The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Have yet to vape and waiting for my e-roll.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Sue's Your Daddy, Oct 7, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sue's Your Daddy

Sue's Your Daddy Full Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    Do people actually quit using "analogues" by vaping? I remain very hopeful. (With a pit in my stomach)

2. TGCR

TGCR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2012
    Boston
    yes people really quit and experiences vary ... i quit by accident lol ... i just got them to vape on the beach lol

but my son still smokes ... i am just thankful for every time he chooses to vape instead of lighting up

i hope you have a positive experience ... just remember every time you vape you have chosen not to smoke and that is awesome and a cigarette not smoked

3. Ramjet

Ramjet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 12, 2013
    USA
    image.jpg

Hmmm, this has worked for me four months now. 38 years, first time I stopped. So ya, it'll work. You should get the other thingy in the picture to take some of the stress off your mini.
    Congratulations:)

4. Sue's Your Daddy

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    I've read a few "quit by accident" stories and that makes me so happy. Can't wait for this thing to show up. Are you still vaping? (Also, all of this terminology is so very new to me.)

5. Wmmeese

Wmmeese Dedicated Lurker Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    St Louis
    Welcome to ECF. I made the switch at the beginning of January this year along with my Daughter. We have been cigarette free since then. The eRoll will get you started, but might not produce enough vapor to satisfy what you experienced with cigarettes. There are almost unlimited choice of Personal Vaporizers (APV) available. Also a large variety of e-juice, atomizers and tanks! Hope you have as much fun and success as we have had. People on this site are unfailingly available to answer your questions as they arise.

6. Sue's Your Daddy

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    Thanks Ramjet. However I can't really see what you are suggesting, without getting the boot.

7. love coffee

love coffee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes, I did! I smoked for 35+ years. Quit last year using patch, but stress had me cheating after 8 months. Once I got some good juice and an eGo twist, I haven't looked back. I recently got my first mod, so I'm using that more than the Ego, but I have been shocked at how easy it has been to bid the stinkies buh-bye!

8. Rob-Manc-UK

Rob-Manc-UK Full Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Manchester, England
    I started vaping cos my ex hated the smell, bought a kit and vaped at hers over the weekend and never started analogues again, that was in Jan this year and im still off them. Smoked for 16 years, when i quit i was on 30 a day, so yes it is possible. Just take it at your own pace, smoke if you need to, and then vape more and more. Think this would have been easier than my cold turkey way lol the e-roll is great, i use mine for stealth vaping at work :)

9. Sue's Your Daddy

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    That's fantastic, Wmmeese! I didn't know what kind of juice to order so I went with a tobacco flavour to start as I though it would best mimic an analogue. Thoughts on that? I can't imagine feeling satiated with a grape vape.

10. Sue's Your Daddy

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    So encouraging. Pit in stomach is diminishing, slightly.

11. Ramjet

Supporting member
    Aug 12, 2013
    USA
  12. Sue's Your Daddy

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    Haha, Rob. I am already plotting out my stealth vapes. This is all so encouraging. Pit in stomach has returned.

13. Ramjet

Supporting member
    Aug 12, 2013
    USA
  14. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Hi Sue's Your Daddy and welcome to ECF. Yep 44 yrs smoking and now smoke free. Lottsa success stories here- some quit the day they began vaping and others down the road. Important that you enjoy a stress free journey.
    Best of Luck.

15. Sue's Your Daddy

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    Thanks so much for trying, Ramjet. Still got the boot. It's probably me. I'm new in town.

16. dice57

dice57 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    Just looked at the e-roll. Should get you started and well on your way to what is possible. Looks like a cigalike device with a 90mha battery. You might find yourself wanting more than this can produce.

Many started with something similar, for some this is enough. But if you find yourself wanting, just do some research here, see what's available. I've been vaping for 5 months, was a smoker for 27 years. Yeah, can be done fairly easily.

Welcome and good luck. Vappy trails to you!

17. Ramjet

Supporting member
    Aug 12, 2013
    USA
    Too funny...the boot,-)

18. LordAragos

LordAragos Full Member

i still smoke sometimes but not often

19. Sue's Your Daddy

Oct 7, 2013
    Nova Scotia
    Thanks so very much, Vapoor eyes er. That is amazing that you are smoke-free after so long. How long smoke-free? I am fearful of how stoked this is making me. I am so glad I posted.

20. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    You're very welcome and thank you. Smoke free two yrs last Sept. After 5 posts wait 1 hour for the ECF servers to reset and request a Cdn Vendors List:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/293380-canadian-juice-w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html
    What is even more amazing about vaping are the flavors. We know you can do it and we're all here to support and celebrate one another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.