HeavenGifts: Win Joyetech Cubis+Cuboid combo, a new SS316+TCR vaping experience you shall try

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Huh, my ss cubis came with a clear plastic drip tip and a ss one. Sure it's glass?
I can't really tell whether it is plastic or glass. It's light like plastic but it feels sturdier than cheap plastic.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The more I am using the Cuboid in the SS316 setting, the more inconsistent I find it operating. If I use the SS coils in power mode, it works fine and is consistent vape after vape. However, in the SS316 TC mode, I notice that it seems to vape differently tank after tank. One tankful of juice in the Cubis, it will vape fine. Another tankful of juice and with the power and temp settings the same, it will vape very anemic. As soon as you hit the fire button, the mod kicks into temp protection and start reducing the wattage, so the vape is weaker and cooler. Or it could be that it seems like temp protection never kicks in and the vape gets really warm and starts to taste burnt.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
The more I am using the Cuboid in the SS316 setting, the more inconsistent I find it operating. If I use the SS coils in power mode, it works fine and is consistent vape after vape. However, in the SS316 TC mode, I notice that it seems to vape differently tank after tank. One tankful of juice in the Cubis, it will vape fine. Another tankful of juice and with the power and temp settings the same, it will vape very anemic. As soon as you hit the fire button, the mod kicks into temp protection and start reducing the wattage, so the vape is weaker and cooler. Or it could be that it seems like temp protection never kicks in and the vape gets really warm and starts to taste burnt.

This is a classic problem with rubber/silicone insulator style coil leg terminations ie minute changes in res while being fired. I was quite surprised that none of my of three coils had that problem. It's prolly not the mod, it's the coils. All the more reason I use rbas in my tanks for tc. Rock solid connections.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Guess what?

I gots a Cuboid!
2016-01-11%2022.21.36.jpg

2016-01-11%2022.22.08.jpg

Been using it all day and it's a great little box and pretty decent tank. Everyone that's seen it has been impressed.

Will update more once I have a chance to put it through its paces. Currently using the Clapton coil and liking the vape, but I've got some issues with the airflow.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
This is a classic problem with rubber/silicone insulator style coil leg terminations ie minute changes in res while being fired. I was quite surprised that none of my of three coils had that problem. It's prolly not the mod, it's the coils. All the more reason I use rbas in my tanks for tc. Rock solid connections.
Actually, I was just playing around with the Cubis and I think I may have figured out why the vape became anemic. While the tank was almost full, I unscrewed the coil and when lifting the coil out of the tank, I noticed a number of air bubbles was trapped under the coil that was released and floated to the top of the juice. Once I screwed the coil back into the tank, it started vaping fine. So it appears that the air bubbles had formed down at the small gap between the bottom of the coil and the bottom of the tank and was choking off the wick channels, so no juice was flowing to the coil.

I wonder if it is because I am using max VG juices, so the juice is actually thick enough where there might be some problems wicking because of the thin gap between the bottom of the coil and the bottom of the tank, thereby allowing those air bubbles to form?

This actually makes a lot of sense as I do notice that when I start chain vaping on the Cubis, the vape seems to get a little weaker the more I keep vaping on it. That may be a signal that those pesky air bubbles are starting to form. This also tells me that the mod is doing it's job of limiting the power and having temp protection kick in as the coils runs dry.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Guess what?

I gots a Cuboid!

Been using it all day and it's a great little box and pretty decent tank. Everyone that's seen it has been impressed.

Will update more once I have a chance to put it through its paces. Currently using the Clapton coil and liking the vape, but I've got some issues with the airflow.
So you got it before you had to leave for work? What issues with the airflow are you having?

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
So you got it before you had to leave for work? What issues with the airflow are you having?
Yeah, DHL delivered right as I was walking it the door. Set it up soon as I got to work, hence the pictures including the store counter.

The airflow is wonky. Too tight for full lung hits, but a bit too open for proper mouth to lung. The "hidden" airflow also makes it hard to tell if you've bumped the ring in your pocket before you actually take the puff.

And I'm not sure if I accidentally dislodged something or what but it was working proper all day even with me taking the cap off a lot to show friends how it connected, but when I filled up again about an hour ago all of a sudden the top ring over the airflow is rattley loose. I'll have to disassemble it when I empty this tank and see if something shook out.

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
Guess what?

I gots a Cuboid!

What is the problem with your cubis airflow? All of us would like to help

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I have problems setting TCR for SS on my X-Cube II. I bet you are right about it being the coil.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Actually, I was just playing around with the Cubis and I think I may have figured out why the vape became anemic. While the tank was almost full, I unscrewed the coil and when lifting the coil out of the tank, I noticed a number of air bubbles was trapped under the coil that was released and floated to the top of the juice. Once I screwed the coil back into the tank, it started vaping fine. So it appears that the air bubbles had formed down at the small gap between the bottom of the coil and the bottom of the tank and was choking off the wick channels, so no juice was flowing to the coil.

I wonder if it is because I am using max VG juices, so the juice is actually thick enough where there might be some problems wicking because of the thin gap between the bottom of the coil and the bottom of the tank, thereby allowing those air bubbles to form?

This actually makes a lot of sense as I do notice that when I start chain vaping on the Cubis, the vape seems to get a little weaker the more I keep vaping on it. That may be a signal that those pesky air bubbles are starting to form. This also tells me that the mod is doing it's job of limiting the power and having temp protection kick in as the coils runs dry.
Wow, air bubbles! I would not have guessed that, lol. I'm glad you figured it out, though. :)

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
evening all...hope u had a wonderful day!
love the word "paces" like runnin a race.. go from joggin to full run... didnt know a mod could do that hahahhaa j/k
seems everyone uses it these days.
what ever happened to just trying out all its features....or never mind..guess im old school:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::facepalm:

Last edited:

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
Lonnie, what do you mean by 'rubber/silicone insulator style coil leg terminations'? Can you share a pic of that. Thank you.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Lonnie, what do you mean by 'rubber/silicone insulator style coil leg terminations'? Can you share a pic of that. Thank you.
Evan,

I think he means the typical pre-built coil where you have a positive center pin inserted into a rubber insulator and the positive and negative legs of the coil is on either side of the rubber insulator.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Evan,

I think he means the typical pre-built coil where you have a positive center pin inserted into a rubber insulator and the positive and negative legs of the coil is on either side of the rubber insulator.

Yes, thank you @jseah , been too busy to post much this week.

@Vera , the rubber insulator/pos pin coil leg termination design contributes to change in res because the coil legs are not anchored solid. Their connections can change while screwing/unscrewing the top cap because the rubber is decompressed and recompressed each time the tank is filled. Even though in this case the Cubis coils have nr-r-nr coil wires where the nr legs are staked to the r coil wire, oxidation of the coil legs can develop and make less than perfect connection. All it takes is .005 res change to noticeably change the vaping temp. .01 change in res can cause an anemic vape or a very hot vape depending on whether res rises or falls. These res changes are not uncommon with this type of design and can happen before, after or during vaping.

Some manufacturers have taken steps to reduce this problem by staking the neg coil leg to the coil case. That of course still leaves the pos leg to squirm around but is still better than nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vera

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA

Wow, air bubbles! I would not have guessed that, lol. I'm glad you figured it out, though. :)

It actually turned out that the coil was defective. The first tankful of juice it vaped fine, but starting with the second tank that first vape upon putting the coil in vaped fine but each subsequent vape got weaker and weaker. Once I swapped out the coil with another new coil, it worked fine. I've gone through 4 tanks of juice on this coil and it still vapes fine and the air bubbles aren't being trapped underneath the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread