Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
A heads-up to anyone looking to get an Inbox (or a second one) -- ecig-city just dropped the price to $79.99 shipped. Only have the black and wooden versions. Or, if you're not in a hurry, can get the "colorful" one from FT for $61.63 using code REDPACKET (20% off site-wide from Jan 25th to 27th).

Link for ecig-city: HCigar VT Inbox (VTinbox) - EVOLV VT75 TC Box Mod

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Very happy with this purchase. Quality device. Slight door shimmy doesn't bother me. Don't really go around shaking my mods and doesn't shift when handling.

Didn't bother with the rda it came with. Maybe later on. Being regulated would need to carry a spare battery unlike my mech bottom feeders which get me through the work-day and then some.

Only complaint is the door magnets. They hold and do their job just fine. Still a beefier magnet would be better.

Hopefully lasts awhile...Still don't trust regulated mods....

FDA BOC

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I've had my VT Inbox for a few days and I'm really loving this lil squonker. I got the "rainbow" version and the side panels fit nice and snug, no play or wobble. I haven't had any problems with the panels popping off, but the magnets could be a bit stronger. The bottle felt a little stiff at first, but after the first full fill and use, it's much softer. I guess it needed to be broken in a bit. It's definitely not as stiff as the kanger bottles. I really like that the extra bottle came with a nice silicon plug. I also bought the 10 bottle replacement pack and they each also included the silicon cap, should be set with bottles for awhile.

Overall, the fit and finish is very nice. Nice clean compartment, easy to change battery and bottle and has a nice feel in the hand. It's very similar in size to my new Hotcig R150. I'm using an Aspire Quad-Flex, set up with the BF pin and top down airflow. It's working great.

The rainbow panels look alright, but have been thinking about getting the leather panels. Does any have the leather panels and have any feedback about them?

vtinbox1_zpsh8tx5bma.jpg
vtinbox2_zpsdogwmunb.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The rainbow panels look alright, but have been thinking about getting the leather panels. Does any have the leather panels and have any feedback about them?
Mine came with the black carbon fiber looking panels,and they are a bit loose,but not too bad.I bought a set of the wood panels and a set of the leather,and it may just be my mod,but both of those sets seem to sit uneven on mine.If i push the bottom corner on either set,they will wobble a tiny bit.Overall though,the leather set is really nice,i don't care much for the wood ones though,they sort of look like that stuff they make clip boards with haha.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Mine came with the black carbon fiber looking panels,and they are a bit loose,but not too bad.I bought a set of the wood panels and a set of the leather,and it may just be my mod,but both of those sets seem to sit uneven on mine.If i push the bottom corner on either set,they will wobble a tiny bit.Overall though,the leather set is really nice,i don't care much for the wood ones though,they sort of look like that stuff they make clip boards with haha.
The fit on the rainbow panels is great. The wood ones look OK, look a little funky, but liked the leather look better. I was wondering about the overall quality of the leather ones.

Reactions: EddieAdams

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The fit on the rainbow panels is great. The wood ones look OK, look a little funky, but liked the leather look better. I was wondering about the overall quality of the leather ones.
Overall quality seems pretty good on them.The leather has a nice feel to it.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Looks great @Roadtrip635! I’m also finding the Aspire Quadflex to be surprisingly enjoyable in BF mode with the top airflow. I initially bought the “Survival” kit with the idea that I’d use it only as an RDTA (and it does work very well in that mode). Tried it in BF mode and was so impressed that I bought a second one (just the “Power” kit) so I could have one dedicated to squonk use.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I took mine apart and put in an old stainless steel squonk tube (I think from an old sunbox, not sure though) part of the cup assembly and a silicone tube so that I can pull it out and clean it. I also replaced all the solders and thin wiring (it's really thin), that parts probably not totally necessary but the tube part was really easy to do, & now I can easily rinse it out.

I can try to find find out exactly what the SS tube was, if anyone cares, I had two, used one on mine and the other on a friend's. the other tube was a silicone one that I'm pretty sure was a sunbox spare.

Anyways now with these modifications, this thing is actually better than a lot of the higher end squankers that I've used (sva & sunbox, that are all dna40 btw). If you're handy and don't mind doing some modifications, I highly recommend this thing, otherwise Idk if I would, just bc without the ability to remove the squank tube, it's almost impossible to clean.

Using a BF narda on it with a fused clapton, it's pretty damn good. I got this thing to get back into squanking, although I'm not sure I love it as much as I used to, I mean it's fun, but I don't normally take it out of the house. Personal preference, that.

Last edited:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA

I ordered the "rainbow" one as well, but also ordered the Leather panels at the same time. I am very glad a did. They are great and I definitely recommend them. I also have spilled a little juice on them and so far no staining. Here are a few pics.

32429969431_5fc67e163a_z.jpg
31708715144_00a7b02243_z.jpg

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I ordered the "rainbow" one as well, but also ordered the Leather panels at the same time. I am very glad a did. They are great and I definitely recommend them. I also have spilled a little juice on them and so far no staining. Here are a few pics.

32429969431_5fc67e163a_z.jpg
31708715144_00a7b02243_z.jpg
Those look pretty good. I wish HCigar had more panels available, that would be great.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Those look pretty good. I wish HCigar had more panels available, that would be great.
Hopefully they will come out with some more.I would like to see a better looking wood set,maybe even something like stabilized wood,as well as maybe a black leather set.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Hopefully they will come out with some more.I would like to see a better looking wood set,maybe even something like stabilized wood,as well as maybe a black leather set.

I have been thinking about ordering a skin from Jwraps. I have the colored panels sitting around and wouldn't mind putting a wrap on those.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Yeah, Stab wood would look nice or a black elephant hide. A cool abalone, similar to my R150 would be great.

After a full week with my VT Inbox, love this squonker more and more.

Reactions: b.m.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
After a few days with this I like it a lot, I got the one with the black fake cf doors and I must of gotten lucky bc my magnets are strong and don't rattle.

Between this and the therion squonker, from a design perspective, imo the therion bf is much better, but as I said I did a few modifications to mine and now I can actually clean it.

Been using a BF narda on it with a fused clapton & rayon.

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
After a few days with this I like it a lot, I got the one with the black fake cf doors and I must of gotten lucky bc my magnets are strong and don't rattle.
Mine came with the black doors too,and first,mine rattled pretty bad,it's weird but now after using it for close to a month,they have somehow settled in and sit nice and snug now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread