Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
The new VS DNA75 also has 2 amp charging.

Got two hcigar VT75 Nano's with crappy thin threads (one was a replacement) that was my sample size. While I'm very easy and careful with my gear, having to be overly cautious doing routine battery changes is a deal breaker IMO. If you really cross thread, you could potentially put it out of commission. Folks can make their own buying conclusions, there are other choices to consider.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
JUST my own personal opinion, but I think the issue with the threading may be getting blown a bit out of proportion by Mac's admittedly horrific experience. In that regard, I truly feel absolutely terrible for him.

That being said, I've had a few mods that I needed to be cautious with the threading, and the Nano is pretty much the same as those. I've changed my battery out about 10 times so far, with no problems at all.

You DO need to be cautious with it. Basically, at the first sign of resistance, STOP. Unscrew it, and do it again. Most of my attempts have gone straight in, without even having to back out. I think twice I had to back up and begin again.

I'm not saying that anyone should go out and get one, but if you truly like the design that much, don't be scared off by the threading. It's not that bad.

And the mod is awesome. I will absolutely be getting a silver one.
That is a very helpful post from what I consider a trusted source.
I have a red & black VT75 and wanted the Nano versions, but was hesitant.
Thank you sir!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Do you have the black or red version? I really like the look and the size of this mod. But the threading make me very hesitant

As others have said, fredrikstad, with the bit of knowledge that the threads are somewhat fragile, it's really not been a deal breaker for me.

One poster suggested a viable way to remove the cap to change out batts, and that is to remove your topper, and place the Nano upside down on the flat surface. This gives much more control in unscrewing/screwing in the battery cap.

I've taken to just using a pliers with mine, as I have difficulty maneuvering the little flip up end piece, but I blame longer nails for that fact, not the threads.

To me, this is one of the sweetest devices I own, and I truly don't think the threading is all that much of an issue, and not one I'd worry about, or on which I'd base a decision to buy.

And the mod is awesome. I WE will absolutely be getting a silver one.

FTFY, sweets. ;)

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have a regular VT75, not a nano, and the battery door is at least as problematic, if not more so, than the nano. But given the design of DNA boards, internal charging is a quite reasonable option. I simply charge internally just as I do on my DNA 200s that have Lipo packs, so for me there's no fiddling with the battery door unless I need to replace a battery.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I have a regular VT75, not a nano, and the battery door is at least as problematic, if not more so, than the nano. But given the design of DNA boards, internal charging is a quite reasonable option. I simply charge internally just as I do on my DNA 200s that have Lipo packs, so for me there's no fiddling with the battery door unless I need to replace a battery.
I despise screw on battery caps, especially ones with fine threads. That's why I skipped both models. I instead went with a Blood Red Lavabox DNA75 with a battery door held on with Rare Earth Magnets (strong). It's a little more expensive but if you look for a sale it can be had for ~$75-$80. It's made of 6061 Aluminum instead of Zinc Alloy so it's lighter and at least as strong. Volcano is also a USA company so if you have a problem dealing with them is a lot easier than dealing with Hcigar.

I'm just saying there are other options. I'm not saying I dislike Hcigar or their mods at all. Anyone that knows me knows I in fact have quite a few Hcigar mods. The VT133 is my most used DNA200 (133 watts) mod. I also have a couple of VT200's that I like quite a bit. Just in this instance I went in another direction because with a DNA75 I wanted something both small and light. I also don't like screw on battery caps because if you strip them your mod is toast. On top of all that, I think not being able to (or being nervous to) change 18650's on the fly in a single cell mod isn't a good thing. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm just saying there are other options. I'm not saying I dislike Hcigar or their mods at all. Anyone that knows me knows I in fact have quite a few Hcigar mods. The VT133 is my most used DNA200 (133 watts) mod. I also have a couple of VT200's that I like quite a bit. Just in this instance I went in another direction because with a DNA75 I wanted something both small and light. I also don't like screw on battery caps because if you strip them your mod is toast. On top of all that, I think not being able to (or being nervous to) change 18650's on the fly in a single cell mod isn't a good thing. YMMV

Cheers,
Steve

Oh, I know. I just ended up with a VT75 because it was on sale for $50. Hard to pass it up at that price even with the battery cap.:)

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Oh, I know. I just ended up with a VT75 because it was on sale for $50. Hard to pass it up at that price even with the battery cap.:)
I was trying to write that in a way where I didn't come across as a troll. I wasn't saying either one are bad mods or that people shouldn't get them (I really do like Hcigar DNA mods). I was just trying to point out there are other options. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I was trying to write that in a way where I didn't come across as a troll. I wasn't saying either one are bad mods or that people shouldn't get them (I really do like Hcigar DNA mods). I was just trying to point out there are other options. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

No, I understood exactly what you meant. It is a pain and a poor design choice, but in this case I can live with it. For me it was the perfect beater DNA to take out and about as it's a solid body and I don't have to worry about stuff like the finishing or leathers of say a Triade or Therion. The finish on the VT75 seems well done and I don't have any wear or scratches yet. But once you get into the "full price" DNA 75 mods, there are lots of options that offer other benefits.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
VT75 Nano......... silver........ yummmmmmmmmm

1474584542344015822.jpg

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
... and THIS is special! :thumb:

hcigar-vt75-nano-14.jpg

'tis awfully purdy too.

Like all mods, it's simply a matter of taste. For me, who fell in love with the VT75 (original) until I realized its size, this Nano version was destined to be a hit. But even I admit surprise at how often it's become the one I reach for, often bypassing some pretty "OK" other options.

I absolutely LOVE it, and I can't wait to receive the silver one (thanks to a most awesomely wonderful and pretty darn kute!) friend.

Thanks, friend. :cool:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
'tis awfully purdy too.

Like all mods, it's simply a matter of taste. For me, who fell in love with the VT75 (original) until I realized its size, this Nano version was destined to be a hit. But even I admit surprise at how often it's become the one I reach for, often bypassing some pretty "OK" other options.

I absolutely LOVE it, and I can't wait to receive the silver one (thanks to a most awesomely wonderful and pretty darn kute!) friend.

Thanks, friend. :cool:

Friend, I thought you two were married! :)

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread