Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
@Sed8op8 .... I don't have a Nano but became interested in your situation. I can assume the Nano is designed similar to the VT75.

Video of vt75 being taken apart...

Best guess is a poor ground path possibly at the 510 or chassis where the ground makes connection. I don't think it is circuit board related... hcigar should be able to help ya out and submitting a ticket to Evolv may foster a reply from them with helpful information...

Help Desk - Submit a ticket

Good Luck....

Last edited:

LostInVape

Oct 15, 2016
Hello All, this is a superb thread. I'm planning to buy my first dna75 mod and honestly I really like vt75 nano. I'm now aware of the battery cap issue (thanks to all memebers' valuable feedback here). But I have a quick question regarding battery life of single 18650. It might be a silly question and I'm sorry if some one already asked it before but I could not find enough details.

I read in some other places you can go through around 8-9 ml of juice on a single charge. Is that what is expected? I do understand it is a subjective matter and ymmv.

But I can state my configuration. I am mostly using 0.8 kanthal on 30-35 watts. Can I expect around and 8-10 ml on single charge?

This is really important for me to decide whether vt75 nano or any other dna75. As I need 9/10 ml during office hours. And with vt75 nano, I don't wanna change battery 2 times a day. So.

Thanks once again for all your help. You guys are awesome. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@Sed8op8 .... I don't have a Nano but became interested in your situation. I can assume the Nano is designed similar to the VT75.

Video of vt75 being taken apart...

Best guess is a poor ground path possibly at the 510 or chassis where the ground makes connection. I don't think it is circuit board related... HCigar should be able to help ya out and submitting a ticket to Evolv may foster a reply from them with helpful information...

Help Desk - Submit a ticket

Good Luck....

They changed/removed the screw on the Nano. Apparently people were complaining about getting shocked or something? I don't have one so I'm not the best source - strictly anecdotal on my part.

Hello All, this is a superb thread. I'm planning to buy my first dna75 mod and honestly I really like vt75 nano. I'm now aware of the battery cap issue (thanks to all memebers' valuable feedback here). But I have a quick question regarding battery life of single 18650. It might be a silly question and I'm sorry if some one already asked it before but I could not find enough details.

I read in some other places you can go through around 8-9 ml of juice on a single charge. Is that what is expected? I do understand it is a subjective matter and ymmv.

But I can state my configuration. I am mostly using 0.8 kanthal on 30-35 watts. Can I expect around and 8-10 ml on single charge?

This is really important for me to decide whether vt75 nano or any other dna75. As I need 9/10 ml during office hours. And with vt75 nano, I don't wanna change battery 2 times a day. So.

You're out of my 11 watt league, so maybe someone who knows better will come along. At my pace though, a 3000mAh LG burns about halfway down, if I use it all day at work. I would think that the WORST case would be one change, until you have a USB charger at your desk (I do). In which case, no worries at all.

LostInVape

Oct 15, 2016
You're out of my 11 watt league, so maybe someone who knows better will come along. At my pace though, a 3000mAh LG burns about halfway down, if I use it all day at work. I would think that the WORST case would be one change, until you have a USB charger at your desk (I do). In which case, no worries at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks @DPLongo22, I really appreciate ur quick response. I do have a USB attached to my work laptop. So that's an option. But as I learnt dna75 doesn't allow bypass mode. (I might be wrong though). So as I see I have to charge for say 30 mins. Then use it for 3/ 4 vapes. And charge it back again. Will that be good for battery health? I heard it's better to charge the battery at once.

But thanks again. :)

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I think the confusion with the so-called pass-thru function is that, I believe, no mod is technically a pass-thru, but allows vaping while it is being charged. The current is still being drawn from the battery.
Correct. Usb doesn't have the juice for true pass through like people envision it. Power always comes from the battery. In fact, the battery briefly stops charging while the power button is being pressed.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
As others have said, you can vape while it's charging (same on all Evolv chips). When you vape while plugged into a usb power source, it will stop charging and take power from the battery. Then it goes back to charging after a few seconds.

On another note, I just built a couple of DNA250's and wanted to take the atomizer off my VT75 and the 510 plate came off with it. Took a bit to get the plate off my atomizer :-x. I screwed the plate back on to where it spreads the c-frame a hair but I don't think I'll be using it for much longer. I'll probably scavenge the DNA75 board for another mod at a later date.

2016-10-15%2014.53.08_zpseimjwdm5.jpg

JuiceJug

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Canton,OH

I've had my Nano a little over a week now. Today I wanted to give a good test on battery life So, I put on a Tron tank with a Ni .2 coil, Ni mode @ 430* 25 watts. Headed to Amish country to enjoy the country and shop. Almost 10 hrs later, went thru 2 tanks and battery level is a little under half, thats 8 ml of liquid. Pretty happy with this device. My Ultimo tank sucks up the battery pretty quick tho, runnning @ 470* 45 watts. Hope this helps. Oh, running the LG HG2 batteries.

LostInVape

Oct 15, 2016
I've had my Nano a little over a week now. Today I wanted to give a good test on battery life So, I put on a Tron tank with a Ni .2 coil, Ni mode @ 430* 25 watts. Headed to Amish country to enjoy the country and shop. Almost 10 hrs later, went thru 2 tanks and battery level is a little under half, thats 8 ml of liquid. Pretty happy with this device. My Ultimo tank sucks up the battery pretty quick tho, runnning @ 470* 45 watts. Hope this helps. Oh, running the LG HG2 batteries.

Thanks @JuiceJug, it was a neat and helpful listing. I really appreciate. I'm using HG2 too currently and that's a nice one. On dual 18650s non-dnas, I'm getting around 15 ml/charge (on .8 kanthal @30-35watts). And I sometimes use my old Melo2 @450 * 25 watts in Ni mode. Thank you once again Sir, I am getting a good estimate now on the battery life.

Reactions: DPLongo22

LostInVape

Oct 15, 2016
As others have said, you can vape while it's charging (same on all Evolv chips). When you vape while plugged into a usb power source, it will stop charging and take power from the battery. Then it goes back to charging after a few seconds.

On another note, I just built a couple of DNA250's and wanted to take the atomizer off my VT75 and the 510 plate came off with it. Took a bit to get the plate off my atomizer :-x. I screwed the plate back on to where it spreads the c-frame a hair but I don't think I'll be using it for much longer. I'll probably scavenge the DNA75 board for another mod at a later date.

Thanks @KTMRider for the 510 plate warning. And these 250s looks really neat :)

JuiceJug

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Canton,OH
Thanks @JuiceJug, it was a neat and helpful listing. I really appreciate. I'm using HG2 too currently and that's a nice one. On dual 18650s non-dnas, I'm getting around 15 ml/charge (on .8 kanthal @30-35watts). And I sometimes use my old Melo2 @450 * 25 watts in Ni mode. Thank you once again Sir, I am getting a good estimate now on the battery life.[/QUOTE
Thanks @JuiceJug, it was a neat and helpful listing. I really appreciate. I'm using HG2 too currently and that's a nice one. On dual 18650s non-dnas, I'm getting around 15 ml/charge (on .8 kanthal @30-35watts). And I sometimes use my old Melo2 @450 * 25 watts in Ni mode. Thank you once again Sir, I am getting a good estimate now on the battery life.
I think you'll be happy with it, just watch what tank and coil you'll be using for all day use. The big tanks and coils tho need the dual batteries for a good days of use. I already knew my Ultimo wouldn't last me for the day on what I was doing, and thats why I put on the Tron tank. Its one sweet device tho, for its size.

lanzenesi

Jan 24, 2016
Savona, Italy
[…]and the 510 plate came off with it. Took a bit to get the plate off my atomizer :-x […]

Yes, that's the other painful issue. I get that a lot. What's more is, if you mount a kayfun 5, the Air intake and regulation ring gets pushed up and ring operation becomes awkward.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Yes, that's the other painful issue. I get that a lot. What's more is, if you mount a kayfun 5, the Air intake and regulation ring gets pushed up and ring operation becomes awkward.
Ha! It was a KF5. I unscrewed the 510 pin on the KF5 and took off the base to get the plate off with a needle nose plier on the KF5 base and piece of cloth to holding 510 plate.

srg2692

Verified Member
May 5, 2016

Are those Silo 1300s? I want one really bad just for the sturdiness, I don't trust myself to put it together though.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Are those Silo 1300s? I want one really bad just for the sturdiness, I don't trust myself to put it together though.
The one on the left is a Silo 950 and the center and right ones are Silo 1300's. The blue went together fine but the 510 opening for the plate on the red one was .5mm to small so I had to dremel the 510 to fit. They sell pre-assembled ones at ModCrate and ProtoVapor.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My shipment from China, coming via Netherlands Post (????), has finally crawled its way through the rice patties and is sitting at the sorting center, located somewhere on the mainland, I presume.

I expect it to begin swimming the Pacific any day now.

Patiently, I. :blink:

Reactions: Katdarling

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
My shipment from China, coming via Netherlands Post (????), has finally crawled its way through the rice patties and is sitting at the sorting center, located somewhere on the mainland, I presume.

I expect it to begin swimming the Pacific any day now.

Patiently, I. :blink:

I wish you good luck. NP was the carrier that supposedly destroyed the batteryless mod I ordered from Gearbest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread