Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Mine has been good, although sometimes I hear a high pitched "whine" when firing.
I use the og pulse bf bottle in mine and it's been fine.
20180618_213737.jpg

Reactions: Figs

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Lol just meant the original pulse bf bottle, haven't tried the one from the 80w.
Thanks for the clarification.

Is the original Pulse bottle any easier to fill without an external fill bottle? I find that it’s not that easy to catch the threads on the silicone Aurora original bottle. I always have to fiddle with it some. Not terrible, but not easy.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Thanks for the clarification.

Is the original Pulse bottle any easier to fill without an external fill bottle? I find that it’s not that easy to catch the threads on the silicone Aurora original bottle. I always have to fiddle with it some. Not terrible, but not easy.
Imho yes, but honestly I have been using refill bottles for a long time. So it's hard for comparison other than cleaning etc...

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The black one I pre-ordered from FT finally arrived yesterday. Keep in mind it shipped the same day as others here who have had them a while. Anyways, I should know better than to expect reasonable delivery from China. I honestly think I'm done ordering from FT though unless it's parts or something I can't find elsewhere.

In all honesty, I only paid a few dollars more from a US vendor and didn't have to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive.The frustrating part was the tracking hadn't updated that USPS ever even received it, then weeks later, it shows as inbound to customs. Not sure if it was China Post or USPS fault for that, but it's at least nice to know something left China. Anyways, off my FT rant. There's enough of those threads. :)

I still need to give this a fair shot. It's honestly not gotten much attention on my end. I've been using the Cut when I want something different than the Pulse 80w. I just can't seem to put the Pulse down, especially when leaving the house.

I don't like the bottles that came with it. Wish I had waited to try it before ordering a 5 pack of the replacement 'Magic' box bottles for it. The Magic appears to be the same bottle with a shorter tube. I put a Coil Master bottle in mine the first day. Yeah, only a 5ml bottle, but I like the CM bottles and it's much easier to fill than the Magic/Aurora bottle. I have a hard time catching the threads when screwing on the caps for the Magic and end up making a mess. I haven't tried a Pulse or Pulse 80w bottle in it yet.

My main complaint with the mod is the fire button is too soft or a press and it fires too easily for my tastes. Some may like this though. Just not comfortable pocket carrying it.

I'll have to give it a few solid days use, at least at the house and see what I think of it. I do like the screen on it. I haven't noticed the 'whine' from the mod/chip that some folks are mentioning, but I haven't had it over 30w either so maybe that's why. The button is nice in my opinion. Great placement and easy to find (actually hard to miss, lol), I just wish it required a bit more pressure. It feels a little big in the hand after using the Pulse 80w so much, but I get used to it quickly and it is rather light, even with a 21700 in it, compared to the Cut.

Glad to hear you folks are enjoying yours. I'm sure I will as well once I give it a fair shot.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have been testing the settings for the past week on mine. Two of the same efest 21700 batteries.
Set the screen time off to never and turn mod off to never. I was only getting about 5 hours run time with that.
Set the screen time off down to lowest(15 seconds). Set to turn mod off at 15 minutes(lowest setting again).
I got a full day out of the battery with a little time left to spare.

My advice,do NOT set sceen time off,and turn mod off to never, Set each one to the lowest setting. You will get better battery life.

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
Does anyone possibly have the aurora and the inbox that could post a pic of them side by side. I like the looks of the aurora but have small hands. I have the inbox and the size is nice. Just wondering how much larger the aurora is in comparison. Couldn't find a image on google, watched a few reviewers but they didn't show that. Found that strange as they usually do! :) Anyway thanks to anyone that can. Greatly appreciated

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Does anyone possibly have the aurora and the inbox that could post a pic of them side by side. I like the looks of the aurora but have small hands. I have the inbox and the size is nice. Just wondering how much larger the aurora is in comparison. Couldn't find a image on google, watched a few reviewers but they didn't show that. Found that strange as they usually do! :) Anyway thanks to anyone that can. Greatly appreciated
IMG_20180703_142112.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
IMG_20180703_142112.jpg
IMG_20180703_142112.jpg

Reactions: debinnv

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Thank you SO much! I was also thinking of the pico squeeze 2 maybe but want to see what others say first after they have had it awhile. I hear reports of the Aurora leaking at the 510 so I'm still a bit hesitant. The size is not much bigger than the Inbox! Hmmm, decisions decisions lol.
The Aurora is not that much taller and they are the same frame box. I have not experienced any leaking or sign of it at the 510? Not sure where the leakng rumors are coming from??
The width is the same as the inbox though.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just ordered mine a few minutes ago,so looking forward to trying it out here in a few weeks.Good thing is,if i don't like it,it only cost $14 haha.I won a gift card for $50 from Heavens gifts,so used it for this mod,had to add the $14 to it,but should be well worth it.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Just ordered mine a few minutes ago,so looking forward to trying it out here in a few weeks.Good thing is,if i don't like it,it only cost $14 haha.I won a gift card for $50 from Heavens gifts,so used it for this mod,had to add the $14 to it,but should be well worth it.
Nice choice and I hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Nice choice and I hope you enjoy it.
Yeah,i think i'll like it.I've had my inbox for a couple years now,and have had a few other Hcigar mods and have liked them all,so this one should be good as well.I was planning to buy one anyway,so when i won the gift card,it was the first thing i searched for on their site.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
Very nice. Congrats! Andddddd. if you hate it I'll give ya $15 for it LOL I am so just kidding...............

Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread