ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hey people I'm new to this thread so hellooooo

I loved my nano for about a week until I noticed my resistance jumping everywhere. I have tried everything to fix it(not screwing the battery cap down to tight,cleaning out the 510 area, cleaning the 510 threads, adjusting the 510 on my atomizers only using certain atomizers etc) but to no avail. I picked mine up at ecig city and they have been no help.

Has anyone else had the same problems with there nano being very finicky and glitchy especially with the resistance readings ?
If yes does anyone know of a fix ?

If all else fails has anyone had any luck with hcigar or evolve in getting a replacement ?

I really love this mod......It feels gorgeous in the hands and is so freaking small and cute ! The battery door is annoying but if your patient it does start to wear in and become easier to use it looks great with 24mm atomizers and even though its only a single 18650 I use it for my high resistance low wattage atomizers and get beautiful battery life !!!!!

Sorry for the mini rant/ slash Inquisition I'm just super bummed that I can't use this thing without risking getting the mother of all dry hits every 5 puffs due to the resistance jumping all over 8(

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hey people I'm new to this thread so hellooooo

I loved my nano for about a week until I noticed my resistance jumping everywhere. I have tried everything to fix it(not screwing the battery cap down to tight,cleaning out the 510 area, cleaning the 510 threads, adjusting the 510 on my atomizers only using certain atomizers etc) but to no avail. I picked mine up at ecig city and they have been no help.

Has anyone else had the same problems with there nano being very finicky and glitchy especially with the resistance readings ?
If yes does anyone know of a fix ?

If all else fails has anyone had any luck with hcigar or evolve in getting a replacement ?

I really love this mod......It feels gorgeous in the hands and is so freaking small and cute ! The battery door is annoying but if your patient it does start to wear in and become easier to use it looks great with 24mm atomizers and even though its only a single 18650 I use it for my high resistance low wattage atomizers and get beautiful battery life !!!!!

Sorry for the mini rant/ slash Inquisition I'm just super bummed that I can't use this thing without risking getting the mother of all dry hits every 5 puffs due to the resistance jumping all over 8(

Sorry to hear this, Sed. Mine's been very consistent.

Did you happen to check the plate on the 510 connector? It's actually removable, and I'm wondering if it may be a bit loose (throwing darts here). There are two holes in it. If you have an angled tweezers, they were great to tighten the plate. Simply turn it clockwise as far as it will go.

If not, I'd definitely recommend contacting HCIGAR or Evolv. I'm surprised and disappointed that ECIG CITY has been no help, especially considering that you only recently purchased it from them.

Please let us know how it turns out for you, because you shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this.

Reactions: Katdarling

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Sed80 have you tried using a known good tank that works steady on another mod on the nano to see
if the res jumps .
Reason asking as it could be that particular coil is wonky.

Edit: or perhaps take that setup on nano put onto another mod and see if it does the same thing.
Good luck.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Sed80 have you tried using a known good tank that works steady on another mod on the nano to see
if the res jumps .
Reason asking as it could be that particular coil is wonky.

Edit: or perhaps take that setup on nano put onto another mod and see if it does the same thing.
Good luck.
Yup I have even tried sub ohm tanks I first noticed on the rose v3 a .6 ohm coil was reading .9 I pulled it off tightened the 510 and the grub screws on the leads. Then put it on my triade and then my dx200 both reading .6 put it back on the nano and this time its .7 (hmm i thought its 316l which does fluctuate when heated but usually only a couple of points) hit it and it jumped to 1.2 gaaahhh put my baby beast that uses kanthal .15 coils and its reading .38 just all over the place.

Also i did remove the 510 cover to clean out the 510 cup and threads but still wonky as hell......

When i first got it i had my herkales pro leak about a ml of juice that got down into the cup and battery tube however the 510 opening is completely isolated from the board and only goes to the battery tube so i dont think that had anything to do with it

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Sed8, I agree with DPLongo22 that perhaps it's time to get in touch with Hcigar and/or Evolv.

I believe I had a similar problem when the top plate inadvertently loosened. Once I tightened it up tho, problem solved. It sounds like that's not necessarily the case with yours, tho.

I'm sorry this is happening to you (and to your forum amici, too, @lanzenesi).

Reactions: lanzenesi

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Thanks guys hopefully hcigar is helpful if not my last recourse is evolv who actually believe it or not has helped a lot of people fix there mods even when they are not obligated to do so (at least from what I have read) anyways ya I just put my hobo 3,1 on it and it wasn't reading it at all. Strange thing is if I unwind or loosen the 510 cap by about 3/4 a rotation it will read it and even fire but the resistance is bonkers.

Just a bit bummed as i babied it and never dropped it and its pristine besides the fact it wont work amd dealing with companies and returns is always a bummer

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I mentioned that the 510 isn't the most reliable design. If you tighten the 510 plate too much, it spreads the C frame and that might cause issues. I haven't had any issues with mine but I do notice it drifts a bit compared to my other DNA75/200 mods with Evolv's or similar designed 510's. Even my DNA40's with VariTube 510's are rock solid. This is the main reason I don't want another VT75. The Battery cap doesn't bother me at all as I just charge via USB and I've only opened it a handful of times since I've owned mine.

The only thing I can think of is to apply some Noalox on the threads of the 510 plate to see if that helps with conductivity and stablize the resistance.

Evolv might be able to help you even though it's an inherent design flaw of the 510. Maybe add a ground wire? I was having some issues with my Hana v200 and while I have a lot of tools and chemicals, I don't have flux to solder to SS ($100/gal is the smallest qty sold) so they soldered it for me. That's been rock solid since.

Reactions: lanzenesi

lanzenesi

Jan 24, 2016
Savona, Italy
Well, sorry I'm late. Been too busy at work.
But thanks a lot to all for your replies!

I mentioned that the 510 isn't the most reliable design. If you tighten the 510 plate too much […]

As a matter of fact my C frame is ever so slightly detached at the bottom. I'll have to investigate on that path and see if others have it. I thought the culprit was due to overtightening the battery cap.

Some solutions here suggested have been tried in the forum and many reported that they worked some time before reverting to bad behaviour!

The other day I did a clean up with isopropyl alcohol and right now I'm back to business, how long for, I dunno. [emoji3]

Anyway, I'll report and see if maybe Evolve want to be… Envolved. LOL!

Thanks again, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread