Hcigar Aurora 80w squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I gave up on my gbox 200. Just too damn heavy, was giving me arthritis.

Looking forward to this Aurora. Very likely to be my next purchase. And also that regulated Pulse lookalike that fits the 21700, the Nikola Niagara 100.
thought regulated and normal pulse only take 20700 ?
i might be wrong, but my friend need some cut to mech pulse to create more room for 21700 ...

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I just bought a rsq in red. Now I want the Aurora. Oh boy......

Glad you like the RSQ it is a small device. I can't wait for my Aurora to arrive. Really looking forward to that one. The 21x batteries I ordered for it just showed up. I hate when they show up before you get your device?

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Glad you like the RSQ it is a small device. I can't wait for my Aurora to arrive. Really looking forward to that one. The 21x batteries I ordered for it just showed up. I hate when they show up before you get your device?
I would rather have the batteries BEFORE the device. At least you'll be prepared once it arrives. Get 'em charged up and ready.

I'm looking forward to this as well. Hoping it doesn't get pushed. I usually only order things from FT that I'm not in a hurry for, or in this case can't find elsewhere. This is probably going to be the most impatient I've even been on the slow boat. :D

I've got my 40T's ready to go. I'm currently running 20700s in my Desire Cut, going to save the 21700s for the Aurora.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I would rather have the batteries BEFORE the device. At least you'll be prepared once it arrives. Get 'em charged up and ready.

I'm looking forward to this as well. Hoping it doesn't get pushed. I usually only order things from FT that I'm not in a hurry for, or in this case can't find elsewhere. This is probably going to be the most impatient I've even been on the slow boat. :D

I've got my 40T's ready to go. I'm currently running 20700s in my Desire Cut, going to save the 21700s for the Aurora.

The only reason I said that was these two devices are my first 20x battery mod. If I received the mods first I could still run 18's in them until the batteries arrived.

At least I got them charged up though and it took over three hours to get them full charge. They came at 3.6 v on each. I thought my 18's toook a while to charge.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The only reason I said that was these two devices are my first 20x battery mod. If I received the mods first I could still run 18's in them until the batteries arrived.

At least I got them charged up though and it took over three hours to get them full charge. They came at 3.6 v on each. I thought my 18's toook a while to charge.
Lol, yeah, I've been used to charging 18650s like you. My Sanyo 20700Bs take a LONG time to charge in comparison. Almost thought something was wrong with the charging the first time. Didn't think the charger was going to shut off. :D

I've always thought it was no big deal to carry an extra 18650 with my when I leave the house in case I need to swap. Have to admit, it's really nice getting a full day on a single battery.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Lol, yeah, I've been used to charging 18650s like you. My Sanyo 20700Bs take a LONG time to charge in comparison. Almost thought something was wrong with the charging the first time. Didn't think the charger was going to shut off. :D

I've always thought it was no big deal to carry an extra 18650 with my when I leave the house in case I need to swap. Have to admit, it's really nice getting a full day on a single battery.
btw for mod allow 21700 batt, 20700 fit but a little rattle when u shack it .....

• Informative
Reactions: CagedSpam

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
O.k. ship dates just got pushed back another week. I was really hoping these would ship on time and I hope this is the only delayed time?
Darn, I've been checking first thing in the morning each day, they must have just updated this.

They didn't update the ETA on the Red/Silver, but I'm guessing they will push out as well. Kind of doubt those colors would ship before the black since black is usually the most popular. I hope my order was early enough to be included on the first shipment they receive.

I also ordered some Therion bottles that were also showing the same date as the Aurora before it was pushed out. I would have cancelled them if they would have held up the order. Doesn't look like that will be a problem now. :(

Oh well, Pulse should ship from China on Sat if it stays on schedule. I'm guessing I will have it in hand before the Aurora, but one never knows with these things.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The Pulse was showing another delay I don't know if things changed for that? I have an Arctic Dolphin Anita coming and it shipped actually two days early than scheduled. That is why I was hoping the Aurora (actually assumed) mod would ship on time.

Not sure when the red and silver were offered,I think it was a couple days after the black listed for order? I am really looking forward to the Aurora and Anita they are my first 2x series mods. Actually they were the only two that have come out with a design I liked. The other mods with 2x batteries have entirely too much going on with the mod.

Too many lights,and now a voice control mod,...what is next? I hope they go back to the drawing board and keep them clean and simple.

• Agree
Reactions: score69

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The Pulse was showing another delay I don't know if things changed for that? I have an Arctic Dolphin Anita coming and it shipped actually two days early than scheduled. That is why I was hoping the Aurora (actually assumed) mod would ship on time.

Not sure when the red and silver were offered,I think it was a couple days after the black listed for order? I am really looking forward to the Aurora and Anita they are my first 2x series mods. Actually they were the only two that have come out with a design I liked. The other mods with 2x batteries have entirely too much going on with the mod.

Too many lights,and now a voice control mod,...what is next? I hope they go back to the drawing board and keep them clean and simple.
Agree with you on the simplicity. The RSQ does everything I need. I don't need anything fancier than that myself. Just adds to the complexity. And the voice control? REALLY?? That is just useless to me. Easier to just change a setting than to talk to the stupid thing. I'm one of those folks that hate talking to devices, lol.

I think the red and silver were originally 10 days behind the black, now they show a day sooner, but I doubt that. They just haven't gotten to updating them yet.

I hear you on the 2x700 mod situation. My first one was the Desire Cut, and I haven't put it down since I got it. I can easily get a full day of vaping on it at my current build/wattage with a Sanyo 20700B. Really excited to get the Aurora and the Pulse.

I'm going to run 20700s in the Pulse (of course), and 21700s in the Aurora and the Desire Cut.

Glad to hear your Anita is on it's way to you. I'll be looking forward to feedback on it when you guys get them. I may go ahead and get one if the chip does well in power mode.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I will post about the Anita and like you I love my RSQ too. Small compact and an 18650 lasts me all day with a 0.5'ish build in it. I do wish the bottles for it were larger capacity but you can't have everything.

Also glad to here the 20x last for a while. I have some new efest 21700 for each one. I have a feeling the Aurora will replace my RSQ,Inbox V3, and magic box. Not real sure about the Anita,it might be my beater squonk mod?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread