"Heads up" Avoid USPS for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkress

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oklahoma USA
I almost never have a problem with USPS and if I do, the problem is usually with my local post office. I do, however, have a package currently stuck/lost in FL for almost a week. In fact, a package I ordered 2 days AFTER from the same vendor already arrived today. Who knows. I'm a patient person so no biggie.

God Bless the patient people...I wish I was one! :)

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
Oh noez, just read this...How the new service standards may slow down much more mail than the Postal Service is saying | Save the Post Office With that being said I have a package coming from Ukraine that is in it's 3rd week. When I ordered from them before it took 10 days. I read on an ebay vendor blog that they shut down some kind of snow routing areas and all backup offices and it was taking an average of 9 days for them to get a confirmation on priority from snow ridden areas. I was pretty patient at 2 weeks, but 3 weeks is getting pretty ridiculous. Only time will tell if it was the snow or if mail is permanently getting slower. I support the USPS, but I don't want to pay for Priority if I'm not getting it in 2-3 days.

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
Ok I'll admit that I've had stuff from Cali go to Hawi then to fla. I've had stuff go 200 miles past me to Opa Lokca then come back to Sebring. But I've had 1st class mail get to me faster then priority and priority reach me in 2 days. Knowing of all the crappy weather all over the place I don't get too excited over delays, all the people involved have families and I'd rather wait then see any of them die trying to fly an ice cube.The sad fact is they're stuck with Gov. purchased programs(need I say Obama care?) and I'm sure they're getting over run in the complaint dept. Keep in mind that if you worked for the Post Office, you'd probably be as pis...ed off with delays caused by human error, and screwed up software as they are. Stop and think, what if you had to route 200 thousand pieces a day from people who can't write clearly. The sheer volume they deal with every day is insane!, then add weather? I'm an old fart who remembers the days of 5-7 days delivery time. We're too much of an instant message culture now to have a care for the poor souls who try to deliver. Like my bumper sticker says " Blow your horn, piss me off, I'll drive slower!" Chill out and look at it from all sides. Now you can gripe at me. Like I'll care!, I don't get ulcers."Lord grant me the wisdom to change the things I can....." Drink a six pack and call me in the afternoon.

jkress

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oklahoma USA
Oh noez, just read this...How the new service standards may slow down much more mail than the Postal Service is saying | Save the Post Office With that being said I have a package coming from Ukraine that is in it's 3rd week. When I ordered from them before it took 10 days. I read on an ebay vendor blog that they shut down some kind of snow routing areas and all backup offices and it was taking an average of 9 days for them to get a confirmation on priority from snow ridden areas. I was pretty patient at 2 weeks, but 3 weeks is getting pretty ridiculous. Only time will tell if it was the snow or if mail is permanently getting slower. I support the USPS, but I don't want to pay for Priority if I'm not getting it in 2-3 days.

After another 45 minutes on hold today I finally got to a person and was told that priority mail basically means nothing...no guarantee of days to arrive...they couldn't seem to answer my question about why they charge more for it if it doesn't actually get priority.
I have 2 packages out there since 3/2 & 3/4...lost in a worm hole apparently...today was my third call this week to them....in total 3+ hours of hold (just lay the phone down on speaker and do other stuff while I wait) and after finally getting both cases escalated....tonight a miracle...one last tracking was in MI & other CA...hit OK...directly from last scans (same day as they shipped)...they should be delivered tomorrow...but I ain't holding my breath!!

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
You gf and I both have packages coming from the same juice shop. I ordered mine 4 days before her and mind shipped earlier. They are showing departed from from the same facility at the same time.... For the past week. My neighbor ordered after my gf from the same place and he got his today. I hate the usps.

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
Same here, USPS is usually really great, but I've had a lot of problems in the last two weeks with extremely late and almost lost deliveries. But I have also gotten a few really good ones too that got to me lightning fast, so it's not all bad.

But I do agree, USPS logistics seems to be having some major problems in the last few months.

Yeah! that dang winter storm has been messing everyone's vape mail up!

The USPS should have been more prepared as to make sure they can get through the 40 ft of snow to get ejuice from Maine to Ga! And what's the matter they can't fly a plane through a blizzard?

That danged USPS...

No blizzards between California and Washington, yet my 2-day Priority box took a week and a half to arrive. Would have been longer had I not called them to figure out what was going on. Day after I called and they told me they would check into it, the package went on it's way and got delivered.

Something is definitely iffy about them lately.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
That cursed City of Industry.

Some of these big sectional/sorting centers are always a problem. For me, its Memphis. I cringe when I see my packages go thru there. Little Rock is great though.

There's another one out in Wash State.......Federal Way......my stuff gets hung up there a lot when mailing to a friend out that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread