems like for smome flavors, boiling a carto locks in the taste, or sometime, even make the carto taste worse.

It's kinda like the difference of the taste of tea made from boiling water verses the taste of "Sun Tea" made from cold water. To me, using cold water does the same amount of cleaning but with less chance of locking in a taste.

If I'm moving around in the same family of tatses, sometimes I just "phase out a carto. I might have a Pineapple Carto and want to use it for Cheery. I just keep adding Cheery to the Carto every time the carto needs a top off. In 3 or 4 top offs, all you tatse is Cheery. Works going from a light flavor to a stronger flavor.

One thing I have learned is never try something new to all your stuff No Matter How Many People Say It will Work.

So go ahead and try cleaning with 2% Hydrogen Peroxide. Just try it on ONE carto and not your entire supply.

Don't Stress, I'm sure you cartos are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread