Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
You might not want to lube the threads unless it Noalox.

The battery cap doesn't really bother me because it's an Evolv chip and charging via USB isn't an issue. The 510 is the deal breaker for me and why I don't use mine anymore.

KTM, would you remind me please as to what it was/is that you don't like about the 510 on the Nano?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I tried to upload the settings again and even though it saying its uploading them they dont take. The temp dominate box wasnt checked, dont understand it.

After you complete the upload, are you using the EJECT button, before removing the cable? Try changing something that would be very obvious so you can test it.

Reactions: DPLongo22

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Excellent point, JJ. Also - the battery cap - as others have reported, my gray one is fine. How are the gold ones? It appears that it's an issue with just the reds, and that's just plain WEIRD.

Noalax did the trick, Nailz - even with the red one. Thanks again SO much for that tip.

I got two red ones. NO problems with the threads at all. They are very smooth and they "locate" much easier than the bigger 26650 VT75. I LOVE these things, with a couple exceptions.

First, that little handle. I think there is a magnet in the cap, to hold that little thing up in position. I give a half turn because that's all God gave me in the flexibility dept, then I have to let go of it to regrip it, and DAMNED if that thing, EVERY time, doesn't shut itself and I have to get my finger nail up in there to pull it down again. Maddening, I prefer the center rib style of the bigger brother.

The other thing is, I will JUST change the battery, and after picking it up and setting it down for a few vapes, it needs changing again and I'm all like WTH?!? Having two the same color has its funny moments....

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I got two red ones. NO problems with the threads at all. They are very smooth and they "locate" much easier than the bigger 26650 VT75. I LOVE these things, with a couple exceptions.

First, that little handle. I think there is a magnet in the cap, to hold that little thing up in position. I give a half turn because that's all God gave me in the flexibility dept, then I have to let go of it to regrip it, and DAMNED if that thing, EVERY time, doesn't shut itself and I have to get my finger nail up in there to pull it down again. Maddening, I prefer the center rib style of the bigger brother.

The other thing is, I will JUST change the battery, and after picking it up and setting it down for a few vapes, it needs changing again and I'm all like WTH?!? Having two the same color has its funny moments....

LOL! Yeah - differentiation by tank? Why'd you get two reds?

Turn the mod instead of the cap. Makes it a lot easier.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
LOL! Yeah - differentiation by tank? Why'd you get two reds?

Turn the mod instead of the cap. Makes it a lot easier.

Wait.. You're saying there are other colors? :eek:

20161203_135521_resized.jpg

red6.jpg

red4.jpg

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
KTM, would you remind me please as to what it was/is that you don't like about the 510 on the Nano?

The 510 plate is the ground and not very solid being screwed on and you can't tighten it too much because of the c-frame design. A solid ground is very important for TP.

I also have issues with it unscrewing with my KF5 and KM3. I have other mods that are more reliable so I put it aside so I don't have to deal with it. I'm currently in love with my Silo mods. Even my Vaporsharks have taken a backseat to them.

2016-10-15%2014.53.08_zpseimjwdm5.jpg

2016-08-01%2015.47.04_zpsvtiumltm.jpg

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Well Phil finally got around to reviewing these.

THUMBS DOWN: Battery Covers

Something I mentioned long a go when I first received mine. And to all DNA sellers, please test and include all electrical mod resistance measurements for the device, making TC more accurate, like VaporShark does. These are included fields in the Escribe software!

PBusardo's HCigar VT75 & Nano Video review link:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well Phil finally got around to reviewing these.

THUMBS DOWN: Battery Covers

Something I mentioned long a go when I first received mine. And to all DNA sellers, please test and include all electrical mod resistance measurements for the device, making TC more accurate, like VaporShark does. These are included fields in the Escribe software!

PBusardo's HCigar VT75 & Nano Video review link:

If he had given the battery door a thumbs-up, I'd have serious concerns about his sanity.

I also wish he'd stop DROPPING batteries into mods. I cringe every time I see that. Just slide it in, Phil - nice & easy. :blink:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
If he had given the battery door a thumbs-up, I'd have serious concerns about his sanity.

I also wish he'd stop DROPPING batteries into mods. I cringe every time I see that. Just slide it in, Phil - nice & easy. :blink:

UNREAL - I hate that and almost EVERY Reviewer does it... :shock::shock::shock:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Since Phil doesn't pay for his toys, doubt he cares. Also most of the new mods all have a spring loaded positive pin to keep most lengths of batteries secure, I'd check my Nano, but I never take the cover off! :)

I can't imagine why not! ;)

I don't even do that with flashlights. My father used to smack me across the back of the head anything I dropped a battery into something. I think Gibbs learned it from my dad.

dropping that battery INTO the mod would be like holding mod 2.5" above counter top and dropping it <<<SLAM>>>
not very good practice... :w00t:

View attachment 618935
cool comfy 80° going to play in 46°

:evil:

I don't know that the weather's helping much. :unsure:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Must be a slow news day, as we are discussing how a reviewer drops his batteries into one of his hundreds of free mods! While I don't condone bad habits, let's not get dramatic about it. :)

I am appalled that you are not understanding of how I might be scarred for life from the experience. We are VAPERS! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread