Have you ever calcualted how much you spend each day, week, or month on vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of us have!

I spend $0.54 per day on everything, including liquid, tanks, wire, wick, batteries, and so on.

That's actually a maximum. Every time a battery goes over the minimum lifespan, that's really lower. Etc.

I did find that DIY really cut my costs, and rebuilding my own heads took care of a lot of the rest of it. The largest remaining cost per day is batteries, followed closely by liquid at $0.22.

Although I'm not exactly whining about $16 a month. I used to spend that a day when I smoked.

GreenHead

Mar 30, 2014
Cali
I'm new to vaping so I have spent a lot more money on vaping gear and juice than I ever would have smoking but I only smoked 10-15 cigarettes a day for the last 10 years. I am still finding out what I like and don't like regarding vaping equipment and especially juices, so I have probably spent $5-600 in the 2 months I have been vaping. I keep bringing my sister, who has been vaping for 2 years, all the juices I don't like. At first she was grateful, now she's like "damn, what am I going to do with all these bottles? Is there anything you do like?"

I'm new to vaping so I have spent a lot more money on vaping gear and juice than I ever would have smoking but I only smoked 10-15 cigarettes a day for the last 10 years. I am still finding out what I like and don't like regarding vaping equipment and especially juices, so I have probably spent $5-600 in the 2 months I have been smoking. I keep bringing my sister, who has been vaping for 2 years, all the juices I don't like. At first she was grateful, now she's like "damn, what am I going to do with all these bottles? Is there anything you do like?"

It gets better. Eventually you'll either stabilize on something you like, or acknowledge that you're a shiny and/or liquid junkie and just accept that fact. Either way, you stop worrying about it.

zmbgzus

May 12, 2014
USA
I'm new to vaping so I have spent a lot more money on vaping gear and juice than I ever would have smoking but I only smoked 10-15 cigarettes a day for the last 10 years. I am still finding out what I like and don't like regarding vaping equipment and especially juices, so I have probably spent $5-600 in the 2 months I have been vaping. I keep bringing my sister, who has been vaping for 2 years, all the juices I don't like. At first she was grateful, now she's like "damn, what am I going to do with all these bottles? Is there anything you do like?"

My wife and I both accepted that vaping, and collecting supplies is a hobby that I thoroughly enjoy. I can't place a figure on the value of the scientific, heath related, biological, etc, information that I've learned since I started vaping. Increasing my heath, again, priceless. I've just accepted that I have a high end hobby.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
When I smoked I was spending $300 a month. As I've gained experience vaping and switched to DIY and building my own coils, the last couple years I'm spending tops, about $30 a month for juice, wick and wire for
3-5 mL per day.

I've been using the same Vivi-Novas for about the last year and a half, biggest expense lately was picking up a Evod and an iClear30 on sale to try...meh. I've built up enough in my stash, I could vape for a couple years with almost no purchases except a couple bottles of flavoring or a piece of wick.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
I keep a record because I'm a big nerd, and also to help motivate me staying off the cigarettes to see how much money I'm saving. I've only been vaping for 7 weeks now, and for the first 3 weeks I actually spent more than I would have on cigarettes. But it's gradually coming down now that I have plenty of supplies.

I've been vaping for 197 days. I am also a geek that tracks everything. I started DIYing 2 months after I started vaping. Prior to vaping, I was rolling my own cigarettes and spending approx $80/month smoking. In 6.7 months, I have spent a total of $690.28 on vaping for a cost of $102.52/mo.

It may seem as though smoking was cheaper than vaping for me, but that would not be accurate. I have about 600 ml of nic, and enough PG/VG and flavorings to make a 2 year supply of liquid on hand. I have not bought any vendor juices since January 25th. I haven't spent a nickle out of pocket in over 2 months. In a few months, I'll be past the break even point and still have plenty of supplies. It will end up being much less expensive than smoking.

USRN2016

Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Laveen - Phoenix Arizona USA
My costs (right now) are higher per month than smoking... But this is because I just got into DIY ejuice, RDA/RBA and auto drippers. So, lets say I'm all set up and am just re supplying to just vape my juice and maint on my devices, I'd be less than $1.00 per day. So, yeah for me (esp DIY ejuice) its far less expensive than smoking.

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States
As of right now it's not saving me any money. I've spent well over $400 on hardware and juices. Now that I've found juices I can vape any day without getting tired of them, costs have leveled out and I have a nice little stockpile of juice. Since I'm vaping 2-3 mls a day right now, I could not buy any juice for 3-4 months before I'd be out. I figure I'll order about $20-$50 in juice per month going forward which will be a large savings from analogs, where I was spending between $120-$180 a month.

Metaljedi

May 22, 2014
Kuna, ID
I spent a lot more than I should have when I first started.

I got my wife into vaping the same time that i started so I was buying for 2. I started by buying several riva style batteries and clearomizers. not long after i bought a black lambo vv mod and graduated to vivi nova tanks.

Ended up getting kinda bored and thought more hardware was the answer. i used to frequent many of the local vape shops and ended up buying 3 vision spinners and aspire tanks. bought 2 more vv/vw mods that produced the same boring effect as my first mod.

Then i discovered mechanicals and dripping atomizers. bought an authentic pisces-t and a steamboy clone. started building coils. my world changed. It wasn't the mods I was getting bored with. It was the clearomizers. Drippers gave me exactly what I was searching for. I received a 2 month supply of awesome tasty juice from Nicoticket yesterday. Now I just need to buy a dna 30 device or a Duke or something and I'll be set.

Total $ spent in the last year including hardware and juices ~ $1500

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I just figured out that I vape about 4.29 ml per day at 88 cents per ml, so including shipping costs, it costs me about $3.55 in liquid per day. I spend about 9 dollars a month on atomizers, so I figure I'm spending about $115.50 altogether each month on vaping. Just curious about what other people are up to.

About 6ml per day at 8 cents per ml for about 50 cents a day or $15 per month. Stocking up a bit on coils, spare tanks, some extra batteries so about $30 to $40 a month. Planning on stocking about two years worth of nicotine next month so $80 plus bottles and odds and ends I haven't bothered to add up yet. So if I load up on flavors in July, I'll wrap up buying this year about August?

I wasn't a heavy smoker to begin with but I smoked american spirits which where I live were about $6.50 a pack and probably smoked anywhere between 3-4 packs a week. So I spent roughly about $100 a month on smokes. I'm a little over a month of vaping and between the hardware and juice, I've spent about $150 in that first month on vaping supplies with the biggest expense being hardware. I have probably a little over 100 ml in juice with about another 70 ml on the way. I work 10 hour shifts and between the drive in the am, lunch and stealth vaping at work I consume an entire t3s tank..about 2.4 ml of juice and probably another 1-2 ml's when I get home. Right now I am buying my juice from exoticvapors. With their prices its about .30 an ml and recently they have had a 20% off coupon which basically pays for shipping. So now that the hardware portion is out of the way, I will probably spend about $40 a month on vaping.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I spend $0.54 per day on everything, including liquid, tanks, wire, wick, batteries, and so on.....Although I'm not exactly whining about $16 a month. I used to spend that a day when I smoked.

As I've gained experience vaping and switched to DIY and building my own coils, the last couple years I'm spending tops, about $30 a month for juice, wick and wire for 3-5 mL per day...... I could vape for a couple years with almost no purchases except a couple bottles of flavoring or a piece of wick.

Prior to vaping, I was rolling my own cigarettes and spending approx $80/month smoking.... I haven't spent a nickle out of pocket in over 2 months. In a few months, I'll be past the break even point and still have plenty of supplies. It will end up being much less expensive than smoking.

My costs (right now) are higher per month than smoking... But this is because I just got into DIY ejuice, RDA/RBA and auto drippers. So, lets say I'm all set up and am just re supplying to just vape my juice and maint on my devices, I'd be less than $1.00 per day. So, yeah for me (esp DIY ejuice) its far less expensive than smoking.

About 6ml per day at 8 cents per ml for about 50 cents a day or $15 per month...I'll wrap up buying this year about August?

I am working on "How low can I go." I used rollies, and am on a limited income, so this is important. I am getting to a point where I am running out of some of my favorite flavors, and getting bored with some of them. I just discovered the Inawera thread-- but-- it is so easy to rationalize, they quote very small quantities for mixing, and the bottles contain more than 3ml. So it will be less expensive in the long run, even though per bottle is a lot more. Right? :p I am also hoping that I will have all I need for the rest of the year by August.

With DIY and recoiling, less than a dollar a day is doable. It helps that most of my toppers use the same rebuildable heads.

How much less than a dollar a day? That is the question. :confused:

My accounting skills are more basic than developing amortization schedules, and that data isn't available, so don't ask me about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread