Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Mine came with the black doors too,and first,mine rattled pretty bad,it's weird but now after using it for close to a month,they have somehow settled in and sit nice and snug now.
I have no complaints about the magnets, I know people had issues with them being weak and pushing the door off when squanking, it's possible they put stronger ones on.

Just got done running case analyzer on it and doing internal resistance w/the copper plug (the stock internal resistance was why I decided to put in thicker wires). I still use the therion squonker more, but as a backup, it's a pretty sweet deal. The one thing I would change about it would be that stock tube.

Reactions: b.m.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
No complaints from me so far. Great little inexpensive regulated squonker.

Fln4IhL.jpg

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Is there a slight lip between the plastic and frame? Trying to figure out if I got my plastic peice back in there right.

The plastic is countersunk if that's what you mean. Don't have anything to measure with but it looks between 1-2mm, same as the outer edge of the black cb panel.

Here's a few pics that might show it better if I'm understanding what your looking for.

Also, if you don't mind to reply or pm and let me know how you got the black plastic piece out. I removed the four screws but couldn't get it out so didn't go any further with it. cu1.jpg cu2.jpg

AnotherADDiction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2010
St. Pete, Florida
:):)
....... Just got done running case analyzer on it and doing internal resistance w/the copper plug (the stock internal resistance was why I decided to put in thicker wires). I still use the therion squonker........

What resistance did you get with the case analyser? I have been looking for some settings for this, but haven't found any yet.
Thanks (and back to lurking :))

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I was going through the vapor beast clearance section and came across the unfortunately named Wanko rda. Saw that it came with a squonk pin so I figured I’d give it a shot. It’s been a real treat! Same compact size and outstanding flavor on a par with the Hadaly but better airflow.

The pre-built coils that fit into the holders are junk, but the holders can be removed for a conventional build. For less than $10, it’s well worth picking up.

Reactions: markfm

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I picked up both a Wanko and a Hadaly clone. Wanko I found a bit of a PITA to coil, the Hadaly is what stays on my squonker.
Same here,my Hadaly clone hasn't left my inbox since i got them.I'm going to get another inbox and a few more Hadaly clones here soon.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I picked up both a Wanko and a Hadaly clone. Wanko I found a bit of a PITA to coil, the Hadaly is what stays on my squonker.

I’m the opposite. I’m finding the Wanko straightforward to coil, but the Hadaly gets me cursing – more often than not, tightening the bar just spits out the wire rather than clamping it down. It could be it’s not great for simple round wire builds; could be my clone is not machined well (it’s the SXK clone); could be my fumbling fingers; could be a combination of all the above.

I keep using it since I very much enjoy the performance, but don’t look forward to rebuilds. In comparison, the screws on the Wanko are much easier for me.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Mine is the SXK too.

My coils are slightly longer than the spacing. I bend the legs slightly inward before mounting (as if I was just starting to bend them to be parallel to the coil body), so the spring nature of the material makes them snap into place right against the screws. Slot one leg into position, pull the 2nd out with tweezers until it clears the clamp, let it recompress to snug in.

My stock build is twisted 26 kanthal, half ohm.

Reactions: hazozita

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Reactions: Rathamar

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Which Hadaly clone did you pick up? Fasttech has 9 different ones and I want to make sure the one I pick up has a squonk pin
Looks like Mark already got ya.I couldn't tell you which to get from Ft,mine is made by Shenray and i got it from 2fdeals.I was going to get the Sxk from Ft,but seen several people mention the tight top cap,so i went with the Shenray,and it has been perfect,so that's what i'll go with when i order a few more.

Reactions: Rathamar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread