BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
Still loving mine! I hate even getting fingerprints on it...lol
Mom took over mine :( but I have to keep a check on it all the time you know, to make sure battery is charged and tank filled. and vape on it a bit ;) LOL I do love it but am very glad mom is using it more than i could get her to use the one i am using. So i am VERY Thankful for This

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Mom took over mine :( but I have to keep a check on it all the time you know, to make sure battery is charged and tank filled. and Vape on it a bit ;) LOL I do love it but am very glad mom is using it more than i could get her to use the one i am using. So i am VERY Thankful for This
That makes me almost want to cry...how wonderful!!!

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Mom took over mine :( but I have to keep a check on it all the time you know, to make sure battery is charged and tank filled. and Vape on it a bit ;) LOL I do love it but am very glad mom is using it more than i could get her to use the one i am using. So i am VERY Thankful for This
That's awesome!

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
That's awesome!
Thanks. it really is. She is 79 so most technology is not for her so she just was not interested. but this one is so easy for her since i can just set it and she don't have to worry about changing any of it. Plus it is more like the shape of a cig/smaller tip so she is more comfortable with it. Does it more as an in between smokes but it is a start I am very happy about

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Thanks. it really is. She is 79 so most technology is not for her so she just was not interested. but this one is so easy for her since i can just set it and she don't have to worry about changing any of it. Plus it is more like the shape of a cig/smaller tip so she is more comfortable with it. Does it more as an in between smokes but it is a start I am very happy about
Every smoke she skips is a victory! Tell her she has a whole new cheering section backing her up!

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
Every smoke she skips is a victory! Tell her she has a whole new cheering section backing her up!
I was telling her about it last night. She gave it up today :( said she tried but it is just not for her and had brother go get her some Stinkies :nah:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I was telling her about it last night. She gave it up today :( said she tried but it is just not for her and had brother go get her some Stinkies :nah:
Sigh....do you think something smaller like a simple tiny battery would be better for her?

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Not sure anymore. I think she is just to set in her ways at this point. Le Sigh :(
Well, if you ever need a few to jump start her back in, let me know. I have a few spares that came back to me from someone who graduated and wanted to make sure I had them handy in case anyone else needed them.

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
Well, if you ever need a few to jump start her back in, let me know. I have a few spares that came back to me from someone who graduated and wanted to make sure I had them handy in case anyone else needed them.
Awesome and Thank you. She has mentioned a few times that at her age it is hard for her to make changes

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Awesome and Thank you. She has mentioned a few times that at her age it is hard for her to make changes
My son had me try his vape last summer and I hated it! It tasted like what the garbage dumpster outside smells like. 6 months later, I tried again with another flavor, and WOW, it worked!

Reactions: cooladdict

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015

well..I have found that with my ma, the more I insist, the more she resists :rolleyes:...and she has gotten more so as we both get older :D ...It may just be a very human condition that we hold on tightly to our familiar habits and routine's....so in that regard..I get that it's hard to change..
???o_O?? I thought she was kinda diggin' on the CT or the VT??? (can't remember which) ...so at least she knows how to use it. I would just leave it hangin around where she can use it ..if she wants too ...Maybe she wants to try "something new" in stealth mode..away from cheering eyes..where she might dissappoint, if she goes back and forth to the cigs. It may take time...As Red says...every cig she doesn't smoke is a victory. And ultimately the decision has to be up to her..and that's just how she wants it...But doesn't mean you can't leave the gear where she has access to it (unless you are worried about youngins getting at it)
You have shown her a whole new world...give her a bit of time to digest and get used to it {hugs}

Last edited:

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
well..I have found that with my ma, the more I insist, the more she resists :rolleyes:...and she has gotten more so as we both get older :D ...It may just be a very human condition that we hold on tightly to our familiar habits and routine's....so in that regard..I get that it's hard to change..
???o_O?? I thought she was kinda diggin' on the CT or the VT??? (can't remember which) ...so at least she knows how to use it. I would just leave it hangin around where she can use it ..if she wants too ...Maybe she wants to try "something new" in stealth mode..away from cheering eyes..where she might dissappoint, if she goes back and forth to the cigs. It may take time...As Red says...every cig she doesn't smoke is a victory. And ultimately the decision has to be up to her..and that's just how she wants it...But doesn't mean you can't leave the gear where she has access to it (unless you are worried about youngins getting at it)
You have shown her a whole new world...give her a bit of time to digest and get used to it {hugs}
Nah no young ones around to worry about getting into anything. It is the CT and at first she seemed ok with it after i showed her how to use it. Even told her i could make her a higher mg juice since her body was used to a high mg then what i am at now which is 3mg. she said no she has quit before so it was no biggie. So i just left it by her chair ever since and would just check it to make sure of charge and that tank had enough juice in it, and vape it a little lol. I am usually at the computer in my bedroom and don't reall bother her much unless she calls me. she called me into livingroom this morning and handed it back to me saying she tried and it was just not her thing :(

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
oh sweetie..I'm sorry ...[hugs] ...I am vaping some fudge brownie right now....some folks on here will tell you it brings their kritters arunnin to them wantin some ..:D ...I guess you will be her inspiration ...and there are folks here ready to help out ..just say the word...should she show some interest.

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
oh sweetie..I'm sorry ...[hugs] ...I am vaping some fudge brownie right now....some folks on here will tell you it brings their kritters arunnin to them wantin some ..:D ...I guess you will be her inspiration ...and there are folks here ready to help out ..just say the word...should she show some interest.
Thank you so much. Finding ECF and the GREAT people/Family that this place has become for me has Changed my Life sooo much. I Love each and Everyone of the Peeps that have become Family to me on ECF. Don't think I would be where i am without Ya'll

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That's great! Ya gotta start somewhere, and every vape she takes is one less cigarette! :)

Reactions: redrebel821

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that. You are an awesome daughter for trying, though. I know how frustrating it is watching someone you love struggle with giving up cigarettes. I go through the same thing with my husband. :(

BamaBabe4Ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
AlaFreakinBama
www.facebook.com
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that. You are an awesome daughter for trying, though. I know how frustrating it is watching someone you love struggle with giving up cigarettes. I go through the same thing with my husband. :(
yes it is. I don't push her because For 1. she will pull the Mom card on me lol. and 2. because I know as we all do how hard it is to give them up and not everything works for everyone. But yes it is hard to watch them struggle with it, especially now that We know how much better we are and feel from having made the Switch and just yearning to give them that same benefit/feeling

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
:wub: ...truth ....
..and I can't put the brownie joose down today! ..It's rainin out...so I'll be chain vapin till I get away from this computer:rolleyes: ...
I will be gifting a smoker friend with some gear this week maybe...She tried vaping this Summer..on those retail store cigalikes ...and did OK all Summer..but now back to smoking....I don't know how she will react either...but will keep you posted...I know I can only do so much.....

Reactions: redrebel821
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread