Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'm leaning towards the therion now strictly based on the door. I do like the inbox layout more, but a door that pops out/moves when squonking would likely annoy the heck out of me pretty fast.

Too bad they didn't make the door slide up from the bottom, captive lip on each side. Then weakish magnets would be fine, since the channels on the sides would tend to minimize slip.

(My old Reo VV grand used that approach)

Thanks!

Reactions: ShamrockPat

Car147

Nov 13, 2014
Highlands,Scotland
I have the Inbox, and had a slight rattle on cover with the squonk bottle. picked up some of the replacement covers from FT and no rattle at all with the wood effect, leather or coloured version. Must be a slight warp or magnet issue with the original, apart from that i prefer it over my LV Halycon now.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Has anyone replaced the bottle or tubing? When disconnecting from the device I'd like to remove the tubing and bottle like my other squonkers. With the VT I can only remove the bottle and the tubing feels as if its molded on somehow. Dont want to break anything but juice from the tube will leak into the tray when refilling.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Has anyone replaced the bottle or tubing? When disconnecting from the device I'd like to remove the tubing and bottle like my other squonkers. With the VT I can only remove the bottle and the tubing feels as if its molded on somehow. Dont want to break anything but juice from the tube will leak into the tray when refilling.

Replacement bottles can be found at Fasttech, I've got 10 on the way.

Haven't looked at removing the tubing much other than pulled it a little and my guess is its crimped, possibly by the black plastic inside. Those look like tiny torx screws at the corners but I don't have anything that fits.

Reactions: TheKiwi

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I just pulled the trigger on a VT Inbox and 10 replacement bottles today, took advantage of FT's 15% off Xmas sale. I missed when the first SS DB2 came out and seemingly no one had them in stock. Originally, I was gonna wait for the SS DB2, but had been eyeing the VT Inbox and just couldn't pass up the sale.

It won't even ship out for 7 days so the waiting game begins. Really looking forward to vaping on that bad boy!

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I just pulled the trigger on a VT Inbox and 10 replacement bottles today, took advantage of FT's 15% off Xmas sale. I missed when the first SS DB2 came out and seemingly no one had them in stock. Originally, I was gonna wait for the SS DB2, but had been eyeing the VT Inbox and just couldn't pass up the sale.

It won't even ship out for 7 days so the waiting game begins. Really looking forward to vaping on that bad boy!

I did the same. I ordered on on Friday from ecig-city since they had the wooden one for $85 after their 15% coupon, but also got one from FT (the “colorful” one for $65) for a birthday gift for a friend. His birthday is not until March, so I figure FT should have it to me by then.

The SS DB2 is worth getting as well when it’s available again – it’s been performing well for me.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I did the same. I ordered on on Friday from ecig-city since they had the wooden one for $85 after their 15% coupon, but also got one from FT (the “colorful” one for $65) for a birthday gift for a friend. His birthday is not until March, so I figure FT should have it to me by then.

The SS DB2 is worth getting as well when it’s available again – it’s been performing well for me.

Thanks for the heads up. I've had a Black Carbon VT Inbox since it first came out and really like it. Just ordered a rainbow/colorful or whatever they want to call it, awesome price with the coupon.

I had an extra battery I was swapping out now I'll just swap mods. lol

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas

I got the "colorful" one also, the price was just too good. The SS DB2 is on the back burner for awhile, I splurged a bit and got a couple other vape toys the last couple days. I also picked up a Hotcig R150 during GB flash sales, been wanting one of those for quite awhile.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my Inbox in today from ecig-city. Very happy with it. The doors (I got the “wooden” ones) fit very well with no wiggle, the bottle is very easy to remove and fill, and zero struggles with the battery.

Fit and finish overall is very nice, and the squonk action is a real treat. The wider ID tubing really helps with thicker juice.

Have not tried the included atty as of yet, but it looks interesting. Been using a BF modified Sapor that I already had built, and that has been running great. Have run through a full bottle in less than four hours, so there’s an appreciable haze in the room.

Love vape mail days!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got my Inbox in today from ecig-city. Very happy with it. The doors (I got the “wooden” ones) fit very well with no wiggle, the bottle is very easy to remove and fill, and zero struggles with the battery.

Fit and finish overall is very nice, and the squonk action is a real treat. The wider ID tubing really helps with thicker juice.

Have not tried the included atty as of yet, but it looks interesting. Been using a BF modified Sapor that I already had built, and that has been running great. Have run through a full bottle in less than four hours, so there’s an appreciable haze in the room.

Love vape mail days!
Mine's on the way from them,but i won't have it until saturday.I got the black door one,but ordered the wood doors and the leather ones from fasttech,along with 20 spare bottles,so i'll be set for a long time.

Reactions: hazozita

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Pulled the trigger on this one finally. I ordered the colored one because it was the cheapest and I wanted the leather doors anyway so I ordered a them as well.

Ultimately decided on the VT Inbox over the Therion because I like the look better. It was a toss up as I like the form of the Therion better, but like the look of the Inbox more.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas

Love vape mail days!
Great to hear, would love to see pics! Mine shipped out from FT today, a few days earlier than expected, so now waiting for the slow boat to arrive.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got mine today,it decided to show up a day early haha.As a few have already mentoned,the black carbon fiber looking doors fit like crap,at least mine does,if you move the mod,they will rattle.I have the wood and the leather doors coming from Fasttech though,so won't have to deal with the rattle for too long.Other than that issue,it is a really nice mod though,and i am glad i decided to get one.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Great to hear, would love to see pics!
Mine shipped out from FT today, a few days earlier than expected, so now waiting for the slow boat to arrive.

Can’t compete with the really nice pics in this thread, but since every thread needs a quota of crappy pics, allow me to make my contribution to the latter category.

Inbox with a By Leo Apollo and a Wotofo Lush. Yes, the Lush was a finalist in the Ugly Paint Job competition, but it was only $5 on clearance. The BF conversion kit ran me another 4-odd bucks on FT, so for less than $10 the price-to-performance ratio is very favorable.

in2.jpg
in1.jpg

Ed66

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2016
Rayland, Ohio
Just got mine in the mail today, must say I am enjoying it. Fit and finish is good, and fits nicely in my hand. Doors fit well with no rattle. Only disappointment was that the bottles from my dropbox won't work, ID of the db bottle mouth is bigger, so it won't seal. Haven't tried the RDA it came with yet, put my Tsunami 24 on it and have gone through about a bottle and a half, battery down to 20%.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Just got mine in the mail today, must say I am enjoying it. Fit and finish is good, and fits nicely in my hand. Doors fit well with no rattle. Only disappointment was that the bottles from my dropbox won't work, ID of the db bottle mouth is bigger, so it won't seal. Haven't tried the RDA it came with yet, put my Tsunami 24 on it and have gone through about a bottle and a half, battery down to 20%.

Yeah, when I got my first Inbox I thought the Dripbox bottles fit. Wound up with a mess, it's close but the ID of the mouth on the DB bottles is a hair bigger so didn't seal. I don't really like the brown DB bottles anyway. Who would come up with brown for a squonk bottle?

Fasttech has VT Inbox Replacement Bottles in 5 or 10 qty for just a few bucks, just have to wait on the slow boat.

I found the Maze 2 rda that came with it to be a good performer with a dual coil build and putting some power behind it. I don't do dual coil much and like smaller rdas so I'm usually rocking it with a Narda, Hadaly or Shift BF.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Yup, the Dripbox and Inbox bottles are ever so close in size, but there’s enough of a difference that they can’t be interchanged without leakage. It would be great if there were bottle size standards such as there are with battery sizes. It certainly would make life easier for those with multiple squonkers.

I got lucky in the FT shipping random drawing, and got my 10 pack of Inbox bottles yesterday, along with a SXK Hadaly (can’t wait to try that out!). The bottles come individually boxed, and there was zero plasticky smell to them. Love the soft top cap. The cap does fit and seal well on the Dripbox bottles.

I did my first build in the Maze 2 and it performed better than I expected on the flavor front. Good enough that it will be in regular rotation. The only notable negative for me was the drip tip, but was able to find an adapter in my box of spare parts that fit, so I can use it with a standard drip tip.

Ed66

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2016
Rayland, Ohio
I did my first build in the Maze 2 and it performed better than I expected on the flavor front. Good enough that it will be in regular rotation. The only notable negative for me was the drip tip, but was able to find an adapter in my box of spare parts that fit, so I can use it with a standard drip tip.

I am going to put a build on it this weekend and try it out, just slapped the Tsunami on it for work last night, didn't have time to mess with it. I think I am going to try it with the clear cap instead of the metal flip cap.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Just ordered one. I fail to understand how this went under my radar for so long, as I was waiting for a product like this since July. I'll use it with a Tsunami 22 for which I bought, back then, the BF pin. Ordered it in black with both leather and wooden door, plus 10 bottles. Let's hope for the best. :)

Was considering the Dropbox 2, but a DNA is best, IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread