Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Excellent point, JJ. Also - the battery cap - as others have reported, my gray one is fine. How are the gold ones? It appears that it's an issue with just the reds, and that's just plain WEIRD.

Noalax did the trick, Nailz - even with the red one. Thanks again SO much for that tip.

As you may recall, I own a red one. And as we all know a DNA75 mod, no matter what box it's in will deliver the exact same vape. So the differences we may debate, height, weight, etc, all come down to the box differences.

I was going to order a black version of the VT75 Nano, but the very fine threads on the battery cap made me decide not to. I use Nyogel on my threads, similar to Noalox but it is a clear gel, not as "dirty". It's something I learned about in the flashlight forums.

While any lube on metal threads is a smart choice, it's not a cure for a bad design. I own a lot of various devices that use metal threading, but have never had such an issue with cross threading as I've had with my VT75. While not my preferred choice of charging 18650 batteries, I only use the built in charging on this mod to avoid removing the battery cap.

Unless hcigar has redone the fine cap threading, I doubt the color of the mod makes any difference. In the end, I guess I'm glad I did not buy a 2nd one, as the Switchbox came out afterward and I put those funds toward that mod.

I like the Nano, just for me it falls short. Be careful with that cap, cross threading those fine threads would be very bad, and as I mentioned awhile back, also be careful not to screw that cap too far down. Not something brought up often, but since there is no "stopper", you can easily over tighten the cap, doesn't take much, and push in the 18650 battery plate. I did this the first time, and there is now a dimple in one of my batteries, but I didn't destroy it, or worse yet, cause a pipe bomb.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Also - the battery cap - as others have reported, my gray one is fine. How are the gold ones? It appears that it's an issue with just the reds, and that's just plain WEIRD.

My gold was better than my red one, wouldn't say they was smooth still though, or not till I added nolax anyway ;)

While not my preferred choice of charging 18650 batteries, I only use the built in charging on this mod to avoid removing the battery cap.

I nearly didn't get a 2nd because of the battery cap, but I trust a US board over a mass made china charger anyway, been vaping 4 years early next year, and always charged via USB when I can, so far no problems, but just like ANY electronic device, of course there is a chance, just look at the samsung s7.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Excellent point, JJ. Also - the battery cap - as others have reported, my gray one is fine. How are the gold ones? It appears that it's an issue with just the reds, and that's just plain WEIRD.

Noalax did the trick, Nailz - even with the red one. Thanks again SO much for that tip.

No lox, for the win. Or appetizers.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Another new color combination, thinking I will see a blue at some point :)

545wvtN.jpg

$77.61 Authentic HCigar VT75 Nano 75W TC VW APV Mod - 1-75W / 100-300C'(200-600F') /1*18650 / zinc alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    "and the newly redesigned battery cover allows for easy battery replacement."
    Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm.

Don't get excited kids, that's the same text description given when the VT75 Nano came out. It means "easier", when compared to the larger VT75 which had no flip up latch.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    YOU got GAME, @pufZeppelin - WHAT are you doing HERE??? ;)

oh, I AM WATCHING / Vapin'

poor C. Palmer (mucho ICE paks needed) :D

•Bucs got it done IN K.C.

•now Phinns gotta flex some in L.A. :2cool:
    hopin Jared Goff's has a bad 1st start

man, whole lot-a-vapin' going on...

:banana:
    gurly is a man :ohmy: o_O

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread