Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Fabulous little device.

20160719094155_79189.jpg

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I think the confusion with the so-called pass-thru function is that, I believe, no mod is technically a pass-thru, but allows vaping while it is being charged. The current is still being drawn from the battery.
Correct. Usb doesn't have the juice for true pass through like people envision it. Power always comes from the battery. In fact, the battery briefly stops charging while the power button is being pressed.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got my nano today, looks are awesome, but damn your right, the battery cap they really failed on, I couldn't unscrew it at all, in the end I had to use grips on it to get it off and back on and was very concerned I would break the cap, but now on, I will use usb charging.

Not to get in the bashing, but makes me laugh when people say they won't trust a mod to charge because of china made, really? where do you think the external chargers are made....CHINA, external chargers can go wrong, your cell phone can go wrong while charging, anything with electric going through it can fail, in 3 and half years of vaping, always charged on the mod when I can, and not to jinx myself, but none of my mods blown up yet.

Anyway enough of that rubbish, pic of my nano :)

zeKVqC1.jpg

KTMRider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    As others have said, you can vape while it's charging (same on all Evolv chips). When you vape while plugged into a usb power source, it will stop charging and take power from the battery. Then it goes back to charging after a few seconds.

On another note, I just built a couple of DNA250's and wanted to take the atomizer off my VT75 and the 510 plate came off with it. Took a bit to get the plate off my atomizer :-x. I screwed the plate back on to where it spreads the c-frame a hair but I don't think I'll be using it for much longer. I'll probably scavenge the DNA75 board for another mod at a later date.

2016-10-15%2014.53.08_zpseimjwdm5.jpg

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
    Feb 27, 2015
    Washington
    First Nano on the forum, congrats!
    We're gonna need to see a pic :banana:
    Just have the trusty Kayfun V3 Mini on her at work. I'll try and throw some more up tonight.
    Have the black and red as well. I actually think it looks really good and I hate red mods.

Attachments

• 20160729_135050.jpg
      20160729_135050.jpg
      983.6 KB · Views: 502

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I felt compelled to document the fact that I've been changing the batteries in the infamous red one for some time now. As this process progressed, the threads got better and better. Today they're perfectly fine.

I know that's not great, since they SHOULD be like that out of the box, but I found it interesting that they get better from use, rather than worse.

That is all.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    My most beloved charcoal VT75n took a nose dive this morning, from a height of about five feet, onto a hard (tiled) floor. My heart sunk, having read stories of bent C-frames (among other things). It got worse when I all could get it to do was read, "Check Atomizer". :blink:

As soon as time allowed, I removed the tank (Egg Roll), reset the coil, placed it back on, and it fired perfectly. Both Nano & Egg Roll are none the worse for wear.

Phwew. :banana:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Is the 510 still threaded? I absolutely hate that, and I'm shocked it doesn't get brought up more.

My vt75 510 plate actually screws down inside the cup - meaning it's recessed, not flush with the rest of the frame. So my attys don't screw down all the way, to make a proper connection. A 0.40 ohm build reads 0.47 unless I screw it down REALLY tight, digging into the rest of the mod. Its like the equivalent of leaving one or two turns left undone on a regular mod.

It's like that on both of my devices. I really wish they do away with that. I find it so unnecessary.

Another issue, is since you can keep screwing the battery cap down, you can OVER TIGHTEN, and push into the bottom of the 18650 battery. I have already created a small dent in my battery. Now I start to screw it down till I feel resistance, then I keep clicking the ON BUTTON, to see when it's making the connection. I then just tighten a little bit more, so as not to CRUSH the battery, as BAD things can happen if you do that!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    This is probably not the mod for users that want to swap batteries but this also doesn't have Chinese electronics that will blow up or catch fire if you charge via USB. It has 1a charging so a LG HE2 or Samsung 25r will take about 2.5 hrs. My oldest DNA200 is almost a year old and has been charged via USB and works fine. My DNA40's all have been charged via USB with no issues either.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    There's hope.
    Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
    Now I'm not sure I should have changed to Gunmetal.
    That looks nice.

I admit, I was concerned about it, after seeing the full size VT75, but concerns gone now got it, it is gold, but different in different lights, more orange gold in darker light and yellow gold when in brighter light, if that makes sense o_O

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Must be a slow news day, as we are discussing how a reviewer drops his batteries into one of his hundreds of free mods! While I don't condone bad habits, let's not get dramatic about it. :)

I am appalled that you are not understanding of how I might be scarred for life from the experience. We are VAPERS! :laugh:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm confident you will recover, that's assuming you didn't get a RED ONE! I'm still in deep therapy over the THIN THREADS! :)

LOL! Valid point.

I hate the threads too, just for the record. I just love the rest of the silly thing, so I put up with them.

I had a girlfriend like that once... :nun:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    This is probably not the mod for users that want to swap batteries but this also doesn't have Chinese electronics that will blow up or catch fire if you charge via USB. It has 1a charging so a LG HE2 or Samsung 25r will take about 2.5 hrs. My oldest DNA200 is almost a year old and has been charged via USB and works fine. My DNA40's all have been charged via USB with no issues either.

I charge via USB when I'm on the road. When home I like to be safer, and use a quality charger. I like Xtar VP2. You can choose charge rates, I use a .5 amp charge since I'm in no hurry, and it adds a bit of overall life, over a full 1-amp charge rate.

The battery cover design on this device is just plain STUPID!

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2012
    B'more MD
    I have both the red and black nanos. The battery cover threads on my red are terrible and I charge via usb however, the threads on my black nano are smooth and thread beautifully. No problems with it at all. I love everything about these little mods and at this point, I hope they don't release it in Tiffany Blue. My credit card needs a break. :)

Ok... I can't resist showing them off so, here is my Hcigar family. :wub:
    Hcigars 2.jpg

Just ignore big sis in the back! :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread